Here We Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here We Go

First I will explain my log in. I have been in the food and beverage business for 30 years.I have been overserving drunks and drug addicts most of my life. I am now 48 years old. I have been a bartender, chef, restaurant owner, district manager, quality control inspector, consultant,contract food service operator, semifunctional,gainfully employed drunk, and drug addict the entire time. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school a never drank or did any drugs before I was 18. The drinking and drug use in the eary days was part of the job and the scene and not done at work, we were to busy. The first 15 years of my career was all at night and the after hours and wild. I was single,made alot of money,worked hard, and work hard at staying drunk and high after work. The next 15 years were spent in upper management being married and a happy hour, weekend golf drunk consuming 6 to 8 beers weekdays and 12 to 20 weekend days, all before dinner, (I rarely drank after dinner) with the occasional joint, mixed in with our prescription hydros of course for back surgery 6 years ago (the idiot doctor still prescribes twice a year).HERE WE GO. I am 15 days AF. I was on a plane and read the book and started the program on the 15th.WOW!! The first week was an adjustment but I am motivated. This week has been great with noticeable differences in sleeping patterns and my apperance. Meds are great with almost no cravings. I work out 5 days 1 hour a day and eat like a horse. Thought the topra reduced your appettite. Thoughts are foggy sometimes. I stopped telling people I stopped drinking because they didn't know it was a problem(HUH)(DAMN I'M GOOD) .I now am looking forward to picking up where I left off 30 years ago. Face the issues I buried in beer and drugs and my favorite chair and find something fulfilling to do with my life.

The Only Thing I have to Learn Is:
    You Don't Need A Beer:

1)to go to the golf course at 8:00
    2)To on the first tee (and so on)
    3)To go to the grocery store to buy beer
    4)To go to get pizza
    5)To be followed by 3 vodka sodas because your tire of beer
    6)To go to the pier to go deep sea fishing at 4am(and so on)
    7)To play guitar(this is where the joints came in)
    8)your dogs have fun and don't drink
    9)kids have fun and don't drink
    10)you idiot!!!!!

PEACE.....

Here We Go

Slopslinger
    Just popped in to say hello and welcome to this wonderful place.

Comment

Here We Go

Hi Slopslinger & :welcome:

This place is fabulous, so many likeminded people who want to help ....

Keep reading and posting ...
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Here We Go

Welcome Slopslinger! 15 days is an excellent start. Keep up the good job!!!

Comment

Here We Go

Hey, I also am in the food and beverage business, its very social. I went overboard to for a few good years. You are doing good, keep posting and this has helped me cut down drastically.

Sammys

Comment

Working...
          X