Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD Daily - Wednesday March 14

Good morning peeps,

I woke up today to the nicest surprise party in the “general” thread and it made me feel all warm and gooey inside. Thank you all for thinking about me.:thanks:

On with the coffee … the French press is full and there are a few pieces left from my raspberry swirl cheesecake.

My mad Italian drink&shop (online) buddy is coming tonight. I have not seen her in almost 2 years. I warned her that I am 6 kg heavier + not drinking anymore … she was shocked (not by the weight gain)… she said “but how are we going to have fun now if you’re not drinking?” I told her I have 2 bottles of Moet in the fridge just for her and that I am a lot funnier sober. I know she will needle me about my decision so I am gathering strength.

About Miko … Sunni, I have 2 friends who have aging dogs and the addition of a puppy brought them a new lease on life … the oldies became livelier and the sick one shows good signs despite the vet’s grim expectations.

About doggie heartbreak (ok … grab a sandwich ,again ) - the tenants next door are the Iraqi ambassador with twin boys and … a husky puppy - Diego . I showed the boys how to train him, to walk him but nada … these people are used to having staff that does everything for them and no one looked after the doggie. Last Xmas they went away and left Diego with us (we showed him the time of his life, and I don’t mean just giving him pork to eat, he he ). Wily little thing got all the bones my dog had laying about the garden, sneaked between the fence spars and proceeded to gnaw at them in front of my big beast – who, stuck behind the fence was going berserk. After the Iraqis came back I would still take the dog on walks sometimes as I could see that they have taken to chaining him all day long ( 3 drivers, 2 maids, 1 cook and 2 teenage boys and NO ONE would even walk the dog for 5 min?!?!) . Every morning and evening the dog would wail when he saw me and I just know he wanted to be ours (OK - he escaped like 6 times and I would find him in my garage). In Jan we went away for 2 weeks – when we came back we learnt that the ambassador returned the dog to the breeder (since the twins showed a lot more interest in their new twin PlayStation’s) – I immediately called the breeder, trying to get Diego, but it was too late – he’d already sent him elsewhere; the guy told how on the day he came to take him back, Diego made a run for my garden and that it took all day to figure out a way to get past my dog, with Diego always hiding behind big barking Sam. I was and still am heartbroken .:upset::upset::upset:

Anyway, when you find a connection like that with a dog it just fills you up somehow. Sunni - if Miko does not come to be your dog … please don’t ever watch the movie “Hachi”.

That’s the rant for today … wish you all a fabulous hump day !!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi, Shue and all the rest of you Abbers!
    Shue, glad you enjoyed your virtual 30 day party!! Soon it will be 60 days, then 90--and on and on! You have such a great attitude!
    I hope your friend isn't too hard on you for not drinking with her. The two bottles of Moet should pacify her I know you'll get through it!
    That story about the Iraqi ambassador--it really makes me sick!! The good thing is that the dog has hopefully gone to somebody who really wants a "dog," and not a stuffed animal! I am imagining very spoiled kids who probably never even noticed when the dog left. I know that we maybe go overboard with the Three Stooges, but we have always considered our dogs family members.
    It's pitch black here, whereas the past few days it was pretty light at this hour. Just heard that it is due to heavy fog. Not quite as warm as yesterday, but still nice! I am going to finish another batch of cake pops, as I am going to stay with a group of children at church while their moms have Bible study. They are home schooled and will have work to do, but we are thinking about having me do French (and maybe Spanish) lessons while I am there each week for an hour and a half. Need to check out the attic to see what I have left from my teaching days. Tried to get up there last night while Mr TDN was out, but we have to use a stick with a screw on the end to grab the door (which is in the ceiling of the garage) and I managed to pull the screw of and couldn't find it. Considered moving the car out to see if it had fallen under it, but thought twice in case Barney Fife is watching the house to see if I try to operate any motorized machinery!! :H Mr TDN will check it out when he wakes up!!
    Oh--the always interesting morning news just had the story of a woman who was arrested for driving drunk with that Interlock device in her taxi!! UGH--former French teacher!! Guess her addiction maybe caused her to lose her teaching job and drive a taxi, but really horrible that she took the chance of blowing into the device while impaired. And she had passengers in the taxi. Things like that are a huge reminder to me of what could happen to me if I ever entertain the thought of drinking again.
    Toilet paper shortage in Trenton, NJ is much more news worthy IMO!!
    Det--playing bartender?? Wow, you did great to get through that!
    Fly, hope your head is much better!
    Pap3 and Lav, I think my anxiety is well under control, but have the Amoryn ready.
    Okay--off to make my pops and then feed the Three Stooges!!
    Be back later.
    Have a great AF day, all!!
    "One day at a time."

Comment

guten morgen

Shue, now I'm not a crazy dog person, just like my own dog, but poor diego, that could be turned into a kids movie, but change the ending

Woke up a wee bit anxious but getting that in order now, slowly, problems ain't hard to find if you are in that state of mind, so I'm on a mindful mode at the moment, still creeping round he jobs boards, something will turn up. My little brother is heading off to Oz tomorrow, I'll miss him but he's a Quantity Surveyor and that's one of many industries that have gone to pot in this country. Oh well as they say a storm won't last forever

That's all really hope you all have a super day and 'll check in later
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Halllooo fabbies! :hallo:

Having another busy spell here. Well, sort of. What happens is that these interview series start up and I really like to listen in if I get home in time or catch the replays up for 2 days after. And there's a couple running at the same time. Each an hour long a couple days a week..... McLean Masterworks Healing With The Masters - Jennifer McLean is one if you're interested. Also Chunyi Yin of Springforest Qigong Spring Forest Healingfest is doing a week long series on energy healing. That stuff is fascinating to me.

Sounds like everybody's doing great! My cold is gone, kas I hope yours is too, although yours sounded way worse than mine. And hopefully M3 shook off the ick quickly. P3 you had a rough spot there too. Hope everyone is up and running full speed soon. I know I hate when I'm not.

Sausage you rock coming up on 3 weeks. I know you have to really work at it sometimes but it WILL get better! There's a few of you who are about neck in neck with the AF time, right?

Hope almostfamous is having a good AF time in Vegas.

Heard a hard luck story from someone who'd had a round at addiction struggle. Didn't say what the substance was, but it's a good reminder of how low that sort of thing can take you. I am grateful, grateful, grateful.

Sunnybutt, the way shelby acts reminds me of Clint Eastwood (think Gran Torino) I think some if not all things happen for a reason. I'd love to see you add this doggie to your household.

Happy happy joy joy!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy Humpday everyone! Well, this is actually my first day off for the week, yahhoooo!!!

Yesterday marks the 3 week number of AF days! Glad to update my signature with the goal DONE! Great job Shue for your 30 days...I was so happy when I saw your special post in the Gen. Disc., section! You done us proud girlfriend! Keep it up!

My derm appointment that was cancelled last week (the one I vented about since I got all the way to the office 1/2 hour away to find that out) is reschedule today. Soooo, I gotta get my butt to the gym early so I can get my work out done before I head to the appointment and then some shopping afterwards. I'll have my mom's car so might as well take advantage of that!

Hi to everyone checking in today. Have a fabulous day!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF hump day!
            Starting off with Curves, then babysitting over lunch time then plan to do some yard work - yay!

Have a great day!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Fabbies!

Quick check in before the usual morning mayhem begins :hallo:

Shue... thanks for starting us off again but... awful story about Diego Poor guy. Hopefully, he was sent on to a better home. As for Miko... at least she does get walks, I know that. Although, I think it's mostly on a leash and she really REALLY likes to just run. Ya'll gonna hate me but I don't want another dog. I really can't afford more critters right now and it's just that much more responsibility and worry when we go away. I don't think I mentioned it but I was offered TWO horses (free) on separate occasions just recently, too. One is a fabulous western reiner. But it's not just feeding an animal.. it's vet bills, it's an investment of time (if you want to do the animal justice) and it's securing proper care when you go away, etc.

I will however, have a chat with her owner when he gets back. And, I will suggest that he brings her over more on their walks and lets her off the leash here. I'm hoping that he will see how well she CAN respond, that she DOES listen to voice commands, and that she's worth every minute he can put in to working with her.

TDN.. :H Toilet paper shortage, huh? That could turn into a sticky situation!
              Guten Morgen, Sugar! Ich wuensche dir einen super Tag und viel Glueck mit der Arbeitssuche!
              Hello busy greenarse! You always come up with the most interesting links!
              Have a great day off, Blondie... appointment and all!
              Lav... YARD work??? I'm still waiting for my yard to emerge. It's a curious mix of glare ice and rushing rapids here at the moment.

Ok, off I slide. Time to collect doggies and head off to the barn to spring da boyz. Have a fabby happy Wednesday, everyone! One thing is for sure!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello Abbers -

Hope everyone is having a fabulous AF day!

Shue and SunGG - Please give us some doggie stories with Happy endings!! LOL.

I tried to get here relatively early and I'm still way down on the posting list! This is an early bunch of sober posters!

It's great to hear how well everyone is doing racking up the days!! Keep it up Abbers!

Have a great day.

Comment

Hello friends,

Congratulations to everyone hitting milestones, anniversaries and birthdays!!!:goodjob: You all sound so wonderful and I love being able to check in easier on my new PINK laptop. I did post a picture on facebook, so I guess if you are really interested......huh, Lav?

I just wanted to pop in and brag about our beautiful springish weather here. 77 degrees yesterday. But, alas, I am stuck inside trying to get this big bookkeeping job done. Grateful to have it though, and it won't be long until I need to start work at the cemetery.

A good friend's brother passed away last weekend. Ya, alcoholism. He was 51. I truly believe that so much abuse changes the brain in such a way that these people feel they need it and no matter what, they will drink until it kills them. Sad. I really hope with more education about the science of what al does to our bodies, we can help future generations from doing this to themselves.

3DN--will you share your cake pop technique? I tried it once, but ran out of time, so they weren't dipped in anything--I called them cake balls and they were delicious! But I have the sticks and intend to try again.

Ok, better get busy. Have a great sober day everyone!!!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi everyone, busy day for me, just in from work, then collect kids, supervise homework and swimming club later.......
                    One advantage -, little time to think about AL!
                    Back later
                    Have a sober day all

Sausage x
                    Day 20

Comment

:H Mylife... you do not want to get me going on doggie stories. I have many happy ending stories... Shelby being one of them. He had been adopted and brought back to the pound twice; it was his 3rd stint and he had spent 4months in a cage when I found him. His main issue was that he didn't know how to be social. He desperately wanted to be but didn't know how. He had been chained up (again) for 2 years with NO walks, and no human interaction. He was given food and water and that was it. He was great with other dogs and cats but not so much with humans... hard to believe, now, that he thinks he's a lap dog

Anyways.. here's a picture of Miko this morning:

LVT, I will be stalking your FB as soon as I send this post! :H

Comment

Aw - and look how happy he is now!! That's a Doggie Story I can handle! :H

Have a great day all!

Comment

Sunshine, very impressive, danke sch?n!
                          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

sugarbeat;1280374 wrote: Sunshine, very impressive, danke sch?n!
                            Not exactly a great accomplishment on my part.. it's my mother tongue! :H

Comment

Popping back in, and what fun posts! Sunni--I am in LOVE with Miko!!!! OMG--he's beautiful! And love your story about Shelby. I so understand the commitment it is to have multiple animals. We don't go anywhere because of the three stooges. Last time we went anywhere and had to leave them at the boarding place--which is the only place we'd leave them--was about four years ago. And it's a place an hour and a half from here, but on the way to the sirport. Pap3 knows it--she has done agility there. Expensive, but worth it. But with all the vet bills we've had--plus supplements, etc., well, it gets crazy. But I'd take 'em all if I could--why can't I just find a million dollars so I could have such a wonderful pet sanctuary????
                              I had a great time with my little group of kids this morning!! Four of the six moms were students at the high school here where I last taught!! So funny. The kids are cute and all had work to do, but some just wanted to have fun--and eat my cake pops, LOL!! One family adopted two girls from Haiti last month, and have three of their own kids. The four yr old is quite willing to speak French (Creole, mostly), but the older one, who is six, is too shy and doesn't want to speak. When we started our French lesson, she sat away from the rest of the group, but I saw her listening and smiling. I am going to try to dig out some old tapes I had and we can have lots of fun singing in the weeks to come! Now, if I could get the library job and do this little volunteer job--I'd be good!!! May email the library today, as the closing day for apps was Monday, and I can just see what is happening.
                              Sunni, I didn't know your first language was German! Don't know any German myself, but maybe you can teach us a few phrases here and there!!
                              Now I can't remember who asked about the cake pops, but if you do a google search, you'll find a bunch of things, including one link that has a video and everything!! Probably the easiest way. The woman, who is Asian, adds vegetable shortening to the melted chocolate to smooth it out, but I added the coconut oil. None of the kids have any food allergies. so that is easy! Maybe I'll make chocolate covered strawberries for next week.
                              AA meeting was good today, too. My sponsor is coming over here tomorrow a.m. so we can do some work out of a workbook on the Steps, and then we'll go to the noon meeting together. She had a Brittany once, but I am sure DH will live up to his name. I think I'll give him a melatonin!
                              Off to the gym in a while, but back here later.
                              Hubby just yelled in to tell me that Bud puked--another joy of having dogs!! :H He ate some berry type things that fall from one of our trees.
                              "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                              X