PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Pages : [1] 2

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Hi All,

i've decided to start a weekly weigh in thread for those of us who want to lose weight ......

The idea is that we check in once a week, (preferably monday) with our goals for the week ahead, and then every week, declare any weigh change with hints and tips on how we have done it ....

Anyone interested please come on board...

wwbarb
January 28th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Paula, I'm in, but my weigh in day is Tuesday, when I actually did my first weigh in. It will jinx me if I get on the scale a day early, so I'll be the day behind gal. Do you want do weights or pounds lost. I'm okay with either.

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Hi wwbarb,

Tuesday is OK with me ......

I don't mind what we use regarding weights or losses thats up to the individual .....

See you tuesday xx

Quiescent
January 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Okay, I'm in for Tuesday.

:jumpin:

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Nice to have you on board Rachele :H

Quiescent
January 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome Paula.

I want to loose about 17 pounds.

How about everyone else?

Mrs Macks
January 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Hi Paula, I'm in too....i need a goalhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_6.gif

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I want to lose at least 28lbs ..... in 3 weeks before I go on holiday :yeahright:

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome Lisa xxx

January 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Me too please Paula

Paula, thanks for this, it's just what I need - see my pathetic post on the Mods board:upset: Will get organised joining a group this coming week - can't believe it's all gone so Pete Tong!!!:confused:

The Terror

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Hi terror, welcome to the weight loss forum .....

Why does something tell me that I should be charging ?4.50 a week for this :H

Beaches
January 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm in. See you Tues

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Welcome beaches....

This is starting to feel like i'm at work LOL :H

sammys
January 28th, 2007, 04:06 PM
OK I could use a little motivation. I will weight myself tuesday and report in.

Sammys

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Morning All .....

OK i'll go first, stepped on the scales this morning, weighed 11stone 13lbs ..... Aargh ....

My goals for this week to help my weight loss are: AF monday to friday, lots of healthy food, no takeways, drinking more water, and hopefully lose 2-3 lbs ...

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Paula,

I'm sorry, but will you convert 11 stone into pounds for me. I don't know how much that is.

And, should we put in our height too?

I thought weigh in was tomorrow?

Please advise, oh Majesty of the weekly weigh in:)

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I certainly will convert for my dear friend :H

167 lbs, and only 4 feet 11.75 inches tall (do i need to convert again?)

I originally said monday but some else wanted tuesday so I suppose you can do it want. Monday is best for me xx

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM
No, dear Paula, you do not need to convert inches for me:) I'm just a little rusty on foreign measurements!

If I were you I would just toss that litte 1/4 inch out the window and say you are 5 feet:)

Okay, I haven't eaten yet I suppose I can go weigh myself. (full of dread)

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Weight: 169.6 uuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrg!
Height: 5'7

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM
make that 19 pounds and 10 ounces I want to lose:boohoo:

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Rachele I can't believe that my phone at work keeps ringing when i'm on here trying to get lots of posting done :cool:

5'7 , that is just too tall :H

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 09:48 AM
damn phone
damn work!

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Well said Rachele :H

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Damn phone :H

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Damn work :H

daisy
January 29th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I definatley need motivation to loose weight,maybe this will help!
Im 5"5 and I weigh 166 lbs.
My goal this week is to be AF till atleast Friday and exercise more.

Quiescent
January 29th, 2007, 11:01 AM
MWO biggest looser's club!

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hi Ding Dong,

We are weigh ourselves once a week and post here with any changes.

Good Luck ...

DidItForMe
January 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Oh Great:

I thought it was had to come out of the closet about my drinking problem and here I am about to talk about my big butt too! I may not post my weight, but know that I'm in and that I look forward to the support you gals already have shown me this past week. I truly have about 40 lbs to lose off of this 5'9" body.:upset:

NL

TLK
January 29th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Fatty with experience

:jumpin: Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to MWO, but not new to the wieght loss challenge. I've been a fitness trainer/instructor for ten years, but I have also been on the other end as well. I had to take a year off and now I am 25 Lbs overwieght, constantly eating junk, which I never used to do. I'm just starting to get back into my routine of exercise and healthy eating, because I know that is the only way. I also know that it usually takes about 2 weeks to a month of strict hard work to start to see results on the scale. However, you will see results faster by measuring your waist, hips, thighs etc. I could go on and on but then you guys would probably have me blocked. Good luck to you all. Stay strong. Put a fat picture of yourself on your fridge in a bikini or worse naked aaahhhhh!!!!!

TLK

Accountable for Me
January 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I want to join too!!!!! I am 5'7 and weigh 156lbs. Ideally I would like to lose 16lbs.

What a great idea! This will be a real motivator! Awesome!!!

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Hi All,

Well now you have your very own Slimming Consultant -me- and your very own fitness trainer -TLK-

Wow this is really exciting stuff .......

TLK for someone who is really unfit, what can we do at home to help kickstart us?

Love & Hugs,

TLK
January 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Throw out the white

:jumpin: Anything that you have in your pantry that is white, chuck it. That means white bread, white rice,white sugar and flour,anything processed is bad, anything fresh and grown is good, you guys probably already know this stuff. Make a commitment to get some kind of exercise everyday. Walk around the block, park further away from the store, take the stairs, buy a beginners aerobic dvd for home, dance around the house. Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and drink, drink, drink. NOT BOOZE, ALTHOUGH THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASY, its water. I drink mineral or soda water, with slices of fresh lime or lemon. A handfull of almonds and a piece of fruit is a great snack before dinner, you won't eat so much. Booze has alot of calories, just getting rid of that will help alot. Surround Yourself with healthy things, buy helth and fitness magazines and books, read them every day it's great motivation. Here I go on and on and on. Anyways that should be a good start for all of us!

TLK

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks TLK,

I'm feeling better already :H

TLK
January 29th, 2007, 04:17 PM
NO problem

Paula, we all have it in us to succeed, we just have to make up our minds. When we stumble, we can't give up, we have to pick ourselves up and start again. That is why we are all here for each other. The universe works in myterious ways in bringing people who are struggling together. I for one am glad I'm here! I know you can help me as much as I can help you!

Waves 2
January 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
When I began MWO I was 154lb at 5ft 6ins. Now I am 138lbs. I want to lose another 5lbs by Mid-February.

goals: No alcohol midweek and healthy eating. Plus exercise.

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 04:26 PM
TLK

Yes I'm thankful that I found this place, I truly believe that things happen for a reason & if it hadn't been for alcohol, I wouldn't have friends all over the world ......

Thanks again,

TLK
January 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Way to go!

Waves2 that's a fantastic achievment. Congratulations! Good luck on that 5lbs. Really give it your all and don't cheat and you'll make it. Best of luck.

Looking forward to achieving many goals with you all. Thanks for the support paula.

sammys
January 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
5'4" 141.5 pounds before I ate a giant piece of chocolate cake, but I almost ordered a beer the minute the waitress showed up to the table. I gave myself a reward of chocolate. Have a five pound weight loss goal.

Sammys

January 30th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Sticking my butt in!!!

Hi All - I know you all posted yesterday, and today is Tuesday (well it is here!) Anyway, weighed myself yesterday at 12 stone = 168lbs :upset: However, a nice round figure in both senses of the word :H So, weighed myself again this morning and 11 stone 12.5 lbs = 166.5 - so that's my starting weight cause it sounds better:H I am 5ft 2in short in my army boots (as my Dad used to say)!! My goal for this week is another 2lbs as the 1.5lb from yesterday is probably just water. And, totally AF until further notice (which could be anytime!!!

Have a good day, y'all
The Terror

dilayne
January 30th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Good Morning!
I'm in! I'm 5'6.5" - I've losts 10 pounds this month and am hovering around 140 lbs. I'd like to lose 5 more. I got up to 156 a couple of years ago, so have been struggling with 20 lbs...the last 5 pounds seem to be the hardest. I've done a cleansing type diet this month that has helped, but am resuming weight watchers by traking points today. I'm trying to do 30 minutes on my treadmill most mornings and 30 minutes of yoga at least 4 times a week. My husband and I are talking about lifting some weights soon, that should start this weekend..so there's my plan...will check back in next week!
Have a good day!
Dianne

betty boop
January 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Hiya all,

Have a good week everyone .....

Terror, Still think that I hold the record as the shortest MYO member ...

TLK
January 30th, 2007, 11:11 AM
here it goes

This is tough for me being in the fitness bus. OK here it goes I'm 5'7" and 115 lbs, I'd like to lose at least 5 lbs. JUST KIDDING, I WISH I'm 5'4" and a half, does the half count? And my wieght is at my all time high of 160lbs. My goal is to get to 125 or 130 by April or May which is a pretty steep proposal for anyone, even someone with experience. I've been replacing my wine with sugar so that will have to stop. I do exercise and that will have to increase. An hour and a half of belly dancing this afternoon is my exercise for today. Now that's fun. Good luck to the rest of you this week. Keep strong and don't give up!

Slopslinger
January 30th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Paula,
I'm in. I want to lose 26 pounds in 6 months to get back to that predrunk weight 200.

PEACE......

wwbarb
January 30th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I'm 5'5", weighed in at 143.6 this morning, down from 149 two weeks ago today. My goal (right now) is 135 - may go lower.

sammys
January 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
No chocolate cake tonite for me.

Sammys

KatieSmiles
January 30th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hi Paula
Count me in!
I'm 5'5" and 142.6 lb. My goal is 130lb ...12.5 lb loss

Katie:)

Saint Jude
January 31st, 2007, 02:56 AM
I'm 5'1" and 130. But it's solid... (especially between my ears!LOL!) You know they say muscle weighs a lot... mine sure does! No matter what, my weight seems to stay about the same, give or take 4 or 5 PMS lovely lbs;) ...

Mrs Macks
January 31st, 2007, 09:13 AM
I weigh 11 and ahalf stone and i'm 5'5".........omg need to do something about that......
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_142.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_8_9.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_139.gif

Mrs Macks
January 31st, 2007, 09:15 AM
Where does most of your weight go ?......mine goes on my thighs and my bum.......

Allie
January 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
What is a stone???

I just started Lexapro for depression/ anxiety and after two days on it, I have to force myself to eat and or drink anything. Havent even wanted wine! (or water, coffee, anything). My prob is the opposite for now, so could somebody throw me some white bread? I'm 5'6" and 111 lbs. To the fitness instructor, what is a healthy way to gain five (seriously) without eating trash? I hate white bread by the way. And bananas and sweets. What about protein shakes?

Allie

betty boop
January 31st, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Allie,

In the UK we have something called Complan. It's a drink especially for building you up.

All the best, :h :l

Mrs Macks
January 31st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Allie......there are 14lb in a stone.....I can't do the lbs thing....lol
So i weigh myself in stone.....
Lisa xx

sammys
January 31st, 2007, 03:00 PM
That stone thing cracks me up. Never heard it before. I might start reporting in stones from now on.

Love you guys,

Sammys

Bookish
February 1st, 2007, 12:30 AM
Ok, I'm in too!

This morning I was 146.5 and I am 5'5".

I see a nice 135 in my future. :happy:

Laura

TLK
February 1st, 2007, 02:28 AM
building you up

:jumpin: Hi Allie,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is the best way to build youself up, gain and put on some pounds. Protien shakes are great, but only if you are planning on putting on some muscle by lifting wieghts, which by the way is a great idea for anyone who wants to lose or add weight to thier body no matter what age you are. But if you do not plan to add more muscle (lean body mass) to your frame then I suggest adding meal replacemant shakes or bars in between your meals. Or lots of healthy snacks in between your meals. Keep track of what your eating and make sure your eating more that 1200 calories per day. I hope this helps. Keep trying and never give up/

bear73
February 2nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
hello - wow lots of weight post everywhere on different boards today which is spooky as I am really thinking about it today.
I'm 5'5' and weight 168 - i want to weight 137 by end of June - and be well o nway to it by beginning April as it's my birthday and am sick of seeing fat pics of me/not being abe to wear nice clothes/no beach photos ever !!

I was doing ww last year did very well lost 10 pounds, yo yoed pretty much after first 2 months of losing 1-3 pounds a week and put all back on in Nov/december.
have doen low carb,scarsdale, ww, and calorie counting.
To be honest am back with calorie counting - only times I've ever lost big sums of weight has been doing this and personally I feel ill on low carb and don't have energy to exercise (not very helpful!)
Planning 1400-1600 cals a day run x 30 mins 3 times a week and body pump and body combat or step once a week.
Anyone but especially TLK - can I get your views on that?How much should I expect to lose per week?

betty boop
February 5th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Well ... Here goes, 1st weeks weight loss 2lb ....

Want another 2 for next week .....

Quiescent
February 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Congratulations Betty (weird calling you that)

I ate and drank like a pig yesterday........what does that get me?

A 2lb 4oz weight gain!

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

171.2 and pissed at myself

sammys
February 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Ate nachos twice on sunday, went out to eat again monday. But still from not drinking I lost a pound down to 140.5 right now. Hoping to see 135 1bs in my future to.

Sammys

Accountable for Me
February 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Okely dokely.... weighed myself just now.... Gosh I hate the scale!

Was - last Tuesday:
156.00 lbs (11.14 stones LOL!)

Now - Today:
153.00lbs (10.93 stones)

I think I like the stones conversion better. It sounds better!:H

wwbarb
February 6th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Down another 1.8 this week for a total of 7.4. I'll be the skinnest, lonelest, bored person on the face of the earth.

At lease I'm accomplishing something.

betty boop
February 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
:goodjob: Sammys, Accountable and wwbarb .....

Rachele, keep your chin up love .......
Boop boop be doop ........

I like being Betty ............

TLK
February 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
here we go

:jumpin: Hi everyone, Today I am 4lbs lighter than last week. I am at 156lbs. I'm really happy about it, but it's not from good eating and exercise it's from the flu. So there you go barfing really does work. But I don'r recomend it, how gross. I hope I don't gain it back. I'll have to really watch what I eat until i'm up to workin out again. So until then stay strong everyone,eat the good stuff, be good to your body and never give up you won't regret it!
:h tlk

Bookish
February 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Weigh in Day!

I was up .5 today for a total of 147. I'm not to bummed about it. I have exercised 5 times since last week, including weightlifting twice. I did add some extra sweets to compensate for the lack of alcohol, so that will be my challenge this week. I will stop adding all those little, but high calorie bites into my days.

Laura

TLK
February 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
sweets

:jumpin: Frmca, I hear ya, the sweet cravings are the killer for me. Being AF has brought on enormous cravings for sweet things in the evenings which is the worse time to consume them. My hope is that they will eventually die down if I don't give in to them. It's just the addiction to the sugars that were in the wine I consumed. Trying to be strong. TLK

Bookish
February 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM
TLK,

Chocolate is getting to me big time and I don't consider myself to be a big chocoholic. :)

Let's hope this passes quickly.

Laura

Quiescent
February 12th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Good Morning,

Ahhhhhhhh had a much better week.

I exercised 5 times last week doing power walking (I steadily walk 5.0 miles per hour and can sprint up to 5.4 mph) and weight lifting (doing the weight circuit at the gym 2 times a week)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_141.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk772DKUS)

My weight today is 168.7 for a 2.5 pound weight loss this week!!!!!!!!!!!

It is only .9 pound weight loss since I started, and I know that but at least it's moving in the right direction again.

And the best news is.......I was measured a month ago at the YMCA.

I've lost 1 1/2 inch in each thigh and 1 1/2 inch in my hips!

4 1/2 inches lost! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay......this is my new ticker. You can get one by clicking on it and creating your own. It took me forever to figure out how to get it to show up on this board so let me save you some time.

First, you have to use Internet Explorer for your web browser then copy and paste directly to the message box the bbCode. It's the first code you will see.

Good Luck to everyone else to come!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_122.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk772DKUS)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfAJ0rn/weight.png

(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfAJ0rn/)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk772DKUS/a

betty boop
February 12th, 2007, 12:37 PM
WOW Rachele :goodjob:

Quiescent
February 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Where is everyone?

tea
February 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Betty and all, I'm in for Tuesdays. Already a member of weight watchers and go to meeting every week so hopefully this will keep me motivated. Have lost 32pounds to date still counting, this has taken me since May last year so it's been a slow process but getting there. Looking forward to it.

TLK
February 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Measure

:jumpin: Great Work Imagine. Like I said before, the best way to track your progress in the beginning and the most rewarding is measuring. You see results quicker than the scale because the muscle your building exercising wieghs more than the fat your losing, so way to go. By the way, most of us do our weigh ins on Mondays and Tuesdays thats why no ones around. TLK

Accountable for Me
February 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Gosh I really wish I had some of your energy people. I feel so lazy! :upset: All of this running and going to the gym stuff makes me tired just reading it! Good job you guys!!

sammys
February 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Been eating like a pig, still weigh the same and its been so %$#% cold did not get any walking done, but I am gonna get back on track.

Sammys

TLK
February 13th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Holding

It's really cold here too and it's been snowing for two weeks straight. The roads are really bad so I have'nt been to any of my classes either. I'm still at 155 and holding. I could exercise at home but I feel like crap. I think it's the topa. Ever since I went up to the 150 zone I've had bad stomach and headaches. Anyone else experience this. If this is what it feels like, I might just give up the topa, it's not worth it.

betty boop
February 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Tea ..... Well Done xx

Rachele ... I'm still here ... well at least for the next 6 days before I get on that flight to Florida :whee:

TLK .... I've never tried topa but does it help with your drinking?

Love & Hugs :h :l :h

changing
February 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
yes I am up for this too....I need to lose 10 pounds at least!......:happyheart: :happyheart:

TLK
February 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure Betty

I'm not sure if the Tpa is helping or not. I've decided, along with my husband, that I would not do any drinking at home. So far so good since Jan 1st. WE've gone out for dinner a few times and I've had either a couple of beers or some wine and that's it. I've had some cravings on the weekends, my biggest drinking days, but have been able to keep busy and push through it. So I may go off the topa if that's what's making me feel like crap.

wwbarb
February 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Yesterday was day 30 - down a total of 9.8.

betty boop
February 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
WOW wwbarb ..... :goodjob: Well done ...

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, I'm in.

As some of you know, I have been recovering from a bad bout of asthma that I developed due to a broken wall in my apartment in November and then again early this month. I have also been having a lot of guests and dinner parties and it looks like that will be continuing. Dinner party leftovers are delightful and fattening late night treats. I think that I'm more addicted to yummy food than I am to booze.

Bottom line: not very good. I have gained a HUGE amount of weight. I don't weigh myself often but when I stepped on the scale this morning after noticing that my face had looked puffy for a few days, it read 138.3. I am only 5'5" and I have a tiny bone structure. A sweet friend once asked me if something was causing me to quickly gain weight. She felt that I was looking poorly and she had become concerned that I was ill. I told her that I'd just been writing a lot and I hadn't been exercising. When I got home, I weighed myself: 117 pounds. I know that I cannot carry more than about 112 or maybe 115 pounds if I'm REALLY toned without having rolls of fat. In this case, I lost the weight from taking care of my sick husband. He's healthy now and there's no way that I'm going to get an average bone structure so I've got a lot of work to do.

I don't even know how to get started losing this much weight except that I've got to become less distracted and start remembering to weigjh myself. I am a vegetarian and I eat healthily. I am not a heavy drinker although at a party lasting six or seven hours where food is served, I am capable of drinking a bottle of wine and maybe even a glass or two of champagne.

Help!

Eustacia

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Fan!

How are you?

Know anyone who does liposuction?

:heart: E

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hey, Fan--

Maybe the case could once have been made that I was "lovely." Not at this weight! Regarding your "personal treatments," I'm sure that years have not interfered with your "touch!":cool:

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Ok, Fan, want to be exercise buddies? You've got a deal.

I have no idea how much energy you'll expend shooting 40 full court layups (nobody ever wanted me on a basketball team because I'm too short) but I will commit to five hours of Pilates by Sunday evening.

I should tell you that I have a special motivation. On April 18th I have a surgery date with an orthopaedist who is going to remove a sensory nerve from one of my feet. It's from landing on my metatarsals following the flying leaps that I put myself through in dance. I have dozens of pairs of stilettos that I can no longer wear because I've somehow aggravated the injured nerve. I once needed this surgery on another nerve and my doctor insisted that I not even walk unnecessarily while I recovered for 12 weeks. If I don't get rid of this weight now, I'll be a baby elephant by summer!

I'll be checking up on you, Fan. Everytime you don't go shoot some hoops remember that you'll have to face an inquisition by E!:cool:

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM
P.S. to M

How much water should one drink? I'm not very familiar with this weight loss stuff.

dilayne
February 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Gosh Eustacia...I'm 5'6" and was feeling pretty darn good at 140lbs! I'm depressed and FAT now!
:0(

betty boop
February 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Hi E

2 litres of water a day is good ....

eustacia
February 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yep, Fan, I edited. Having broken a few metatarsals in my time, I should at least spell the word correctly. My last metatarsal break (the fifth one of my right foot--are we twins?:confused: ) I owe not to dance but to drink. I decided that the elevator in my building moved too slowly so I ran down the freshly polished stairs--in high-heel sandals. Or tried, anyway.

DiLayne--You are at a good weight. I have tiny, tiny bird bones and a narrow frame. Not the right body to be carrying even five pounds extra weight.

BB--Thanks for the liquid advisory. Do you think it would be ok to drink sparkling water and to lace it with a little . . . wine?:cool:

Good luck everyone. I'm committing myself to one hour of Pilates before I go to sleep.

tea
February 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Weigh in

Oops forgot to post on Tuesday. Half a measly pound this week but at least it's OFF. Very inspiring WW talk from leader so hoping for a good loss this week.

Lorna

Deniselb
February 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Dilayne
Try 5'5 and 140 pounds...do you feel better now? I'm starting to crave sweets now that I'm not drinking better start doing something....I'M IN!

Goals: lose 8 pounds, no wine during the week and only a couple (if any) glasses on the weekend.

tea
February 21st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Slow but steady..

Hi all, one pound off this week. How are you all doing?

Lorna

Accountable for Me
February 21st, 2007, 09:33 AM
OK, you know you are obsessed with the site when you are in the shower and thinking about the "Weigh In."

I just weighed myself and I have lost 3.5 pounds in a week. Probably due to the depression I had, but hey, it is 3.5 pounds! Whoot Whoot!

Bookish
February 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
I missed last weeks weigh-in. This week I am 146. Only 1 pound down, but I'm lifting weights again and I did 2 - 4 mile walks this weekend. Off to a good start.

As to body structure. At 5' 5", when I finally get to 135lbs I will be quite slim.

Think hearty peasant woman or busty serving wench. :H

Laura

eustacia
February 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Hi, everyone--

Just a quick post. I finally remembered to step on the scale this week and I'm down 5 1/2 pounds. I've not been starving myself or anything. I'm sure most of the change in my weight is due to the fortunate abeyance of the horrid PMS symptoms of last week. Lucky those of you (guys) who don't have to put up with hormonal fluctuations that give one a Buddha belly! Pretty much met the Pilates goal, too. Fan, how did you do with those hoops?

Congrats to Teap, Accountable for Me, Laura and everyone else.

E

wwbarb
February 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Great job Teap, Accountable for Me, Laura and E! Five 1/2 in one week - results not typical!!

I'm down 1.4 this week for a total of 11.2 in five weeks. Funny what happens when you quit drinking.

Barb

bear73
February 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
finally finally i lost 2 pounds

Accountable for Me
February 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah - The weekly weigh in. I have dropped another 3.4 pounds this week. I cracked open my pre-pregnancy clothes - they are pretty big. I guess with all the money I have saved with not drinking or smoking, I can afford to buy some new stuff! And I need to get back on the single circuit soon too - so therefore, I am going to by nice (but appropriate) sexy clothes and not mommy clothes - whoo hoo!

stoatqueen
February 28th, 2007, 04:29 AM
I'm in too, I want to lose 14lb, Have piled on half a stone since stopping smoking 2 weeks ago.

Bookish
February 28th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Down to 145.5 today. The scale hasn't been too kind, but I have been wearing pants this week that I was wearing before Christmas. Yippy Skippy!

I decided to add a tank top to my gym bag today. I am over heating in my big t-shirt at the gym and so what if my arms have a bit of a good bye wiggle. :H

Great job Bear and Accountable, Welcome Stoat.

Laura

sammys
February 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Got the treadmill out of the back corner of the basement, got buried during some remodeling of the money pit of a house. Walked yesterday and today. So much snow ice and cold here have not gained but have not lost anything either.

Sammys

Deniselb
March 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
Have lost 3 pounds since my last post. Not missing those wine calories at all!

sami
March 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
I am having a really hard time getting motivated to start exercising. I'm doing really well with the moderate drinking part. Many nights don't drink at all. My life has changed completely in that regard! yeah! yeah! yeah! Thank you, RJ!!!! But.....can't get motivated to move my bloomin'arse!
Has anyone tried the exercise hyno c.d??? I really respond well to the other c.d. Just wondering before I shelled out the $$.

eustacia
March 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Greetings--

I finally remembered to weigh myself and found that I have lost .9 lb this week. That's ok with me. It took time to gain this weight and it will take time to lose it. I wish that I knew more about dieting. I hope that everyone else is doing well.

Mike, how are you doing with those hoops?

eustacia
March 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
P.S.

Is there an established weigh in day?

E

tea
March 4th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Ho hum,another measly half pound off.

meditation mama
March 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I would like to join this thread! I want to lose 22 pounds. I know that some will melt off in the begining just by not drinking! My WI days are on Friday. I don't like Mondays as I usually feel bloated after the weekend. Hope that is OK...

Mighty Mouse II
March 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Everybody! I would like to join. I have been so busy dealing with my drinking that my weight has gotten totally out of control. A year ago, I caught pneumonia and went to 115 lbs. When I joined MWO in October, I was at 113 lbs. I am now 128! I am 5'2". I have my drinking to the moderation level I want, so it is time to get my weight back under control. I want to go back to 105 lbs.

Since Tuesday is your weighing in day, I'll be back tomorrow with my starting weight.

Thank you for this thread.

MM

Mighty Mouse II
March 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Ok, my official weigh in weight is 127 lbs. So, I plan to lose 22 lbs. This week will be the "landslide" week, meaning that since it is the first week, I can lose as much as possible. Starting next week, I will limit myself to losing 1-2 lbs a week (hopefully 2) until I meet my goal. At my age, it is not wise to lose more than 2 lbs a week because the skin will not contract quick enough in large, rapid weight loss. I have purchased the Perricone Body lotion, which will assist my skin in contracting firmly.

Good luck to all who follow.

MM

eustacia
March 6th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Congrats to Teap! :wd:

Welcome to Monica and Meditation Mama! :jumpin:

I just weighed myself and I'm down two pounds from last week. I'm happy about that!

Mike, where are you?

Mighty Mouse II
March 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Congratulations, Teap & E!!!!! What an inspiration!!!! I'm glad I looked in because you're giving me determination. I am starving and it is two hours to cocktail hour, 1 1/2 hour to snack!!!!! I AM HUNGRY!!!!! CHOMP!!! CHOMP!!!! CHOMP!!!! That was my desk you heard me eating!!!

LOL
Monica

bear73
March 7th, 2007, 06:01 AM
well i put on a pound last week, lost 3 the week before.
no conincidence that last week I drank on 2 nights and as a consequence ate fatty takeaways that I wouldn't have stepped near if I had stayed sober.
I haven't experienced the huge weight loss that i expected by going af for a month that i wanted I lost and put on the same 2 pounds.
admittedly i need to step up my exercise.
I need to do gym sessions 3 times a week but have on the whole only been running 3 times a week (for half hour at a time as I'm a beginner).
Ho ho hum at least it's a plan - trying to eat less than 1500 cals this week and move a lot mroe than recently.
actually love exercising when i get into it but it's just getting there (my gym is only 5 mins away from my house!)
anyway see you next week hopefully a smaller bear..

Bookish
March 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I want to give a big :goodjob:, :wd:, and :happy: to all of us who keep coming back here.

I was to discouraged to post my weight on Wednesday, but that is me being down on me and I don't want to do that, so here goes.

145.5 this week. No loss, but I'm still trying.

Laura

betty boop
March 10th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Hi All,

Unfortunately I gained loads on my recent holiday, and lets face it a fat betty boop is not a good picture!!!!!

Really going for it this week, AF days and very healthy eating all round for me.

stoatqueen
March 10th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I lost 9lbs in 7days, but think my scales are faulty

springrl
March 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I'm new but would love to be in on this thread! have gained 30 lbs in past few years. hoping that cutting way back on alcohol will help. also plan to increase excercise, not a problem as I enjoy it when not hungover.

Quiescent
March 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
.7 pound weight loss.

I suppose it's better than nothing?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wepENmc/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wepENmc/)

springrl
March 14th, 2007, 01:58 PM
"drunk is ugly" love it! that will be my mantra for today!

betty boop
March 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Rachele ..

Any weight loss is good.

Paula xx

eustacia
March 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Just a quick hello because I'm heading out of town for a several day conference where I'll have to deal with fancy catered meals and a lot of parties. Wish me luck! I'm down 1.4 lbs from last week. I hope that I don't gain it all back (and more) while I'm away.

:welcome: Springirl! I think that cutting back on my beloved wine has made a dent in my avoir du poir, especially my tummy fat. Another thing that I think is helping is that I bought a pair of the ugliest shoes in the world. They're called Masai warrior shoes, or something like that, and they have curved soles. The marketing premise seems to be that the Masai are "known" for their beautiful posture that is a result of walking barefoot on unstable terrain. I've only had them about a week but they've toned my hamstrings to an amazing degree and I think that my weight loss is partially due to an increased calorie expediture because I have to try (a little) not to topple over when wearing them. If you're addicted to Jimmy Choos you'll be horrified by the sight of them. One place to get them is Shoes at Zappos.com - The Web's Most Popular Shoe Store! Our shoe store features dress shoes, casual shoes, and athletic shoes for men and women! (http://www.zappos.com). Also, they are so comfortable that they make me want to go on walks.

Good going Rachele and, hey, Stoatqueen, I'm sure that your scale can't be that off. So congrats to you, too.

P.S. I'm back for an edit because I just saw the ad blurb that followed the web address I provided. I did NOT write that! Friggin' computer is possessed.:nutso:

P.P.S. Mike, let me know when you're ready to be my exercise buddy. Hope you're doing ok despite the bumps in the road.:l

Mighty Mouse II
March 21st, 2007, 08:20 AM
Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks -- insane stuff going on! It feels good to be back!!!!

I've only lost two lbs in the last couple of weeks. And it has been difficult because my life is stressfully trashed right now. Hope it will get better soon! I am now at 125 lbs. Hope to be at 120 by end of March! Who knows.

E - the shoes sound hysterical!! Glad they're working for you!

Love to all,
MM

springrl
March 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
on my way to the gym. have not lost weght yet although cutting back on wine. it has only been a week though. but feeling much better!

March 21st, 2007, 01:13 PM
I want to join...

Determinator
March 22nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
me too! ok, just got weighed at the doctor's Wednesday and I'm.....oh dear....
211 pounds! good grief!, time to lose a few. Mind you I'm a guy and naturally stocky but that's just too big for me. I've actually lost about 12 lbs in the last couple months..not sure why. not drinking all those empty calories will definately be helping. Good work everyone!

julie001
March 23rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
I'm in too. I want to lose about 20lbs. I currently weigh 139 pounds. I've gained almost 20 pounds in the past three years. Yuk! Since I'm in a positive state of mind these days, it would be great time to start.

My goals:
1. Limit fastfood to once a week.
2. Limit soda to one a day.
3. AF 6 days of out 7 (at least)

Julie

betty boop
March 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Hi All,

Sorry i've neglected you guys lately,

I'm back now though so good luck.

Keep us posted xx

bgg
March 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM
i would love to join up as well as I need to lose weight for holiday

betty boop
March 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome bgg xx

bgg
March 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
betty boop;111637 wrote: Welcome bgg xx
Is it a tuesday you guys have a weigh in ?

betty boop
March 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Some do mondays, some do tuesday, whatever suits you.

You choose your own day, just post your weekly loss or gain xx

Noella
March 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Is it too late to join in? I've got a whopping 45 pounds to lose (gotta love the calories in alcohol :durn:) and accountability would be useful!

:)

Noella

lifegotbetteruk
March 28th, 2007, 07:51 AM
yes please

:thanks: Yes count me in, l am desperately trying to loss at least a stone. I am 75.5kgs today so weight in next Tuesday. what time etc, do we go on the chat or just post?
Thanks.x:thumbsup

Lotus
March 28th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Hi all

After my previous (pathetic) attempt to lose weight I actually gained 3lbs. (THE SCALES ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!! - she says after a cheese sandwich).

I officially declare my weight as 11st and 10lbs and for my height - 5ft and 3inches I am overweight. I started to "diet" on Monday, but not doing so well. I have got my cousin wedding in July, so I am hoping to lose some weight before that. I was 8st 7lbs when I got married but I looked ill, so ideally I would like to be around 9 stone.

Will be posting my loss or gain next week on Monday. Good luck to you all.

Mandy x

betty boop
March 28th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Hi All,

Went to my local slimming world class night and i've lost two pounds!!!!

Only another 29 to go!!!

springrl
March 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
lost 3 lbs since last wed. have been cutting down wine. however figured out even cutting in half was outragous amount of calories for week. will try to do more AF. I know the wine is the reason for 30 lb wgt gain in past 5 years. will attempt long bike ride today and wgts:sigh:

betty boop
March 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Nice to meet you springrl

Well done xx

journey04
March 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Please count me in!! I am a runner (3-4 miles most days) and that is the only reason why I've "only" gained 10 pounds in almost 4 years of too much drinking. I am almost 20 pounds over my weight before kids. Don't need to drop it all, but 10 would be nice.

Oh, and I have a Dr. appt. on Wednesday the 4th - where they weigh you. Ugh. Will definitely try to stay AF before then to maybe convince a few extra pounds to ease off my middle.

Journey

bestlifeldms
March 30th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Count me in

Sounds Good! I'm In. Every Tuesday, In the buff! No cheatin!

:moon:

Best

betty boop
March 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
LOL best xx

Noella
April 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
ok - no alcohol, LOTS of exercise, and minimal junk food (well, sort of minimal anyway) and I GAINED 3 pounds. WHAT THE H*LL?!? I'm going to assume I've layered on lots of muscle (which weighs more than fat) and the scale will drop considerably next week.

At least my clothes feel like they fit better...

:bang:

-Noella

p.s., maybe I just need a new scale? :H

betty boop
April 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
Noella,

Go with how you feel, you must feel slimmer if your clothes fit better!!!

After all, Its your clothes that people see, not the scales,

Love & Hugs, xx

Noella
April 2nd, 2007, 11:29 AM
:) :) I wish that applied to bathing suit season! :)

(thanks for the encouragement though!)

-N

bestlifeldms
April 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
:pinkele: I wanted to loose 17. I dropped 2 lbs. from last tues. 13 to go. UGGGGH! Did someone say bathing suit! :wow: 130 last week, 5' 4" 128# this AM - Goal - 115#

bestlifeldms
April 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
:pinkele: I wanted to loose 15. I dropped 2 lbs. from last tues. 13 to go. UGGGGH!

Did someone say bathing suit! :wow:

130 last week, 5' 4" 128# this AM - Goal - 115#

springrl
April 4th, 2007, 11:18 AM
sme wgt as last week. blew it mon drank too much, sure that is why i did not lose this week. will pick myself up and keep going...

nancy
April 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
i want to lose 12 pounds

Quiescent
April 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I totally agree with Betty about people not seeing the scales.
I've been working out with weights and power walking. Recently I started running during part of my walks. Do you know I haven't lost a single pound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I suppose I should be happy that I haven't gained any:teeter:

But my clothes do fit a little nicer and I have had a couple of nice people tell me I'm looking thinner.

Good Luck Everyone!

Newyear
April 6th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I weighed 131 this morning. I have not been dieting but have been working out since the end of October. I have now lost 12 pounds. However, as I am writing this I'm eating a marshmallow chocolate covered bunny.....

Lisa

wwbarb
April 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I refuse to post a number on the grounds that it might incriminate me. I finally faced the scale, and I refuse to write down or say the number out loud.

As I looked at the number, I felt like crying; then I got mad; then I got real. If I want that number to go down, all I have to do is what I know what works. There is no way I gained that much weight in one week. Right now, it's "loose lard"; I have to get to get back to basics before it becomes "firm fat".

That being said, I just got back from the gym and had a wonderful cardio workout. Today is going to be a very productive day.

Thanks, Lisa, for kicking me in the butt the other day.

Newyear
April 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Ahh...and now you got me going Barb...
I was kind of feeling down today but I think I'm going to go to the gym early tomorrow and work it out on the weights and the eliptical!
Even if I'm still down....I will be sad with tighter arms and thighs :)

But I usually feel better...

Lisa

wwbarb
April 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM
My hubby says that I never regret it when I go to the gym. I always regret it when I don't. Never have I said, "sh*t, I wish I would have stayed home"!

tea
April 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hi all, have fallen by the way side with posting on this thread. Am a member of Weight Watchers and have fallen by the way side there too --- at least I am not drinking, the way side far too scary just now ... Anyway, back I go this week and magically I have stayed the same, wow, chuffed to bits. I always stay to the meetings as I get inspiration out of them, I have lost 34lb so far (sorry don't know how to convert to kilos) I am 5ft 2, therefore according to our BMI guidelines (body mass index) I walked into my first meeting clinically obese (yikes) thought I was mildly cuddly - ho hum fat bum! Anyway, thought that as I go to my meetings on a Wednesday, I could post on a Thursday or Wed night the topic of conversation from my leader and any inspirational words of the week. Interested ?? I'll do it anyway as it might help me as well.

Lorna xx

julie001
April 7th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Two weeks ago I was weighed at the doctor's office and I weighed 142lbs. The last time I weighed that much was just after having a baby (almost nine years ago). I was so depressed! Then yesterday I got on the scale and I weighed 136! I was elated. I didn't get back on the scale because I didn't want to find out that the scale had some how malfunctioned or that those numbers were just a figment of my imagination. Needless to say, I walked around all day feeling lighter, physically and mentally. Today I stepped on the scale again--holding my breath...still 136. Yeah! So I figure the weight loss is due to less alcohol, and I have been eating much smaller meals in the evening. I'm just hoping the trend continues for another 10-15lbs. Good luck everyone!

Julie

Trevor
April 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM
When I was aged 30 I was 5 foot 9 and 14 stones but mainly muscle. I weight trained a lot. Now a few years of heavy drinking and I'm aged 38 and weight in at 16 stones 7 lbs (241 lbs) ......... I need to lose weight quickly.

First Target is get back to 16 stones asap

Java
April 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I have lost 16 lbs since January 13th, current wieght 160....height 5'9" I run a lot...and I try to eat healthy, I wouldnt say that I diet though, I do not deny myself anything(except alcohol)...I think denying yourself a food makes you want it more. I try to keep my portions small, and pay attention to when I am full and stop when I am full.

My diet and exercise regimen is not a whole lot different from before when I was drinking, so I would have to say that it is mainly due to quiting the booze...however...I did tend to eat more bad stuff when I was drinking, so cutting that out of my diet probably helped too.

Victoria

bestlifeldms
April 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Mornin! 127 this AM! have lost 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. 12 to go. My goal is 115 at 5'4" tall. Still have strange feelings about the bathing suit thing. :sofa:

Happy day!
Best

AAthlete
April 10th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Checked in this morning at 6'3 and 192 lbs - down 15 lbs from a month ago and feeling great.

Still have another 5 - 10 lbs to go and then I should be where I want to be. Man, this is so much easier when you're not taking in those empty alcohol calories.

I was on a business trip yesterday to wonderful Omaha, Nebraska (I can kid because I used to live there) and was reading 'The Cyclist's Training Bible' by Joe Friel on the plane. In it, he says that an elite cyclist should have no more than 2 lbs on body weight per inch of height. That means that if I were an elite cyclist (and believe me - I harbor no such thoughts) I shouldn't weigh more than 150 lbs at my height. No frickin' way that's happening!!

Happy Tuesday to all!

betty boop
April 10th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hi all,

WOW you are all doing sooo well, there are so many different ideas about at the moment, Would you believe that in the daily mail in the UK today there is an article about dieting being bad for you!!!! Apparently it causes stress!!!

Well done everyone, keep up the good work xx

Mary Anne
April 10th, 2007, 07:20 PM

I am @130lbs, 5'5", and flabby!! Working on building muscle now that the booze isn't (hopefully damage is not permanent!:confused: ) ruining them! I will most likely gain some weight (shich will make me crazy probably!)

This is a cool thread, i have enjoyed reading everyone's posts.......will make this a regular check-in place if you all don't mind!!

MA:h

springrl
April 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
down 1 more pound for total of 4. 23lbs more to go! :)

bestlifeldms
April 17th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Am I the first to post this tues. April 17th? 126# this morning in the buff. :moon: Whooo Haaaa! one more lb. 4 total so far. 5'4" --- goal is 115. I have 11 lbs. to go. :bigcry:

I'm hungry! :argh: and grouchy! I need FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! Something that isn't green and crunchey! :upset:

Best

betty boop
April 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Best, well done on that 1bl loss, excellent ......

More, Welcome, & well done on your AF day!!!!

Quiescent
April 22nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
I keep loosing and gaining the same two pounds (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

This morning 5'7 165lbs I'm fitting pretty well in my size 10 but still need to loose 15 pounds or fit much better in that size!

The 1/2 marathon I am walking/running with a friend is next Saturday!

Wish me luck....

betty boop
April 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Q, I know exactly what you mean about the same 2 lb!! I've actualy lost 23 stone in the last 20 years ......... but gained them the week after :upset:

bestlifeldms
April 25th, 2007, 09:23 AM
April 25th :oops!: I forgot yesterday morning! Checked this AM - stayed the same! I am getting ready to travel for business for 2 weeks. I will only be home for a day and a half. This equals being able to eat anything I want - from the menu!!! It would also be a great opportunity to stick to my diet, because I won't have to cook for anyone! I can do this!!! :pinkele:

I will not be able to weigh in until I am back on the week end of May 5th. Will keep you posted!!!

:h

Best

satori
April 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
AAthlete;120106 wrote: an elite cyclist should have no more than 2 lbs on body weight per inch of height.
Eh?

I am 5 feet 11 and weigh just under 160lbs - you are telling me I would need to lose another 18 lbs! (142lbs) :wow:
Don't think I want to go down the elite cyclist route then!!!

I am already pretty lean - what percentage body fat are they aiming for???

Even at my marathon running weight (10 % body fat) I was still around 147lbs

Mind you - it would depend on muscle distribution - wouldn't it - I have a fair bit of upper body strength from swimming and climbing (and just working out at the gym) - I guess that elite cyclists would probably not need all that much muscle up top.

Satori

April 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
im in too..want to loose about 4 lbs or more in 3 weeks for my daughters holy communion, I also want to be af in the same time period..heres hoping!

Kitty
April 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi Betty,

I'm in. I want to lose 14 pounds.

Good luck everyone.

Kitty

Quiescent
May 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Down to 162 this morning......I'm praying that I keep this off!

That is offically 7 pounds down from my first weigh in three months ago on this thread:happy: :yay: :yougo: :bonkers:

Niblet
May 6th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I'm In Too !

:new: This is a really great set of posts... I've been 20 days AF so far and I know that my soft body was from alcohol because I'm so health consious and excercise regularly... I'm 5 foot 1 and weigh 117.5 lbs. I was 120 lbs before I stopped drinking. I have always felt my best at around 113 lbs, so that's what my aim is for... I'm gonna be 43 next month and have found that my metabolism has changed. For Christmas we bought a Bowflex home gym which is toning my legs and arms... I love my eliptical as well as my excercise bike. My husband ran a cable up to my excercise room so I can have satellite TV to keep my mind of what I'm really doing. I do have to bring the remote controls upstairs also otherwise our teenage boys will switch the channel on me... Ha!! HA!!! Scooping manure after my horse Cody and 2 miniature goats, Kiwi and Niblet help to burn calories too.
I would like to forward a tip and please if someone has a tip to share, please do.... " Have your last healthy snack atleast 2 hours before bedtime... Your body shouldn't have to be working to digest food,,, it should be resting and repairing itself for the next active day"... Have a great day all.. Great to be here !! ~Niblet~ :):)

Quiescent
May 13th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Niblet,

I've found that beginning a running program has worked for me. I had to start really slow because I was having a problem with shin pain. But now that I have my body accustomed to it the pounds are just falling off.

You don't have much to loose so if you can, I would get out there and go for a run!

Best,
R-

Niblet
May 13th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hello there, will you be weighing in still tomorrow Tuesday ? I'm hoping so cause I will be... Now that my body doesn't have to process all those empty calories, I'm hoping to get back to where I was a long time ago.. Take care Shimmering Senior Member ! Thanks for the running tip... I find though that jogging is too hard on my joints so I opt more for biking , walking, and lately,,, gardening.. Take Good Care :thanks:
~Niblet~ :) :)

Quiescent
May 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Yes, I will be weighing in tomorrow(Tuesday).......see you here:)

sammys
May 14th, 2007, 01:04 PM
OK down to 138 from 143 according to my Drs. office scale.

Thanks everyone for all your posts and keeping this thread going!!

Sammys

Niblet
May 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
That's awesome Sammys !!! Lift up a 5 lb bag of flour and now imagine carrying it around with you all through the day.. Then, set it down after a long day. That's what you lost ! Keep up the good work !

Niblet
May 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Well first thing this morning after a pee of course, combed my hair to make sure there wasn't any heavy tangles, took off those lead slippers, brushed that weight bearing plaque off my teeth, rinsed out my mouth and spit and spit and spit all that heavy rinse water down the drain... Took a deep DEEP breath, thought " helium balloon thoughts":H and stepped ever so delicately onto the scale and I weigh today 117.2 lbs. down from 120 lbs. I'm just shy of 5 foot 2 inches... Got about 4 or so more lbs to go... Maybe I'll try going BALD !! :H Teee!!!! Heee!!! "Have a wonderful day all "
~Niblet~ :):)

Quiescent
May 15th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Congrats Niblet and Sammys!!:yougo: :yougo:

I'm down to 161......from 162 on 5/3

Hey as long as I keep going in that direction I'm good!

:jumpin: :banana:

Niblet
May 15th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I somehow lost my post for you Quiescent.. Good for you !!! You have kept all the weight off. That is really great that you are losing slowly.. Your body won't go into starvation mode on you that way.... I discovered a really satisfying sweet snack for the kid in all of us.. I bought some chocolate flavoured protein powder and didn't do backflips when drinking it with water.. Yucky really, so I take 1 scoop of protein powder, 5 + tablespoons of skim milk powder, about 1.5 tablespoons of fat free chocolate syrup ( nesquick?) 6 icecubes, maybe a half cup cold water... blend until smooth... Chocolate shake ! I have even put a bit of cold coffee instead of the water for a ice mocha... (I even took this and poured into a popsicle tray to make my own protein freezies) This is a fairly fat free high protein snack that helps those of us with a chocolate type sweet tooth... Hope you get a chance to try it.. I'm hooked on them and of course my fave.... diet orange crush. Take Care, Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):)

julie001
May 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
On a good day, I am 140lbs, and I'm 5'5''. I want to lose 15 pounds BADLY. Starting tommorrow RIGHT when I get home from work (before all the busy work of life after work starts), I am jumping on that treadmill for just five minutes. I know five minutes is next to nothing, but I'm taking very tiny baby steps having been off the exercise for a few years. Five minutes everyday for a week. Then I will up it to ten and so on...My counselor and I were talking about lack of energy, and she says that when you are going through stress (and too much alcohol consumption) your brain is depleted of what you need to feel happy. Exercise, even in little bits, can refuel you brain. I'm all for that. So I will be breaking a sweat for all of five minutes tomorrow. Sure hope it helps with the mood because maybe then I can work in some cardio to try to melt off those extra fifteen pounds. Good luck everyone!

Julie

bluesky
May 17th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Hi there all

There are so many exciting topics on MWO and I've just discovered this one, I've no time at the moment to read the 184 posts but would love to join you if I may? I started my diet (yet again) when I started AF (yet again) one day at a time 11 days ago but the kilos are not rolling off as quickly as I had hoped. If the response is positive, please may you let me know what the procedure is.

Many thanks.

BS X

eustacia
May 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi all and welcome Bluesky!

It's wonderful to read the news of all of the successes!

I know I haven't posted for quite some time but I haven't been able to work my weight loss/exercise program the way I would have liked. I'm four weeks post surgery and I have six more weeks of restriction of movement to go. I decided not to stress about weight loss or gain (although one of my doctor's did get on my case about it the other day) until I was again able to exercise but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that I had gained about six or seven pounds since I last weighed in here when I weighed about 128. I got really careful about what I ate and I'm now at 127.6. That means I still have to lose about 15 pounds to be a good weight for me.

I so miss exercising! Is anyone else trying to lose weight without exercising? Suggestions?

Niblet
May 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Hello Bluesky and Eustacia: I'd like to jump in if I may,
This is only my opinion now, but if you fuel your body well ( get in all you food groups) and cut down on fat grams, you will be on the right track to losing weight healthily steadily and for good... As we get older, we lose a bit of muscle if it isn't excercised. These muscles are what helps us to burn the calories instead of store them... You will always have the same fat cells, however you can shrink them. If you are physically able to walk a bit, make small changes in your life... You will soon make it a way of life. Small steps are a great beginning and it can only lead to nicer experiences in fitness... Just don't go all "gung-ho", lay yourself up for a few weeks. I do tend to babble eh? I think if you are on just a calorie restricted diet, your body will actually adapt itself by storing calories... Then, if you "treat" yourself, guess which fat cells get plumped back up.. Yep, us girls know. Try to have your last healthy snack 2 hours before bed, eat breakfast and try to make your last meal smaller than your midday meal...Drink atleast 7 glasses of good old plain water. A person that moves .....makes those fat cells shrink..... ONWARD !! I love helpful hints too if anybody has any... Thank-You in advance, ~Niblet~ :):) Oh yeah, extremely lowfat microwave popcorn (check the nutrition per serving) during movie night is much better than chips.... Will we weigh in on Tuedays then ? Works for me.

Trevor
May 17th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Lost four pounds over the last few weeks ..... had quite a few AF days .......
16st 3 pounds now - wanna lose over a stone on the next month :)

bluesky
May 18th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for welcoming me

Trevor, well done and keep it up. Eustacia thanks for the welcome and good luck on your recovery. Niblet Thanks as usual for all your sound advice, you are a store of information, it was really helpful. I started my diet 12 days ago when I went AF. I started off at 73.2 kgs (approx 160 lbs.) - horrific. Since then I have eaten very carefully, have swum 1/2 hr each day in the last week and most importantly been AF. I went down to 71.4 which was OK, yesterday my supps arrived from the States, I felt I was swallowing tables all day and felt bloated by the end of the day. I weighed in this am and I was back up to 72 so basically 2.2 lbs in 12 days - now that is not normal is it. Was it the sups? I'm drinking loads of water and being sooooo goood, help what's wrong? Please and thanks. PS - Is it Monday or Tuesday for the weigh-in?

Thanks to all

BS XX

betty boop
May 18th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Anyone want to help me with an experiment????

Stand on the scales and breath in helium to see if we get lighter .............

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_10.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZS&utm_id=7920)

Niblet
May 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys !!! I was away until yesterday afternoon camping, then home unpacking, laundry, barn chores etc,,,, This morning I had to be into work at 7 am so I didn't do my weighin... I'll be a day behind this week but will weigh in from now on, on Tuesdays if that's OK with ya'll... Welcome Trevor, we're really glad to have you along.... Please convert a stone for me.. I'm not even really good at kg either Tee Hee !! I know that a 25 kg bag of horse feed bag will indeed give me a pretty sore back though Ha !! Ha !!
And Miss Bluesky !!! I'm so glad to hear of your 2.2 lb weight loss in 12 days !!! That's perfect !!! You really have to know that so much of that fat is slowly leaving and in it's place is some beautiful toned, calorie burning muscle !!!! I would suggest that you use a tape measure on your chest, waist, thighs and hips.. Record the measurements and you will gradually see the beautiful difference that way... Don't get too hung up on the scales hon, it can ruin an otherwise wonderful day if you don't completely understand how a body goes from a fat-storing body to a fat-burning(more muscles) body... Muscle also weighs more than fat... It's not always JUST the numbers... Keep up what you are doing cause you are doing exactly I mean EXACTLY the right thing for yourself... And always remember ... Have fun too OK ? :):) I'm rootin' for you... Weighin is Tuesdays I think.
Yours, ~ Niblet ~ :) P.S. I get as bloated as a full tick after salty, hotair popped popcorn.. Not hardly any calories, but I'm supper sensitive to sodium... Even too much V8 will get to me... Give your body some time for all these wonderful changes and don't worry too much... You are doing everything properly as far as I can say... AA Athlete may have some more suggestions for you about the bloatedness if you PM him... He is an extremely smart person indeed !!! Thanks for listening.

Niblet
May 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Betty Boop, I'll have to try them there helium balloons.. If I don't end up lighter, it'll be funny just the same.... Tee!! Hee!!! I like your way of thinkin' !!!

Kitty
May 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to join you all. I thought the abscence of the buckets of cider i used to drink would help me drop a few pounds, but the chocolate and cream cakes I was eating to help with the sugar cravings have taken there tole.

I finally have calmed down a bit now in the munching and have lost 5 pounds, so I'm now 135 with a goal of 126, I'm 5 foot 2 so I'm getting there!!

Good luck everyone,

Kitty

Niblet
May 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
We welcome you with open arms as well as open minds... Sounds like you are on the right path with the proper mindset to lose some weight the healthy way... Yahoo for you !! Look forward to your posts in the future, ~Niblet

Niblet
May 23rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Today I thought light thoughts,,, Helium Balloons... Nice Light Fluffy Clouds.... Soap bubbles... Small Stones... And I weigh 116.4 lbs.. Almost a lb down... Yahoo.. Surprised really cause I just sat around all weekend not doing much of anything. Talk email you guys soon.. Bye for now, ~Niblet~ :)

Kitty
May 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Well done Niblet,

Dieting can be such a pain sometimes. I've been really trying this week and this morning I'd put on a pound, yet at the weekend I ate like a horse and lost weight!!

I'm going to perservere though and I've had a good day and saved just enough calories for a little nibble of chocolate as a treat!!

Good luck all,

Kitty

eustacia
May 27th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know that this is not weigh in day but I finally got the nerve to step on the scales today and found that I had not gained weight, despite having been told by my doctor to restrict my movement as much as possible after my surgery about six weeks ago. A few days ago I was told that I could walk around a little (in horrid clown shoes). I'm at 126.9 which means through restricting my eating somewhat over the past several weeks, I've held steady. I'll be so happy when all of the restrictions are off my movement!

I wonder if I've messed up my metabolism. I certainly haven't starved myself, but I've been uncommonly careful about what I've eaten--not a familiar way for me. I now have permission to walk in short increments on a soft surface such as a treadmill. Does anyone know how much a person who had been restricting food intake would have to walk daily to jump start a stalled metabolism?

Kudos to everyone on their successes!

Niblet
May 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
That's awesome new Eustacia !! That's so impressive that you didn't pack any unwanted pounds during this idle time for you... In my opinion, first and formost you should follow your Dr orders as to what you should physically be doing... Having said that, you can be breaking your meals and snacks into smaller portions, but eating more often.. Think of your metabolism as a furnace. Keep some wood in it on a very steady schedule and you will keep your home warm.(Burn more calories) As you are able to do more and more keep in mind that you will be slowing building more muscle. Muscle does weigh more, but that is what you need to keep your metabolism working efficciantly (sp?) You have likely lost a fair amount of muscle tone which is to be expected but it will come back as you are able to do more.. With your Dr.s Okee Dokee. Continue to drink plenty of good old water and keep up the good work... :>)
So I guess the key thing would be to eat lots of small, low fat snacks while still staying within your calorie intake... Never go below 1000 calories in my opinion, that will start your body thinkin' it's gonna starve and then it will try to hord calories for this "famine". Good Luck and please keep me posted !! You are really doing great though !! :):) Niblet

eustacia
May 28th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks, Niblet for the advice! I haven't been counting calories but I'll be careful not to eat less the 1000 calories a day. It's really good to move able to more around (at least a little!) again.

Niblet
May 29th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Good Morning all !!
This morning I weighed 116.8 lbs.
I must say though that with gardening and stuff I've cut out my workouts lately and it shows with my weight holding steady... Oh well, I feel great just the same and will slowly fit it in... Thanks for reading ! ~Niblet~ :):) and hugs.

Lunapro
June 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Hi all! I hadn't posted in this thread yet, as I felt too woefully fat and awful to even contemplate it. I feel like my years of drinking and depression have put me in this fat suit that just isn't even me at all - like Gwnyeth Paltrow in Shallow Hal.

Then, after two weeks of reduced drinking, exercising and watching what I eat, I've lost an amazing 12.5 pounds. I'm ready to hop aboard now!

zincityzen
June 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Good morning Luna, BB and all the others ... I haven't read the previous posts ..long thread! Anyway, I'd like to lose about 8 lbs. and lose it slowly. I've dropped 4 lbs. since starting MWO, but it's also been busy at work and I have a VERY physical job. It hasn't gotten to the full summer heat and it sure helps to be a little thinner - I've lost about 18 lbs since moving here 5 years ago. I tell myself that those extra pounds were like wearing longjohns, so losing those last 8 will help keep me cool once it reaches 110+!!

wwbarb
June 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
I am going on an Alaskan Cruise in the end of July courtesy of my boss (last year's bonus) and would like to lose 10 pounds before I go. This Tuesday I am going to a very expensive, food-filled, free business dinner. Then, I am getting started. That gives me all of June and all of July - no reason why I can't do it.

This is more than I need to lose - I lost 45 pounds 11 years ago and would like to lose five more so that I can say I lost 50 and then another five for the cruise.

Time to get serious again.

julie001
June 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

I joined this thread many weeks ago, then as usual, didn't follow through. Well, I talked with one of my bestfriends last night (who lives out of state), and she's lost 12 pounds. Only five more to go until she weighs the same she did 20 years ago. Now I have motivation! We are getting together at her place in August for a girls' weekend, and there is absolutely no way I want to be the frumpy-dumpy one, while she's all slim and gorgeous. She going to email me a bunch of weight watchers stuff she used, I am going to get down to business. I have another week and a half until my summer break starts. I'll have nine weeks at home. Can't wait. My daughter (she'll be nine) and I have made a committment to go for a walk together everyday was break starts. There's a bike trail nearby that I have never ventured out on. Lots of walkers use it, so we will be headed there every morning. It feels so good to have the energy to think about healthy stuff. When I was drinking way too much, all I wanted to do was sleep late and spend my weekends watching TV. I'm making my start date the first day of my summer break. In the meantime, I have to encourage the family to eat up all the junk food so temptation will not be easily accessible. Good luck everyone!

Julie

Niblet
June 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hello All !! WoW !!! We have some new folks !! Great to have you along Luna, Wow 12.5 lbs you have lost,,, Boy I'll bet you wouldn't want to carry a 12.5 lb bag of flour around all day.. That's what you were doing before.. Good for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicely Done !
Zin, good for you for losing those dang long johns !! Bet you look alot better without them. Great way to think of weight though... Keep up the good work !
wwbarb, I wish I had a boss like yours !!! Wanna trade ? You're gonna reach your goal and hopefully come home from you cruise rested and happy.
Julie, that's great that your friend is going to share some Weigh Watcher stuff with you.. It is such a healthy way to lose weight..
Heeeeer KITTY KITTY KITTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are ya Kitty ?!?? We wanna show ya some love !
Eustacia, I'm missin' you too !!!!
Miss Bue Sky, we're all here going through the same things together Hon.
This morning I weighed 115 lbs. Must be all the gardening? Actually pleasantly surprised myself... Have a wonderful day all, Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):) Lets do this guys !

betty boop
June 6th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Hi All, i've not checked in here for a while .... wow some of you are doing really well .....

For those of you struggling, hang in there ....

Love ya all, BB xx

bluesky
June 6th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi everybody, and thanks Niblet for all your special help, it is very much appreciated. So, weigh in yesterday at 70.6 kilos, lost 2.6 kilos in 30 days (approx. 6 lbs.). Very slow but very sure, one day at a time, just like the wine!:) See you all next week for weigh-in, good luck everybody.

Miss Bluesky:h

eustacia
June 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the kind words, Niblet!:l

Like Bluesky, my extra poundage is coming off s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm down to 125.1 pounds today (not stones, thank goodness). I think that I was at about 138 when I started a few months ago. Only about ten pounds to go! Cutting back on the wine certainly has helped.

Good luck to everyone.

Niblet
June 12th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Good Day all ! this morning I weighed 114.6 lbs... I've always weighed around 108-112 in the summer and aroung 115 in the winter.. That was before alcohol played havoc with my life... NO more ! Everybody is doing great slow but steady is best.. Sometimes we all go up and down, just normal stuff ! That's life for ya ! Have a great week all, have fun and we'll meet back here next Tuesday ! ONWARD !!! got any tips anybody?
~Niblet~ :):)

eustacia
June 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM
I actually lost two pounds this week. I'm down to 123.1. Stress is a wonderful appetite suppressant.

E

Niblet
June 21st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Hi all, my computer crashed a few days ago, but I'm back !! Eustacia 2 lbs !!! Good for you !! That is so good for your confidence in yourself.. You can do this... Enjoy the changes along the way.... I hope and pray that your stress level doesn't interfere with the things in life that make you happy... Sometimes stress can do all sorts of negative things to our bodys without us even knowing it.. It should actually be considered the "silent killer" All cronic illnesses are made worse or even made atall solely by stress... Some stress is good, don't get me wrong, but it is how you deal with it... Sorry for rambling but I care is all... Make yourself a nice cup of tea and relax. You sooo deserve it hon !!
Oh , and on Tuesday I weighed 114.3 lbs.. Feeling better all the time.. Bought a couple pairs of really cute jeans and some summer T's... I'm not a shopper in the least so this for me was HUGE !!! Hugs to all, ~Niblet~ :):) ONWARD !!!

Niblet
June 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hello everybody and here we are on another weighin day.. I've lost almost 2 lbs !!! I weigh 112.4 lbs this morning YAHOO!!! My clothes feel soo much better and I have soo much more energy !! YAHOO!! I've pretty much reached my goal so will maintain basically what I've achieved... Good Luck All ~Niblet~ :):)

June 27th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Despite being AF for 14 outta last 17 days, it`s looking unlikely that I`m gonna lose a bloody ounce................ Grrrrrrrr...............keep eating all the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeties!!! lol

Starlight Impress

888Katie888
June 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I would like to join. I'm back reading here-to be AF. Also to get rid of this spare tire around my belly from the beer, about 25 lbs. and get my energy back. Being in shape feels great. I was in better shape about 8 months ago-I've realized that i've been choosing alcohol more and more to make me feel better-ha-i'm sick of feeling like crap! We need to stick with exercise to feel better. After reading here, i do remember feeling GOOD when exercising more.

Kitty
June 28th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi all,

Can't believe I haven't been on this thread for a couple of weeks. Well I'm on an af run right now. 11 days and counting and 10 days not smoking! In fact I am actually calling myself a non smoker which has been great so far but I have had the munchies something rotten.

Everything's kinda leveling out a bit now and after a week of terrible constipation and stuff I think my liver is finally starting to work a little better and stop being so sluggish.

I weighed myself on monday and I was 143 pounds which is too much for my height of
5' 2" so I've been trying really hard this week and so far dropped 3 pounds. Probably just water but it's a start.

Good luck to all,

Kitty

eustacia
June 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I'm down a few ounces--122.8. And I'm grateful for small mercies!

Congrats to Niblet, welcome Katie, keep going everyone else!

betty boop
July 2nd, 2007, 04:36 AM
I'm back again .....

Got weighed this morning and YIKES!!!!

Going for a 2lb loss for next week ....

Niblet
July 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
Hello everybody, I guess my body is getting used to being 112.4 because that is exactly what I weighed again this week.. Welcome to our weighin group Katie, the more the merrier !!! One step at a time.. One calarie at a time... One glass of dang water at a time !
Kitty you are doing soooo awesome with quitting smoking as well as losing weight !! I'm SO proud of you Girl !! You nonsmoker You ! Nicely Done ! YAHOOO To you !!
Eustacia, a slow weightloss is wonderful... I just love your attitude and we all sure know that, that is more than half the battle.. ONWARD !!!
BettyBoop !! The founder is back !!!! I'm just all smiles to see you here with us. I wish you alot of luck in your 2 lb weightloss this week... Have any thoughts you'd like to share with us on this journey? A favourite guilt-free snack perhaps, a tip?
I discovered a really yummy snack over the weekend.. I just love lemon pie !!! Well I made the filling as per package except I omitted one of the egg yolks as well as the butter. I poured it into a dish to cool. Next find your favourite crunchy cereal flake(golden grahams) or graham crackers. Spoon the lemon onto the cereal or cracker and it is alot like having a guilt free lemon pie. Great for when you have a "sweet tooth"
Good luck this week everybody!!! Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):)

Kitty
July 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks Niblet,

Well I've lost 2 pounds so it's a little start. Being very very good this week, because my folks are coming to visit and on Saturday we are going to one of those "all you can eat" Chinese buffets. Been before and it's really good, they do Sushi too so I know it'll be a blow out lol.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Kitty

amisssue
July 4th, 2007, 05:46 PM
weight loss

Hi count me in, I ,m joining at 11st 1Ib will give my weight loss next week hopefully Sue x:new: :h

sujul
July 7th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Okay--I need to join in here...when's the next weigh-in? I've lost almost 30 lbs since I quit drinking--but I could stand to lose about 30-35 more. I need to start exercising to lose more and get in shape so I'm going to start with a 10 min walk in the mornings, beginning on Monday.

I'll be watching this space for the next official day....

~~~

betty boop
July 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Sujul, we started out by weighing on monday but its up to you ....

Jump aboard ..........

BB xx

eustacia
July 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Congrats Kitty! Welcome Amisssue and sujul! Keep hanging in there everyone else. I'm down a smidgen--122.1.

Eustacia

sujul
July 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Okay...I've got my starting weight for the Monday weigh-ins.....we'll just say it's a ROUND number--VERY ROUND!! :H

And I've got my first excuse for not doing my 10 min walk...it was unbelievably hot and humid--I mean we're talking heatstroke weather...but you know, I COULD have done some stretches in my air-
conditioned apartment....I just didn't even think about it....:cool:

Jeesh...this is going to be much harder for me than staying abs!

Although, now that I think about it, I did walk MORE than 10 mins to a meeting of my bookclub (The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai) in said ghastly heat....

Niblet
July 10th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I'd like to make a suggestion sujul, can you take a walk within your apartment building.. Boring I know, but add in stairs if you have em and you'll have yourself a hotday workout area... You can get in a 10 minute walk,,, later in the day,,, set your alarm before your temp goes up... You can do this ..... Sorry if I'm a prude but I kinda get the feeling that it may just help you out... Wrapping this message up with a hug. I'm up to 113.6 this morning... up 1.2 lbs... I'm looking to lose that 1.2 lb by next week. Have a good week all, Buffets also have healthy choices too... You just have to choose them with a titch of a taster of the empty calories for good measure. Drink plenty of water all... If you are dehydrated, you will actually retain water.. strange but true. Hugs to all, ~Niblet~ :):)

Kitty
July 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
:upset: I'm not even going to go there!!!!

Guys I'm a blimp! Not smoking and drinking is doing wonders for my depression and outlook but I can't stop eating!!!

I'm in the gym first thing and I'm gonna go for the burn. See you all next week and good luck ;)

Kitty

friendly_joe
July 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I'm currently 103, need to get back to 90-95.

sujul
July 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Okay, folks now I'm seriously depressed--I have like 30-35 pounds to get rid of and you're futzing about ounces? Yeah, yeah...I KNOW we have to deal with where we are...but I have SO far to go..... Okay, I'm over the moaning now!

Niblet--good suggestions. And ya know how it is when you come up with good stuff and the person says, "Yeah, BUT...."--well, I'm coming in with the "yeah, but"--building not air-conditioned, only individual apartments if you get your own AC...and this morning it was already over 80 degrees and humid and hazy at, get this, 6AM!!! This is, however, quite unusual so I can hardly use it as an excuse very often....and the using of the stairs in the building is a GREAT idea....thanks!

Actually, I have some perfectly good equipment that I could just dust off....

Thanks, all--I'm hoping to lose by next week...let's be realistic now--well, how about 4 lbs.....5 would be better!! But I do know from painful experience that quick weight loss = quick weight (re)gain!

Niblet
July 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Friendly Joe May I ask how tall are you and what type of body frame are you... Are you being realistic with your numbers? Do you get in all your food groups to be a healthy person? All your dairy, veg, complex carbs, and vital protein? I'm concerned about your numbers Hon... Please do not take offense as I deeply care, Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):)

Noella
July 13th, 2007, 04:38 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I have about 50 pounds to lose!! (granted, that's to get to the low end of the healthy bracket, but what the hell)

Now if only I can stop rewarding myself for not drinking by eating crap food!

~N

Mackeral
July 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
This is an excellent idea...First weigh in is 15 stone dead on..I dont know how much i wanna lose...I just know the beer belly has gotta go...Will weigh in next Monday..

Thanks betty;)

betty boop
July 16th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Your welcome Macks,

I need to lose 2stone myself so i'm starting this with you.

1st weigh in 12st 3lb

Mrs Macks
July 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I have just weighed myself.......... and i am a horrible 13 stone and 1lb......not happy :upset:

I blame my big bones......

Determinatrix
July 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Welcome back!
Glad you are in love.

Noella
July 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I like the "stones" measure instead of pounds - makes me feel better. (yes - it's called denial). I'm at 13 stone 13 pounds!!! Holy H*LL - ok, maybe that's not better...

Goal: 10 stone even

kali
July 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
How much is a stone???

Mackeral
July 17th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I might be wrong but i think theirs 14lb in a 1st..I think :confused:

Noella
July 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Here's where I did my conversions:

English Weights and Volume Measure Conversion - British Imperial - Metric - U.S. (from and to) (http://www.easysurf.cc/cnverbe3.htm#ptosp)

and 14 pounds to a stone would make sense - my goal is 140lbs (140lbs/10 stone = 14)

~N

Butterflybe
July 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM
You're right, there are 14lbs to a stone. Crazy weights system many of us still use in UK, just have not managed to convert to metric. However, you have to (by law) use metric measurements when selling food and drink!
Butterfly

Niblet
July 17th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hello all, yep I've always wondered how much a stone weighed... Thanks for clearing that up for all of us... This morning I weighed 111.8 lbs. So that's just shy of 2 lbs. I did start using my excercise equipment again yesterday... (my excercise room was being renovated and now it's really beautifully decorated with pine walls accented with a wolf border) No excuses for me... This weekend is our annual BBQ so I truely know that my next weighin will reflect that !! Thank Goodness it is only an annual event. Keep up the good work everybody !! Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):)

Mackeral
July 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I just used the conversion chart courtesy of Noella.(TY)..That makes me 210lb...That doest sound to good...I am 6ft tall...Does anyone know what i should weigh?

Kitty
July 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hi Mack,

Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator - NHS Direct (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine/interactive/bmi/index.aspx)

Here is a link to a body bass calculator. Just fill in your stats and it will give you the result and tell you what range your ideal weight should be in.

Kitty

Kitty
July 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Hi all,

I'm 143 and want to lose 10 pounds in 6 and a half weeks, I think that's quite realistic but I keep having weekend blowouts, lol!!!!

I'm ready planning my ribs and chicken combo at my favourite restauant!!!

Kitty

Mackeral
July 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for that Kitty...That'll come in useful...28.1...I better stop eating so much rubbish..:eeks:

Kitty
July 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Hi Mack,

I just did mine I got a 25.33 I'm aiming for a 24. Those supermodels must be stick thin to get an 18!!!!

Kitty

eustacia
July 18th, 2007, 09:23 AM
The BMI wouldn't even calculate my weight. It probably didn't know what to do with 121.1 stones!

E

Mackeral
July 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
LOL E...I dont beleive that for a second..

Niblet
July 24th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hello all, sticking with my workouts and enjoying the time for myself.. I'm now 110 lbs this morning ! Ya hooo !! Even after the BBQ weekend. I'm really shocked actually, but I'll take it !!! I have not seen that number in over a year.. Feeling great ! See ya all next week.. Are we all still doing a weigh in on Mondays? take good care all, Hugs, ~Niblet~

eustacia
July 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Niblet,

I don't know about the others but I am doing my weekly weigh in if and when I remember it. I'm a little under the weather this week and so my little weight loss is probably due to having almost no appetite: 119.7.

Congrats on enjoying your parties and losing weight!:goodjob:

eustacia
August 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM
I am feeling a little narcissistic reporting my weight to the world here. Would anyone like to join this thread? Please?;)

Anyway, I have not gained or lost an ounce this week. That's not good news given the fact that I have more immobilizing surgery coming up and when I lose muscle mass I feel fat no matter what the scale says!:upset:

Aargh . . . nobody is here. Everyone else must be enjoying the beach. Hope so, anyway!:)

Niblet
August 1st, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'M HERE !! I'm here !! A few days late, sorry Eustacia... This week I gained 2 lbs.. But I did enjoy a wonderful anniversary away with Hubby.. Soo worth it.. There is always next week and I've been working out too.. Feeling great though.. So now I'm 112 lbs. See ya next week.. Just you and me by the looks of things, but that's ok too... Good for you not gaining any weight back... Awesome really in the BBQ season and all.. Keep up the good work. Hugs, ~Niblet~ :):) Perhaps I gained 2 lbs of muscle,, Ha !! haaaa !!! Wishful thinking.

eustacia
August 2nd, 2007, 03:40 AM
Hey, Niblet,

I vote for two pound of muscle weight gain. A romantic tryst (so preferable to the gym!)often results in fat loss. For me, anyway!;)

:heart:E

Niblet
August 8th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well E, I lost the 2 lbs that I gained again, so who knows what next week will bring ... Ha !! ha !!

Trevor
August 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Starting Today 15 Stones 8 lb .... aim to lose 3 stones :)

Niblet
August 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Way to go Trev, on the general discussion there is a great thread that "change" started... It is a daily workout thread... You might want to check it out... Good luck buddy !! I forgot to hop on the scale this morning but will tomorrow morning... Likely a good thing because a weekend at camp doing a whole lot of nothing puts a few pounds on everytime !! ha!! haaa !! Good luck, drink lots of water, keep busy, and don't eat 2 hours before going to bed... (Just a suggestion is all... ) Take Care,

August 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Yessssss!!!.......lost 7lbs since going AF 15 days ago............only 35 still to go!!! LOL

Starlight Impress x