Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Mornin' all,

really short on time, but just wanted to say "hey" .

Can anyone recommend their favorite workout tape/dvd? I don't have a "step" although I might buy one if that's the most popular. I've tried Kathy Smith Fat Burning... ugh... maybe to high impact for me, or else I'm just totally uncoordinated, but I just can't get into the groove. I like free weights.

Enjoy your day. And don't let that opportunity to take care of yourself pass you by.

Olly

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Hi Olly,
    I use to work-out at home, but now have graduated to the YMCA. I like the Reebock step tape. It has very easy steps, I would turn down the volumne and play my own music. I am very uncoordinated and can not keep a beat, (tone deaf).
    You are making me feel guilty today. I could not mentally think about working out today. Maybe now I will over lunch.
    Guess, I will take that opportunity and get my "high" from exercise today.
    Abby

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Olly, here is a site I really like Collage Video -- Exercise Videos Work! - they give you a lot of choices. You type in your level of both what type of exerciser you are and choreography. If you like dance, it can be complex. If you don't it can be as simple as line dance or Richard Simmons. I love Christi Taylor - she's advanced, and it took me a long time to learn her DVDs. Philip Gray also has a step/floor tape that I love - it is advanced choreography that also took me a long time to learn. But, I love to dance and married to someone with two left feet, so this is my outlet.

There are lots of walking tapes on here - it depends on how simple or complex you want to get. Back from my workout, by the way. Feel great. Did upper body and 50 minutes of elliptical/bike.

Have a great day.

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Hey Abby1 and Barb,

Thanks for the link Barb, I'll check it out. I definitely like dancing around too... but's it's usuallly to the beat of my own drum. Catch you all later.
        Olly

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Hi everyone - I got up a little late but made it to the gym in spite of myself. I did situps, and stretches, 5 min on the stairmaster and then 35 min on the treadmill.
          My knee is still bothering me some. Feels like it is just under the kneecap. Has anyone taken glucosomine? If so...has it helped any?

I bought some 5-htp (hope that is correct) yesterday...has anyone used that and if so does it make you feel better and inhibit your appetite like it says?

ok...going to clean the house
          Lisa

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

Olly, Lisa & Barb,
            You guys win the prize. I skipped working out....
            Tomorrow!!!! Somedays it is just a mental thing.... Kinda sounds like drinking, Huh?
            Abby

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

hey abby...I think you are right ..it really is a mental thing! I've had to wrestle with myself the last few trips to the gym. I just tell myself I'm only going to put my gym clothes on but I'm not going to the gym. Then I get dressed.
              Once I put my shoes on I think, well, I guess I could go to the gym but I don't have to do much when I get there. So I go to the gym.
              I look forward to the car ride because I have a good book on tape going in the car.
              Once I get there I hear the music and see everyone working out and I think - ok...I'm just going to do 5 min on the treadmill.....an hour later I feel pretty smug that I did a whole workout and I walk out all red faced a sweaty.
              I guess we can talk ourselves into anything!
              lisa

Comment

Bugle... Friday Jan 19

arrggghhh!

Could not stand it anymore. Been "goofing off" for a week now, and just doing stretches.

Tonight, had to do upper body weights. The whole nine yards. Bench press, military press, fly curls, lat pulls, delts, biceps and triceps blasters, shrugs, leg lifts for abs, forearm curls, and some squeezing on those little spring loaded hand grippers.

Got pumped good. It is a definite. The rest periods build the muscles. Major pumpitude.

Had to drag myself into the weight room at the house. Motivation not at the highest level these days.

Stupid left leg hamstring is STILL tight, and the sciatic nerve still numby-tingly. Been working on that for a long time now. Very slow progress. I tried digging into the tendon-muscle near the back of the knee with my knuckles, and there is a knot there from years and years ago. I had a motorcyle wreck when I was 16 years old, and bunged up my left leg a bit. Pulled the tendon to knee cap on the front of the left leg, and had a bit of a tear. I had to wear a brace for over two years, and limped a bit. When I finally got the brace off at 18, I started running to strengthen it. Old injuries take so much work to get straightened out at my age (50). Funny the things that rise to meet you when the booze is abandoned.

Oh well. Glad I was wearing a helmet when I had that cycle wreck, cause I would be in the grave now many years if not for that.

Coming back from the dead is always a job you know.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                X