Snow-the great coverup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow-the great coverup

Snow - The Great Cover Up We haven?t yet had much snow this winter season where I live. A few days ago however, there was finally enough downfall to create a lovely blanket of the white stuff. When it is freshly fallen, snow beautifully covers any ugliness in the landscape. While it is there it gives the appearance that everything is perfect. That?s probably one of the things we love about it.
    Over the past few years there have been a number of ministry scandals affecting Christians and the Church. When a minister fails or a church is disgraced we often feel like we have been blindsided. It looked so good; it all seemed so right. We feel deceived and we might have a temptation to give in to disappointment.
    Instead, think of it like snow. The appearance might have been great but the ugliness was there all along, secretly hidden. It should not surprise us when the snow melts and the truth is finally exposed. Eventually that always happens. Actually, regarding sin in the church, it?s a good thing. ?For nothing is hidden that shall not become evident, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come to light.? (Luke 8:17)
    Watch out how you are affected when scandals erupt. Maybe you mistook the nice white blanket of snow for reality instead of what it really is: a great cover up.

Visit Hannah's Cupboard for much more!
    How do you handle a long spiritual attack that goes on for years? Long Spiritual Attack
    Barbara Lardinais
    Hannah's Cupboard ? 2007
    email: [email protected]
    web: http://www.hannahscupboard.com
    Used by permission
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Snow-the great coverup

However...

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    Control the Mind

Comment

Snow-the great coverup

I would rather view my scarlet sins as "white as snow". What's done is done and cannot be taken back however much I might wish.

Regrets- I have a few...
      Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
      X