Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 19 January!

Beat you !!! nah nah nah nah nah nah.....:banana:
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Friday 19 January!

beginning day 7, feeling good, hope everyone is doing well, I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Hi everybody,

Well I *finally* have phone and internet at my new place.... I moved in last weekend but wasn't "connected" to the world until yesterday afternoon. So if you've wondered where I disappeared to, I've been unpacking and arranging (and rearranging) the furniture.

When I first got here and had no phone, internet or television I thought it was going to drive me batty because those things are so much a part of my routine. Over the last few months, the internet has been a lifeline to me, as my morning routine has been to get up and read/post at MWO for an hour or so while having coffee and waking up. It's a part of my recovery program, just as going to AA meetings is for many people.

But other than that, I must say that I enjoyed the lack of television in the house... I realized just how much I've come to use it as a diversion when I want to "zone out," especially after a long day at work. I'm going to see what I can do to reduce its use... only turn it on for specific shows or periods of time etc.

I'm also starting the transition into my new job. I'm part time in the old job, part time in the new one. The people and energy are just great in the new office and I'm really looking forward to being there full time.

So there are lots of positive changes going on here for me. And I'm very happy that alcohol is no longer a part of my life. I'm not sure I could be doing any of this if it were...

Hope you are all having a great day. TGIF! And watch out for those Friday cravings, if Friday is a trigger for you~

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Congrats Newgrl - you've got an entire week under your belt! :goodjob:

I'll second your thought - here's to a happy, healthy & sober weekend to all....
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Thanks AAthlete!
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Hi folks:

400 days AF as of today.

Who wrote and sang that song, "I can see clearly now" ?

You know the one. "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone."

That is my song for today.

Neil

Comment

Friday 19 January!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Friday 19 January!

I can see clearly now..the rain has gone.......no more obstacles in my way......

)
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Gone'a be a bright sunshiney day!!!!!!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYJGUS
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday 19 January!

now i have that song in my head....
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Look around... there's nothing but blue skies...

olly

Comment

Friday 19 January!

400 days! Xtexan you are my hero! I want to be just like you 380 days from now!

Thanks for being there to inspire.

Mike up north - I did wonder where you were - You don't know me but I was reading you before I ever posted. glad you are back. Does it feel comfy and homelike where you live now?
                        Rivergirl

Comment

Friday 19 January!

i can see clearly now

'all of the bad feelings have disappeared.. here is the rainbow I've been praying for... it's gonna be a bright sunshiney day...' '

(it's jimmy cliff)

A big warm hello to all other posters, happy sobriety and lucidity and have a fantastic weekend...

Comment

Friday 19 January!

Awesome Neil.
                            You are a star.

Comment

Friday 19 January!

400 days... what an inspiration!

Bless you x

Gem
                              Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Working...