So VERY tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So VERY tired

If they made a smiley that looked like it was asleep, that's what I would put on here. I have been exhausted since starting the program. I'm using hypno CD's, taking all the supplements, I added ginkgo biloba for additional help combating mental fuzz.

I read that when you quit drinking, this sleepiness thing is common because for about the last 7 years, I haven't had a normal night's sleep, my drinker's sleep patterns are all messed up and my body is adjusting, but by about 4pm, I am seriously a walking nap. If I could lie down on the sidewalk, I probably would.

Does anyone have the same experience? Any suggestions for energy enhancing supplements that aren't stimulants?
    --
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

So VERY tired

Hi there I"ve,

Funny you mention this as the past few days have been unbelieveable for me. I was lucky to be able to take a nap on Wed and Thurs and I'm not talking a light cat-nap... bam, I was out cold! And, still was able to go to bed around 10:00pm and fall right to sleep. A few days earlier, I went to bed at 7:00pm!! But, as weird as this need for extra sleep is at the moment, I feel so good afterwards. So, yeah, maybe my body is trying to catch up on lost REM time or something. I'm not fighting it though. Hey, I'm just glad I can sleep!!
    take care, Olly

Comment

So VERY tired

I have slept incredibly since i stopped drinking 9 years ago except for when i have heaps of pain from my bone disease, which i am on cancer treatment for.

Comment

So VERY tired

Olly,

Sounds like you have a great attitude about the whole thing! I probably should just carve out time for some naps here and there and make it a priority to let myself go through this time, but as usual, I've also overcommitted myself to other things as well I work and go to Law School, so I'm a bit overwhelmed. But I can make time on the weekends for myself too!!

I just really hope this doesn't last too long. You are right, once I get up, man I feel GREAT! But I do have to say, getting myself out of bed in the mornings right now isn't really any easier than it was when I was hungover, except that part where it doesn't actually hurt
        --
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
        -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

So VERY tired

ihavebeenherkind,

I think it is totally normal for you to be experiencing this!!!! Our bodies are FINALLY getting the much needed rest and not to mention are working overtime to repair itself. I was dragging my arse for over 10 days in the beginning, and still have the occasional day where I simply feel 'burnt out'.

This will pass. What I found helps is going out for a walk everyday or two, and retiring to bed a bit earlier.

Comment

So VERY tired

wishing you luck, aa

aa,

Sorry to hear about your bone cancer. My brother has had a bone cancer for ten years now, so I understand the fight as well as another person can. How brave of you to have licked booz while battling the disease! I wish you all the best.

Ivy

Comment

So VERY tired

AA, sorry to hear about your bone cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

I have never take topa, which I understand can do weird side affects, however when I first started out I took the supps according to the program and found out very quickly I had to take the calms forte off my list as it made me so sleepy, just like you described Ivy. I now use it if I have a hard time falling asleep or as a sleep aid only an hour or so before bed.

Maybe that is messing with your energy also?

Comment

So VERY tired

Up at 3:00 am

Hi all! Yes I agree with MKR. I can't take the calm forte during the day. Only at night if I need extra help sleeping. But I think I am starting to get use to it. I fall asleep about 10:30 every night then I wake up around 3:00 am and then usually fall asleep again around 6:00 am. But that is when my day starts. So it is very difficult. I do find that the Vitamin B50 really gives me energy during the day. hbhb

Comment

So VERY tired

Hi I did 14 days AF after christmas..kinda tripped up the last few days but I also felt exhausted..I was sleeping okay but could barely move in the mornings..It really annoyed me because I was eating really healthily but still felt really crap...I wonder if it is something to do with blood sugar levels from lack of alcohol...does anyone know anything about such things??

Comment

So VERY tired

I think I'm going to try adding the L-glutimine. I already pulled the Calms Forte off the day-time and reduced it to only one pill at night. I'm also going to cut down the Amino Acid Complete a little (I'm taking the "all pill pack" rather than the All-One Shake: I know myself, I won't take the time to mix up a shake.), I just read that it has tryptophan in it which tends to make me VERY sleepy. It's also got L-Tyrosine, which is supposed to cancel out tyroptophan's sleepy effect, but I guess I'll just have to play around with all this until it works for me. I'll let you guys know if the glutamine helps.
                    --
                    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

So VERY tired

Thanks for starting this thread because I have been DRAGGING and wondering why myself. I will pull the calms forte and see hat the AA also causes sleepiness so maybe I will move that to bed time instead of morning. I can't do that Shake either.
                      Thanks and any other suggestions will be so much appreciated ...my kids are lovin' that I'm not as quick though
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

So VERY tired

I'm not doing the whole supp thing - just glutamine and evening primrose, alpha lipoic acid and fish oil - no topa but the CDs. I am on 24 days AF and don't feel bad but do feel sleepy. Very sleepy - it is kind of nice but wow - I could just red and sleep all the time - weird. Must be healing or something.

Nine years without drinking - wow - we cab learn from you - how has it been - anything we should know? Our prayers are with yo with your bone cancer. Blessings!
                        Rivergirl

Comment

So VERY tired

I'm moderating rather than abstaining, but when I string a few AF days together I also get very sleepy. I'm taking the All One, kudzu, l-glut, EPO - no meds, and no calms forte. I tried moving the All One to nighttime in case that was causing it, but no change. I was not drinking any caffeine before I started this program, and now I drink it all day long just to stay awake at work. If it's my body adjusting I guess I can live with that, but the sudden change is amazing.

pixie
                          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

So VERY tired

Hey Pixie, Hi, Maybe they are right that it is just the body making up for lost REM time while drinking. When I sleep the sleep is good - so nice I could just do it all the time! Funny. Good for you doing mods - I can't - I've tried in the past but always end up taking it too far sooner or later.
                            Rivergirl

Comment

So VERY tired

hey rivergirl

congrats on 24 days! time will tell if mods works for me. I agree that it's been GOOD sleep, but it's SO hard to get myself out of bed in the morning, and stay awake. But it beats hangovers!

pixie
                              AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
                              X