Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RECURRING DREAM

HI All

I've always had bizarre dreams, and I like trying to figure them out. Recently since quitting drinking on October I have a recurring strange one.

In the dream I am walking through a cartoonish fantastical landscape,complete with people who appear to be "normal" at first but really are not. The gist of it is that I am in a psychotic breakdown kind of state, and I know this in the dream. The entire goal in the dream is to find someone who is really a REAL person, not a part of the psychosis who can help me get to a hospital to get help.
    I walk through bizarre bacjgrounds and scenarios, featuring things that morph from one thing to another, and I'm thinking the whole time that this is all entertaining and fascinating but scary at the same time because I know that my mind is not right. I continue to try to find someone who can listen to me say that I need help, but everyone I approach and start to tell this to then turns out to be a part of the "imaginary" unreal stuff that I am seeing. Like a person I think is normal will listen to me for a minute and I think I might finally be getting help and they then turn into something else entirely or suddenly have features that indicate that I was wrong-they are not real and a part of my illness-seeing things that are very bizarre
    VERY WEIRD-any thoughts?

RECURRING DREAM

Ann, I think we've met in our dreams. Mine are too weird, Hubs doesn't even want to hear them anymore. Do you ever have the one where you're trying to call out and can't? I've finally figured out it's because I'm physically calling out, in my sleep! Woke the other morning saying what I wanted to say in my dream!!! Hubs just looks at me, and I tell him to be glad I'm not armed in some of my really bad dreams.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

Oh yeah Ruby I have those dreams too. Also very often the dreams of trying to contact someone by phone but cannot. Usually it's a rotary phone and the dial just won't work right and I try and try and I'm frantic .
      I had a dream not long ago that someone was stabbing me and I was fighting back. I woke up kicking the hell out of my bf. He really wanted me to wake up from that one.LOL

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

Ann, once I was being chased by a bad man in my dream and dived off the bed, hit my head on the nighttable, and ended up with a concussion. Can't make this sh@t up!! AND, I was stone cold sober, it was 7 AM. Hubs just shook his head when I told him, but he knows it happens to me. He says I thrash, fight, yell, etc. in my sleep all the time. ((sigh)) That's why I'm so tired when I wake, I guess. I always dream I'm trying to scream but only a squeak comes out. The one good thing is that when I'm in danger in a dream, my hero late Daddy comes to save me.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

Ann, I have absolutely no expertise in the subject of dreams, but I'm wondering this: Could the landscape and people who aren't real and therefore unable to help you represent your attempt to find people in the real world who are sober/responsible and can help you in your struggle for AFness? You're ill in the dream (the alcoholic you) trying to get help (trying to become the sober you)??? Just as in real life you know you're an alcoholic, so do you also know in the dream that you need help. And, the people initially look like they can help you but they turn out to be part of the psychosis (as in people in your real life really don't understand your alcoholism and therefore can't help you).....

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

rubywillow;1264028 wrote: Ann, I think we've met in our dreams. Mine are too weird, Hubs doesn't even want to hear them anymore. Do you ever have the one where you're trying to call out and can't? I've finally figured out it's because I'm physically calling out, in my sleep! Woke the other morning saying what I wanted to say in my dream!!! Hubs just looks at me, and I tell him to be glad I'm not armed in some of my really bad dreams.
            If you think that your dreams are weird, you should check out my wtf school related dream journal (keeping one because of the dreams and because I am trying to write a book.)

(If u feel brave enough, I can send it to you)
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

Oh yeah Alison I'd love to see it!
              My email is ann540@gmail.com

Unwasted-Yeah you could be right on that. There's just no way to describe the landscape of this dream. It's colorful and ever-changing and wild. I like them and I haven't really thought in depth about it.

My sister and I compare dreams;we both have really strange ones.

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

Ann perhaps you are not yet trusting that what is there is there, that you still feel unwell or that what you are experiencing will slip away?
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

RECURRING DREAM

DA, I'm exhausted after my dreams when I wake! When I tried as a child to tell my Momma she said I didn't sleep long enough for all that!! Enjoy hearing about others though. I've quit trying to figure them all out, but I just know my Daddy's letting me know he's still looking after me. That's my take, anyway. And when I dream about my Momma and her sisters I looked after, it's the same, in a different manner. They were a way of life I miss, but I can count on seeing them often in dreams. Hope they're not getting tired of all looking after me! :H
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X