Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugle Call, Tuesday, Jan 23rd

Mornin' fitters,
    Wow, this month is flying by, isn't it? I'm off to exercise. I'm meeting a friend for a long power walk.. through the wind and the rain no less. My gym membership (it was a trial memebership) has expired, I'll be renewing it Feb 1st. Meanwhile, it's a power-walk every day with 20 minutes of freeweight workout with Kathy Smith's Dvd... "20 minute workouts". Gotta get in shape to go to the gym.:H

Have a good one all!
    Olly

Morning Olly! And others (still working out no doubt) Stay warm out there Olly!
    I had a good morning. My trainer shook things up a bit today. He said he wanted to make sure I wasn't bored. We did a mini circuit. 60 sec on the spinning cycle bike, then 60 sec with boxing gloves hitting a bag, then 60 sec doing crunches ( either leg lifts, scissors, air bike)....then back to the bike - this time with weights...then the punching bag ...then the mat for ab work...all 60 sec each. We did that for a half hour. Then I walked on the treadmill for 25 min and called it a day.
    Feeling pretty good now. Love having a trainer!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I was very tired yesterday so I tried to get in bed a little earlier last night. Sleep is also a wonderful thing.

Love-
    Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

That's my cat in your avatar!

Been doing 6-7 miles mon, wed, fri on the treadmill. Doing circuit of weights on tues and thurs. followed by 30 minutes on the efx machine. I'm not loosing a pound! I know it's my eating habbits.......I especially snack in the evenings when I am not drinking.

I need to talk to Becca about my shin splints.

Have a great day!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Rachele, sorry to hear ya have shin spints. Ouch! Not sure if that's what I had or not, but I had some kind of major pain in my shins years ago from downhill ski racing (bumps-moguls). Definately no fun.

I'm off for another walk on the beach. Yesterday was gorgeous! Today looks pretty good too! Beach walk & then leg lifts in the hot tub @ Mom & Dad's! (love having them outa town sometimes!):h
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Ran 2 miles this morning for time on the treadmill, did wonderful, beat the time i wanted by 30 seconds woohoo!!!!.
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

YO!

Cardio workout tonight.

Stats:

Time run- 24:02
            Distance- 7.95K
            Ergometer- 166
            Pulse run- 20:00 (exacta-mundo!)
            Time in zone: 19:51
            Time over zone: 0:00
            Time under zone: :09
            Average pulse: 128
            Max. pulse: 133

This was a super precision zone workout. Rarely can I hit the numbers like that. Still in low to mid aerobic zone here. I feel all tingly!!

Meridian stretches after this. Easy dinner. 2% Lactaid milk, grape nuts cereal, two sliced bananas. Sometimes I like to have cereal for my evening meal after aerobic workout. Call me weird!!

Maybe another black cherry Jello cup before bed, along with 100mg 5-HTP and some passion flower herb extract. Have to hit the hay early, as I need to go into work hour earlier tomorrow.

Have a better one!

Neil

Comment

rachele--
              I was wondering whose cat that was in my house.... sleeping in my room and eating in my kitchen and growling at the doves in my backyard....I'll send her right back
              ..aren't tabbys just the best?!

Lisa

Comment

Just finished up a cycling workout. Went for a total of 1:15, averaged 25 mph with a max/avg heart rate of 180/155. Considering I felt like going to bed instead of riding, was extremely happy with the results...

The only drawback - I shouldn't have had that 2nd mini-burrito before going out - urp!
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I took the puppy for a walk around the block.

Does that count?

:heart: E

Comment

Working...
                  X