Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, January 24th

Hello, hello:

I got to work in the early hours to take care of some third shift issues.

Sitting at the desk, waiting for the day to start. Most of the management group is still an hour away from arriving, and the emails and calls not for another couple.

Still feeling calm and collected. I hope this lasts for a while this time. The waves seem to be smoothing out over the long haul. Maybe approaching a state of equilibrium, at least that is what it seems like looking at the past several months.

I'm back on track with the regular exercise as of late, and not over doing it. Had some very intense dreams last night, like some nightmares I used to have. But instead of ending up badly like a nightmare, things turned out OK in the end of the dream. Does this mean my subconcious mind is settling down? Hope so.

Be well.

Neil

Wednesday, January 24th

I posted this in monthly abs too, I am just lazy and didnt want to type something twice...

Day 12 here, I had a really good run yesterday and I have been having trouble sleeping throught the night, but last night i slept like a rock, wanted to stay in bed too!!!!! but i had to get up and run this morning, and I did, but i took it a little easier, i pushed it pretty hard yesterday. I am still feelling pretty good, better by the day actually, dont get me wrong, I still have my moments i am just chosing to focus on the moment I like as opposed to those that slow me down...

I have you all to thank for that attitude...

And as of today I and equaled out in the drink tracker for a 50/50 split 12 days on it vs 12 days off....

again I have you all to thatnk for that...

have a wonderful wednesday I will check back in later...

Oh yeah and a big shout out to becca and Paulb

Love Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Good morning Neil and Victoria

My sleep has been much better without drink!
      I have taken melatonin , 5mg halfed, for about the last week. It helps me go to sleep. I think the dreams happen when we reach restful sleep ? Is that right?
      I don't have any dreams when drinking. Over time my dreams have become more pleasant.

Going to do the tracker now....I love O's!!!!!

:h Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Good evening Neil ,Victora and Nancy.

I've been getting up even earlier than usual with the intention of going for a run (Victoria inspired) before logging on here and reading a few posts before work. Instead, I log on first and by the time I've read my fill, it's too late for a run. I really enjoy coming here in the morning but I think I might have to start rationing my time here. I don't seem to be able to get any domestic stuff done.
        Any thoughts?

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Day 10 AF for me. Not sure why I didn't start posting in this area earlier, since my goal is not to drink, but well, here I am. Having a bit of a tough time, thought things would be better by now, oh well, I think it's going to take at least 30-90 days. No physical cravings; just mental ones. They come and go. Campral is helping with those, I think.

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Newgirl,

You are inspiring with the morning runs, I got up this morning and did my morning run and feel quite good about it. I have been so sleepy lately it was hard to get up. Day 25 AF today. You are all helping me,
            thank you,
            Rivergirl

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Paulb, I walk up at 4:20, head to gym or outside, run for 30 min, then start my day, if you want to run, I have learned the only way i can fit it in, especially in the mornings is to make it a first priority, I have to be at work at 6:30am, so I am going from the moment I wake up, wake up, run, shower, breakfast, drive to work, sign into computer, check into MWO< workworkwork, I do that mon-fri, then mon, weds and friday I run in the afternoons as well, but i am given time after work. And then I run a long run every saturday (this is such a mood booster, but it suck while you are running it)6 miles.

Now i didnt start this two weeks ago people so dont think i am superwoman, I have been running like this for years, however,, I have been a lush as well, and my performance was horrible and i could be pretty flaky with my schedule, I am just now enjoying this, and sleeping well due to the exercise, so dont go out and run 15 miles this week injure something!!! It is very much worth it and even when I was drinking it boosted my mood, now it boosts it by about 500% a day.

There is no better medicine than achievement

Victoria
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Thanks Victoria.
                I got up at 4:45 and got some excercise in before coming here.
                I Googled up a beginners guide to running a couple of days ago.
                I am going to follow it properly. It says to start off easy with walking for the first week or so, and then slowly start running, building it up as you go along.
                I'm no spring chicken (45) so I'll do as I'm told. I don't want to hurt myself.
                There is no better medicine than achievement
                I like that....

Comment

Wednesday, January 24th

Hey Andy!

10 AF is fantastic. Keep going ....

Comment

Working...
                  X