Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Q's before I start

Hi everyone:
    I am new here :new: and just getting ready to start with the MWO program. I read the book last night (and cried at certain parts because it sounded so much like ME!) I have been looking at the supplements and the CD's and the price is really adding up. Does anyone have any suggestions about what REALLY works, I mean do the CDs really help or is that just $100 bucks down the drain? Which supplements are necessary and which ones don't work? I have a doctor appt on Monday and I'm going to ask for the Topa. I think I will need all the help I can get. Wish me luck! Thanks for any all advice.
    NL
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Some Q's before I start

I can't speak for the supplements or CD's, as somehow I haven't needed them yet (I am taking multi-vitamins on my own). What I can speak for is this website and the people who routinely post on it. But by the grace of God visiting here and chatting with people has helped me farther than I would have thought possible (10 days AF & counting).

You'll find nothing but support and understanding, along with advice on the supplements. I would encourage you to read through the posts, as a lot of people have had real success when combining both together.

Welcome and best of luck.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Hi and Welcome! If money is an issue for you right now, why not try just the supplements and go from there? I am hearing more and more around here that the CDs are very helpful to a lot of people but maybe doing the program in graduated steps will help you figure out what works best for you. Keep us posted on your success!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Some Q's before I start

i have topa, an supps, havent read book or used cd's, they would probably help but i cannot afford them right now, I am on day 13AF and doing fine, If it gets bad i have decided i wil buy them on my credit card, everone has there own method, i dont know what works, best thing that has helped me is the people here.
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Hello and welcome.
          I'm taking some supps. I hear a lot of good reports about the CD's and also some that say they're no good. Personally, I think it depends on your initial atitude to hypnosis whether they work or not. I think they would help me.
          Please stay with us whatever you decide to do. There are some wonderful people here.

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will go for the supps at first. I really feel like I want to get my body back to being healthy. I have been a heavy drinker for about 20-25 years and just feel like I need to stop or I will die from it. Since I have been so good at hiding my addiction from the world I know that this place will be good for me to come and open up. I look forward to reading more of the info I find here and getting the support I know I will need. Thx. NL
            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Did,

I am going to just start with the sups too. Get paid Friday and will purchase them then

Keep us posted on your progress

and Welcom!:welcome:
              Control the Mind

Comment

Some Q's before I start

hi DidItForMe, and welcome!

I use the supplements, I have not yet tried the CDs but have heard that some have success with them. As others have said this site is very important as well - lots of support and stories like your own. I understand the 'hiding it from the world' part - done that too!

pixie
                AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Hi & :welcome:

I was lucky enough to get the cd's on ebay so they didn't cost as much but I do think that they are good.

I think personally though that if you really want to do it then, with the help of the people here it's very achievable with or without everything else.

All the best, Love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :hl
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Supps work (cd's give you reneforcement)

Greetings, I've been on day 12 without a drink. Everyone has thier own way of taking Supps. My method is: Kudus 3x a day (175mg.), Milk thistle 3x a day (175mg), Evening Primrose oil 2x a day (1500mg). If your having trouble sleeping you can add Calms forte 4x a day. I personnelly don't use the cd's but that's what they're for (reneforcement). Good Luck! IAD

For those who gave me all the great advice in my earlier postings, I'm he who was formally known as Ismael. (Goodby Moby Dick).
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Some Q's before I start

Hi Didit, My personal favorite of the CD's is the Hypno 2, which you can buy seperately from the others for about $28. (Or at least it used to be available that way... I'm guessing it still is) It's much shorter than the others, and more to the point. Works better for me.

Also I get my L-glut at the local drugstore. It really helps with cravings and is inexpensive.

:welcome:

:l Judie
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Some Q's before I start

HI, I have been doing moderation driking for 6 day now 1-2 glasses of wine a nite,.Instead of my 2-3 bottles. I downloaded the book. It wasn't expensive. I took the list of supplements to my health food store and bought them there. onnce again not that expensive Just make sure the mgs match what is reccommened. The CDs I haven't purchased yet because I am not a person that hynpotherapy works on, in my opionon. But never say never. EBAY does sound like a good idea where to purchase them on a budget. I wish you all the best

Comment

Working...
                        X