X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zyprexa

http://www.mercola.com/2007/jan/6/wh...r-a-decade.htm

zyprexa

This stuff is a dieter's nightmare. My P-doc put me on it for 2 weeks and I gained 4kgs - came off straight away. Depressed is bad enough, depressed and fatter is not a good look. The big problem is that this drug does do wonders for people with psychosis and affective disorders. I was on a tiny dose for anxiety - no issues not taking it, but for some it's a lifeline.

Cashy

PS My doc told me beforehand about the possible weight issues - they seem to be well documented.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

zyprexa

Scary stuff...
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

zyprexa

Hi Cash,
        I am on Citalopram (Cipramil) 20mgs for anxiety and it is excellent. Zyprexa is a bit over the top for treatment of anxiety. I often saw Zyprexa prescribed for people with dementia and behavioural disorders and it was a good drug in that way.

Hope that helps

Warm wishes
        Diana
        eace:

Comment

zyprexa

Hi Diana,

The anxiety ended up being chronic agitation due to bipolar - so I spose the low dose was in order really (not that they knew that then).

Lots of people with bipolar and schizophrenia take it - but many put on lots of weight.

I'll never touch it again.

Just came off Citalopram last week - if you ever come off it don't let your doc tell you there are not "discontinuation symptoms" cause there are and they are bad. It leaves your system much faster than other ssri's (24hrs) so give the old brain a bit of a shock! Check out the withdrawal on google if you're interested.

Make sure you taper v v slowly if you stop it. I had to come off pretty fast cause was pushing me into mania.

Cheers

Cash
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

zyprexa

wow, Cash thanks for the heads up. I've been on 20mg per day for a week now and I'm not even sure if I really needed it or not to begin with. will get another opinion on Wed.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

zyprexa

Cash, you're so right. I wanted to redfuce my citalopram and doc just said cut them in half. Wrong. Suggested reduction should be to reduce a 1/4 pill stay there for three weeks, then another 1/4, etc.

I went on vacation last year w/o it and after 5 days was going crazy. The withdrawl from it mirrors the exact symptoms it was prescribed for. Also, when people are prescribed citalopram they begin to feel better and think they don't need it, but it's because it's working!! I just want to go from 20 mg to 10mg and see how that works.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
              X