wrecked my car last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:upset: Its time for major changes that Im not sure I can make. I dont remember the last time I actually went to sleep. I have been plastered for the last year and a half passingout, pissing the bed, and once last year I even shit myself! But four weeks ago I was raped while passed out in a strangers car.The really bad part is that I just found out 2 weeks ago. I didnt even know I was raped, well okay I had a feeling since my tampon was upside down and 1/2 way to my stomache but I didnt want to think about it. Anyway this guy was bragging at his boxing club to his buddies about what happened, and this fucking piece of shit drives a Mercedes and he is Married. Well I didnt eat, sleep, or work for 5 days andI even decided to quit well lay off the drinking. Until this past few days I was doing VERY well, only having one after work then going home to bed.. YESTERDAY, I fell off the BUS! I went to the bar for two drank 9 and drumroll please. . . . . . . .:upset: I wrecked my car last night, ran into a fence, and now my car wont drive straight! Damn! I was doing soooo well with my life changes, I even had a job interview today at 11, thats not going to happen.

Eica, the changes are hard, that's for sure, but they are not impossible. I've just passed two weeks AF, and can attribute the great bulk of it to the support that I have gotten from this site.

Sounds like you are having a tough go of it. Things were hard enough on you before the rape, and I'm sure that just compounds the drinking (I apologize if I am minimalizing it in any way). Have you had a chance to talk to anyone yet? Both a physical and mental checkup may do wonders for you and help point you in the right direction.

Keep checking back to this website, too. Lots of great advice and support (I would also recommend the MWO book as well).

Best wishes to you - I can't possibly imagine what you have been through put will be pulling for you.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Thanks goodness it was only a fence. There but for the grace of God go I - go many of us.

Please know we are here to help. You've had some shitty things happen to you. I'm glad you've taken a step to stop them. You've found a very supportive group.

Day 15 for me.

:welcome:

Comment

Hi Eica & :welcome:

Wow love what a time you've had ...... You really have come to the right place.

Stick around and get all the help that you can from the lovely people on this site ....

Take care, :h :l :h
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Eica

Please be assured that you have come to right place. Here we help each other in all ways possible.

You have been through some tough times. Is there not a support/counselling service nearby you, where you may be able to talk to someone in confidence? Don't bottle things up, because then you may be tempted to drink to block out what has happened. Do talk to someone, even if it's posted here on this forum.

Comment

Eica

Sweet heart you have certainly been through some shit haven't you....I had a similar experience ( the rape ) whilst on holiday last year. there's also more to it but its something im not ready to share yet...i think my drinking definitley escalated after it and the amount of times i have driven plastered is ubelievable...im seriously lucky to be alive. But believe me when i say you have come to the right place today is day 21 AF for me which i never thought was possible...there's so much support here so please stick around.

Much love

Lou-Lou
            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Hi Eica-
              I am so sorry for the things you have been thru. Do you have any counseling available to you? It is much easier to make good decisions for yourself when you are sober but it isn't so easy to just stop drinking. It all seems to be very interwoven.
              You have been thru a trauma - please reach out to an agency or someone you know who can get you some assistance.
              I'm pulling for you. Oh, and please stay here - there are so many great people on this site.
              This place has been my constant companion for the last 6 months and lots of things have changed for the better in my life.
              I wish you the very best.
              Lisa

Comment

Eica Love,

Would you please check in and let us know how you are doing, I've been thinking about you a lot ....

Let us know you're OK love please xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Eica.
                  There is hope and change and you have come to the place to find ir. AND the key there is that YOU have found it one your own - why - because you truly long for change. That is all you need to get started - the desire. To continue - you need what this site provides. Do get the CDS and listen to them - I suggest abstinence - as you sound a bit like me and for me mods could never work.

I know they cost s bit of money and money is tight right now but I swear to you they work if you use them. Dear girl post often and say anything you want - we are listening and truly there are many here who have been through or done similar things.

God is with you. he has kept you alive in some very dangerous situations and he wants the best for you - sorry to talk about God if that is uncomfortable - just my honest belief.

Thinking of you,
                  Rivergirl

Comment

Wishing you the best

Eica:

I wish I had some miracle powder to sprinkle on you and make all the problems go away. All I can say is please talk about them to someone (in person or right here on this site). Don't shut down. Don't stop trying. Know that there are people here who care for you and only hope the best things for you.

Take care.
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Eice

I have only just joined but reading your posting has reminded me of the shit state alchol can get you in. I have woken up on many a morning with a stranger in my bed not knowing who they are or if we had sex or not. I have also lost my driving licence twice written off 3 cars.

There is hope. I had 9 months AF a couple of years ago and am going to start my next stint today

Good luck to you. When you stop drinking the fear of all those bad times goes away. After a time you wake in the morning and realise you aren't trying to think what you did last night you just remember!

All the best

A

Comment

Working...
                      X