Google MapMyRun; Pilates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

Hi, gang. So glad to see all the activity here.

Don't know if anyone's tried this (I can't get it to work; may be my location) but the concept is great: it uses Google Maps to give all you power walkers and runners a better workout.

You input your route points on a virtual map, then your height, weight, etc., and it'll calculate distance, time, and calories burned. You'll need the Google Map program that now comes free bundled with the browser.

It's here if you want to give it a try: MapMyRun.com. Fun!

Pilates: I'm a big fan and attend classes at our club occasionally, but to be honest, do more at home with a CD because of my schedule. I've tried a number of different programs but a recent favorite is Laura Hudson's 10 Minute Solution. Really dig it. Five workouts you can mix and match on your DVD player beforehand--it's fabulous, love everything about her. Whether you have ten minutes or an hour, you can make this fit your day. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000GEIRAU/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/105-5656472-8924452?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=130]Read the product description and reviews here at Amazon[/ame]. Highly recommend it. And sure does tighten up that butt and tummy!

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

RJ and everyone else,

As some of you know, I am an avid runner, I have used that tool, it is pretty cool, and is really good if you are training for any type of distance, want to add up your calore deficit for the week, whatever...I encourage you all to check it out!

Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

Thanks for inrpiring me to FINALLY start using the Pilates machine I bought four months ago..............
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

I have never tried Pilates, I will check it out! I always like to add new things to spice up my routine and avoid getting bored with the same ole thing!!
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

Lush, What is a Pilates machine??
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

Thanks RJ.
            Very useful

Comment

Google MapMyRun; Pilates

IJi I have a pilates machine you can Google it and find lots of retailers I bought one for 300.00 but I think you can find. them for200.00 and then up but a basic macine is great. I have had my 3 years and it still works fine. It works with streching and pulling using your core (stomach) muscles as your center of gravity. I also have a bow flex but I think this is better because you build long lean muscle rather than bulk A whole body workout takes me 25 minutes. Hope this helps
              Mar

Comment

Working...
              X