Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFDaily - Tuesday, March 13

Good morning Fabber Abbers,

And what a lovely day it is ? I feel disgustingly upbeat today so I apologize in advance if I offend anyone with my cheesy cheerfulness.

I am ready for getting your coffee orders, peeps!
    - decaf for Sugar (with a spoon of ?way to go, girl!)
    - French Roast with EVCO ? for TND
    - Jamaican Blue Mountain for Blondie
    And what the heck ? better do a big pot of the good Jamaican stuff for everybody else.

Have a super-duper day, abbies!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good Morninnnng

Loving the good vibes you kicked off with Shue,
    I'm in good form this morning, job hunting with a good attitude, hitting a meeting later too and just focusing on the best for a change

So as I raise my cuppa defac, compliments of Shue, here's to a great a/f day to us all

Oh and would love to hear from our friend Almostfamous if you're floaing about, how did Vegas work out?
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning, Shue!!!

I see that you have 30 days--am I right????? :wd::wd:Huge Congrats to you!:thumbs: I for one love your cheerfulness and your positive , upbeat attitude!! I love reading your posts when I jump on here every morning! And your coffee isn't bad, either
      Going up to the sixties again today--think I'll find a spring outfit to wear today, even though I am only going to an AA meeting and gym later.
      I had a hard day yesterday, and won't go into details, but when you are trying to focus on your sobriety while a bunch of other things are going on and you are nevr sure how the person you live with is going to traet you--well, some days aren't as easy as others. But I got through it, and had a very good women's meeting that helped. We talked about our last drunk, and one other woman had one very similar to mine. She still isn't driving after three years. Anyway, am going to stay positive today no matter what!
      I will check back later, and hope everybody has a fabberdabber AF day!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Sugar, X post, so just want to say--GO FOR IT, GIRL!!! Good luck job hunting!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Not a bit of sunshine here this morning - where did it all go?

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days Shue, great work

sugarbeat, happy job hunting today!

TDN, glad you found the support you needed yesterday. Some days are rougher than others, I know. That's why I keep coming back here for moral support

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TND & Lav ? thanks . It must be the Lucky 13th, Dang! I am not counting days anymore but I must say it feels nice.

Sugar ? go get them , tiger! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you .:h

Uni ? big hug :l

Fly ? did you get you get your shots? How are you feeling?

Kaslo ? you crack me up - Turn will set you up with a nice agent :H:H:H

TND ? My hubby?s snotty remarks and at time his indecisiveness used to send me straight to the bottle ? now I take 5 deep breaths, clear the room and go outside for another 5 deep breaths ? and I pray :
            ?Dear Lord,
            I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods. Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.
            AMEN?
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning Fabinstiens. If you check and find out you have bolts coming out the sides of your heads after reading this, dont look at me. Congrats Shue on 30 days, its a big day for sure. Your posts are inspirational, first thing in the morning. Even if its not quite first thing any more. Big shout out to Sugarbeat as well. You sound SO focused too. Its amazing! Dont forget the difference between you now and you 10 days ago or how ever long its been. TDN, its always amazed me how insensitive and obvlivious my hub can be about my quitting. What I took to be sabotage, he meant as truthful ruminations on how many six ways of sundays I had turned in to a total Biatche Extrodinare and kind of preferred the quiet zoned out, ie. non communicative Souse version better. Just ignorant really. No idea what a fine person I would turn out to be after a year and a bit of making his life hell. He wears a helmet now.

Hi Lav, Greenie, M3, Pap (havent told you how much sense your post made yesterday, all true, well done), Doggie of the examinations, Turn, Det where ARE you?

Well I actually have an addendum in my basement. Its 45 pages long, whats with that. So gotta go.

Kaslo, Frozen Still Fecking Snowing Whats With That? North.
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Greetings FABbers -

well...this daylight savings has set me back abit. Don't these people realize how precious morning light is to us in the fecking frozen north? Sure we have more daylight LATER...oh well. It really won't be long before we'll be missing darkness!

I'm not a counter either Shue, but I personally enjoy observing milestones and what they represent. You have undergone a HUGE change and that is something to celebrate! You are on a roll and it really, truly, honestly, just gets better. It is fabulous to be free of the need for mass quantities of liquid addiction and death.

Sugar Sugar...you are making remarkable progress! All this stuff about thinking positive and being grateful has a real payoff doesn't it? You are retraining your brain and it is releasing those feel-good chemicals. On top of that...by keeping AL out of your system, the depressant effects, just vanish. Keep it up - it feels great to be full of happiness and hope.

Lav - we have plenty of sunshine here in the far fecking frozen north, but clear skies come at a cost of really cold temps. Have you recovered from your long gig with the insanity twins?

TDN - you are doing a marvelous job with that inner dialogue in the face of adversity. A BIG gold star for you on the calendar once again!

Kas - addendum in the basement? Sounds...painful!

Wishing wonder today to all yet to come!
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Shue--Oh no! Upbeat? We can't have that! So you've got the good Jamaican stuff huh? Congratulations on 30 days!

Sugarbeat--Best wishes to you on the job front! Oh no, you're happy too?

TDN--I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. I once lived with someone like that too. It's tough.

Hello to Lav and Kaslo!

I just got back from the doctor and got my injections. Hallelujah. Now I've got to give them a few days to kick in and I should be good to go. Even though my head is pounding I'm going to try to run a few errands and do some things around the house. Sometimes just being outside and moving makes it better.

Comment

Hey there Turn!

Comment

Aloha, Fabernoodles!

Very good to see so much upbeatness (new word; eat yer heart out PapMom :H) so early in the ... errrmmm.. afternoon. I totally slept in after being up for a while at 4am, then barn chores, had some finishing work to do in the shop, blah blah... and here I am.

Since we have so many doggy lovers here, I'd love to share my experience of the last few days: (Quick! Grab a sandwich!)

I'm dog sitting for a friend/colleague of Mr. Wonderful... he often comes and feeds/lets Shelby out when we are away so I am very happy to be able to return the favor. His dog is a big Husky/Akita type girl (my GOD, can she run!) who pretty much lives outside 24/7 on a long chain. She's a total spazz at the end of that chain, too. I hate to see any dog on a chain. But I digress. I told him to bring her over here and we'll see how it goes. He said that she doesn't like being in the house, that it's too warm for her. Welllllll.....

Since last Friday night (her arrival) we have made great strides in the department of coming back/listening skills. I realized that every time she came back to her handler, she expected to be grabbed and put back on chain/leash or dragged into the house (my bad the first couple of days). So, I've spent some time with her yesterday... letting her tear around outside, give a whistle and call, have her come (reasonably) close and do... nothing. Just praise her for being a good girl. Again and again. By the time it got dark, she'd come and sit right by me... I'd just give her a stroke on the head and nothing else. Whaddaya know!? This morning, she spent 2 hours at the barn with me... tearing around inside/outside, checking in with me and getting a quick pet every 10 Minutes or so.. I asked her to get away from the horses, and she listened, I asked her not to eat Boris, and she listened and then proceeded to walk home with Shelby and me off lead, to finally sit by the door wanting to come in the house.

I think, that girl is having the vacation of a life time, if you ask me. I really hate to think that she'll be back chained up next week :upset: Sigh.

In other news, Atlas was close to becoming dinner on the BBQ yesterday... apparently, he had some sort of melt down in his stall and kicked out a wall... of course, the wall most vulnerable, most difficult to fix, aaaaand the one that also makes up the front of the building. Gulp. Mr. Wonderful was not overly impressed. He will, however, have to come to terms with the fact that the TajMaHorse is a horse barn, after all and there will be nicks and dents (ahem... I didn't tell you about my last tractor excursion, did I? Turns out, you really have to back alllll the way out before you turn.. and that bucket doesn't really give) in time.

If you haven't fainted from exhaustion by now, I bid you farewell and wish you a happy, AF Tuesday
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi everyone, just in from work, day 19 for me. Huge congrats to Shue on 30 days! Haven't had much time to read through the posts properly but I'll look back again once I've got the kids ready for bed. Feeling fine just now - this would normally be the start of my witching hour so this is good.
                        See you later
                        Sausage x

Comment

Hello Abbers!

Shue - congratulations on 30 days!! I'm coming up right behind you.

Sunshine GG - Your story of the dog broke my heart! Can you talk to the owner about not using the chain anymore??? I grew up in Alaska (hi Turnagain) and I saw lots of sled dogs on chains - but I never got used to it. Can you adopt that poor doggie?

Sounds like everyone is doing great here! Have a fantastic AF evening all!

Comment

Congrats on 30 days, Shue!!! Do have a peek in the General Discussion Forum

MyLife... I'm not sure what the solution is for Miko. Her owner, of course, works away from home all day and I don't know how much time he is able/willing to spend with her at night She's a young, very energetic dog who loves and needs plenty of exercise. If I didn't already have a dog I would totally try to keep her. I was actually (half jokingly) asking Mr. Wonderful if we really had to give her back. But, as it is, Shelby is really showing his age (he's 12)... he's not terribly pleased about having some young whippersnapper bounce all over him, trying to engage him in play. There's a LOT of grumbling going on here at the moment.

We just came back from bringing horses in, throwing wood in the basement, putting the garbage and recycling out... all off lead and she came into the house on her own again. She's a really really lovely dog, if someone would just spend some time with her. She's very social and seems to thrive on praise.

Sigh.
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunshine your story about Miko is very sad! You don't just chain a dog up 24/7. That's why I have a cat. I'm gone 10-14 hours a day with work. Poor girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X