Roll Call - Wednesday Jan 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, your body as well as your mind needs to be taken care of. Did everybody get those workouts in today??

1/2 cardio - 1/2 free weights for me at lunch (managed to sneak some core work in as well - always my challenge).
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Not yet but I made a great stuffed shells with spinach and ground turkey and also made homemade orange poppyseed dressing for a big salad for dinner. All healthy stuff. I hope to walk later today and also go check out this new 24hours fitness place just opened not to far from me.

Sammys

Comment

Let me know what you think of 24 Fitness. I go to Lifetime right now, but am always exploring other options and there are lots of them popping up around here.

P.S. The meal/salad sounds good!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AA,

Good job!!!!... I need to start this back up..

Long story short...High school athlete (football/basketball)
        Worked out at gyms 20+ years / Also run 3-5 miles a day...UNTILL about 4 years ago...knees started hurting / doctors / xrays / no cartilage left...shots / anti inflam's / shots....no working out for about a year...Then two knee replacements one after the other / Rehab / rehab / pain pills / Vodka//// Now 50 lbs added on and I need to get back to a Gym

OK another great task before me....thanks for making me feel bad
        Control the Mind

Comment

Rocky, no more excuses for me after hearing what you've gone through!! My knee bothers me as well (I gave up triathlons last year because of it) so I stick to cycling for the most part.

Can't even imagine going through not one, but two knee replacements. I keep hoping that if I take care of it long enough, they'll figure out a way to re-grow cartilage!

You can do it (just like you're beating the booze) - just need to find something that works for you. Best of luck my friend...

Comment

Hey...reporting in for today. I didn't get to the gym this morning but I'll be there in the morning. Trainer day tomorrow.

Rocky- how about swimming?

Lisa

Comment

FRAK!

Got obliterated by a 14 hour work day. One thing led to another, and everyone wanted a piece of my tush to run through the meat grinder.

No more agitation for today. No TV, no radio, no nothing. A few yoga postions, and some silence are the order of this evening.

A good nights rest, and tomorrow will be a better and different day.

Neil

Comment

Lisa,

Yes the gym I belong to does have a pool. I am a terrible swimmer, but I suppose I could improve that.
                They do have bikes and ellipticals that I can use that are OK on the knees. I just need to get at it.
                Thanks
                Control the Mind

Comment

Hey Rocky - I am a terrible swimmer too so I can relate to that. I thought about using a kickboard and get in some exercise that way....haven't done it yet though. I really like the eliptical machine - it is pretty good on the knees. good luck

Lisa

Comment

Hey Rocky, I don't have an ACL in my left knee either. I do a lot of bicycling, kayaking, and walking on the beach. I used to love to run on the beach... untill that day my knee made that loud POP sound and swelled up, & turned purple, I think that's when she BLEW! Oh well, walking is still good! And biking is fine for it. Just can't ski anymore, no more side to side movemements .. like basketball, or crazy dancing!

They do make some pretty good braces these days (but I'm bad about wearing mine)
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                    X