Topa vs. Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topa vs. Campral

I wanted to share my experience with Campral because I think it could help a lot of newbies.
    OK, so I was on Campral for about two months before I joined this site. Campral wasn't working because I continued to drink on it. I read all the info about Topa and got all excited and thought this would be the magic pill.

I approached my doc and he wouldn't prescribe it because he said it is dangerous to drink on it (Topa). He knew all about Topa and as soon as I got the word out of my mouth he started shaking his head. So, I got real bummed out and was like, "Oh shoot, what do I do now?"

Anyway, I got real serious about taking the Campral (2 pills, 3x a day) and I stopped drinking. WOW. What a difference. The Campral "kicked in" after about a total of 10 days. I am living proof: If you choose not to drink on Campral, it will make things easier. So don't be disgruntled if your doc says no to Topa.
    Another good thing about Campral: It's covered under most insurance plans and doesn't cost much at all.
    (No, I am not on Campral's payroll, just a fan and if you are taking Topa and it's working I am happy for you!)

Topa vs. Campral

Campral effectivness

I was glad to see this, I have been taking Campral (though not religiously), 2, three x a day, with no affect. Yes, I have still been drinking, but cut back. My sig other just got back from a new doc, who basically said you have to get this weight off, and cut back on alcohol....so I'm going to give the Campral a real try. My doctor gave me the Topo, reluctantly, but said I could only go to 150mg, and that did nothing for me. Thanks for the posting, Andy, I'll give it a shot (no pun intended)

Comment

Topa vs. Campral

I could not agree more. Campral works if not drinking.

Comment

Working...
      X