Monday january 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday january 22nd

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday. I am on day 10 here and going strong luckily with the wonderful advice of all my lovely MWO friends. Hopefully the weekend went well for everyone, mine was okay, I did onay this weekend without the drinking think, the second weekend for me like this, not too bad, thought about it some but i decided ten days ago it just wasnt something I was going to do, so there, i guess thats what worked, oh and it helped yesterday that my face was plastered to a television screen for about 7 hours watching footbal games. Saints lost, sad about that, but my other team, the Colts won, so I am happy about that.
    Okay enough rambling once again, have a lovely day all,

Victoria.
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Monday january 22nd

Thats the way to go Victoria, 10 days AF is fantastic news....
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Good going Victoria.
      I'm really pleased for you.

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Yet again Paul... I have another strange craving for spinach Thanks
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Thanks Kate, actually I do have a little battle going with Becca right now (friendly battle) to beat her stretch of 11 days AF, and I am very competitive by nature, so that little beast has taken over the alcohol beast right now....however considering this is my first ever attempt at AF I am surprised I made it this long, I have to give credit for that one to everyone here, so thanks guys!!!!!!!!!! You are all a GREAT inspiration!!!!!
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Victoria- you are doing so great! And your enthusiasm positive thoughts are contagious!
            I have read your daily progress and I could not be more proud or more happy for you!!!

Happy Day 10 :goodjob:
            Lisa

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Hi y'all:

Strange day for the Neil machine. Some subtle shift has occurred. I can't put my finger on it, but a bit calm and collected for a Monday.

These little improvements occur from time to time over the long haul. It is encouraging. I've been reading in a few places, that these "little" increments in psychological improvement will continue for around three years after the last drink....that is if you keep after the program you have chosen for yourself.

I must keep focused on this. This is the marathon run, and pacing is everything.

Remember, you don't have to build Rome in a day, or a week, or a month my friends. Personal sobriety and recovery is an intensive process, requiring great care. Creating a new sober self is akin to building a great empire of new perceptions and feelings. It does take time.

Just want to let you know, that the work continues, and even the small improvements yield new joy. No, it is not like the first weeks or months when you get that big first rush of new found lucidity. This is different. It is like after the foundation, framing, and walls are up, then one can put in the electricals and plumbing.

So, I can see further down the road, that perhaps one day, I can have the carpeting, appliances, and other fixtures in. Still so much work to do here.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Scratching from start, and building fastly our way somewhere. And God, the absolute strength and fortitude I find in myself, could build a small nation. Could.

Comment

Monday january 22nd

Neil and Kathy,

Thank you for this exchange on slowly building. It helped me to understand what I feeling now that the initial rush is gone.

Best, Cap

Comment

Working...
                  X