Happy Thursday, Jan 25th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning on hitting the Pilates class at the health club today. Actually seems to be getting easier - at least I can roll up into a situp now without my legs coming off the ground.

It's the little things in life for me these days! :woot:

Hope everyone has a healthy and productive Thursday...
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

AA

You doing AF or Mod? How is it going?
    Control the Mind

Comment

I'm doing AF and am on working on Day 10.

It's really scary, but so far it hasn't been an issue at all. A couple of minor thoughts here and there, but no cravings and no thoughts that I am missing out on something. I'm just enjoying waking up happy every morning and being productive when I get home at night.

I've got my box of Hypno CD's and Kudzu sitting at home unopened right now - I just haven't needed them so far. Maybe after all the reading and soul-searching I've been doing things have finally sunk in. I know it's waaay to early to get too excited, but I am cautiously optimistic!

How are you doing?
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I have not been able to curb it on my own ...so I am saving to get the sups, CD's and then start I hope within a week or two.

Feeling rough to day... Can't wait till I can claim AF days along with you.
        Control the Mind

Comment

10 days!:goodjob: AA! Congrats! Keep those legs down.

Funny thing I've got an Ab Lounge @ home but it doesn't seem to make my tummy sore, no matter how often I use it . I've been doing 100 leg lifts per evening the past few nights in my Folk's hot tub, & abs are sore! It feels good. But it's kinda funny, that something I'm doing that's supposed to be for relaxing, is making me sore... just because I get bored & can't sit still! Gotta love it!

Rocky, hope your day gets better...
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hello all

Rocky....you'll get there..

Comment

Hello everyone:

Upper body weights this evening. Same routine as last time, 2 sets, 12 reps. I need to work on the abdominals a little more, so extra crunches and leg lifts are warranted. My shoulders, pectorals, biceps, lats, etc are showing a fair degree of improvement over the last year, but the abs are nowhere to be seen. The fat layer on my gut is getting thinner as time goes on, but the abdominal wall muscles are still resisting improvement. I have gone from 24% body fat to about 19% over the last year, but slow going. I wish I was in my thirties again, as it was a bunch easier back then.

Dinner is turkey slices, with spinach leaves, and sprouts in a soft tortilla roll. The so called "wrap".

BTW: One our members, Katesm has made it to one year alcohol free. If so inclined,you might wish to drop by long-term abs and post a congratulations note.

Neil

Comment

Hi - Congrats AA--- 10 is AWESOME

Sorry about having a rough day rocky.....paul is right -just keep going - hang in there

Neil- thanks for sharing your routine. I am interested in how you work out and always seem to learn something new. Your quest for knowlege has certainly benefitted many here - thanks for sharing.

I got to the gym this am..it was legs day..extensions, squats, curls, steps with weights...whew. Can't wait to see how sore I am tomorrow!

Sj- leg lifts in the hot tub? Like scissor kicks? Are you still wearing your pedometer at work?
                Night all-
                Lisa

Comment

OLLY

olly....hey, where are you?

Lisa

Comment

Pilates!

:goodjob: goodjob: Hey AA I'm a Pilates/Yoga/Fitness Instructor. Right on, on keepin those legs on the ground. It's tough keeping in shape when your boozing. But I find Fitness a refuge from the booze. How about you? Keep it up and never give up!

TLK

Comment

TLK

I've looked into yoga quite a bit. I really think that it would do me a lot of good. I bought a few books and tried some of the simpler poses but I can't even sit properly. I'm as stiff as a board all the time. I would enjoy the meditation also.
                      I think I might give it a try properly, and enrol in a class or something. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Hey Paul....I've been considering yoga too but I'm also not too limber. I will try to find a class at my gym and see how I like it. Let me know if you try it out.
                        Lisa

Comment

Sure thing Lisa

Comment

TLK - yes I do find it to be a refuge from drinking (even more so now). I'm finally realizing that it does absolutely no good to get in a killer workout, then go have drinks that night. It's after your workout, when your body is recovering/repairing itself, that you see the most benefits - drinking simply inhibits that process.

Comment

Take a class

:jumpin: IT REALLY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO YOGA PROPERLY WITHOUT AN INSTRUCTOR IF YOU FIRST STARTING OUT AND AND IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR FLEXABILITY IMENSELY, WHICH OF COURSE WILL REDUCE YOUR PROBABILITY OF INJURY AS WELL AS REDUSE STRESS. I HAVE BEEN IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY FOR TEN YEARS AND YOGA REALLY IS ALL THAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE, IF YOU FIND A GREAT INSTRUCTOR. THE SECOND CLASS I TOOK I FOUND MY SELF HANGING UPSIDE DOWN FROM THE WALL (THIS WAS AT A YOGA STUDIO), GO FOR IT AND IT CAN CHANGE YOUR BODY, ATTITUDE AND LIFE.

TLK

Comment

Working...
                              X