X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday March 15

Good morning wonderful Abbies,

Such good vibes yesterday ?

Our new Nespresso machine has arrived in the office so I am taking orders, just take your pick. I have also made apple strudel ? hope you like it.

Big congrats to MyLife for 30 days ? yippee ? and to Almost for ?Leaving the booze in Las Vegas? .
    :wave::banana::banana::banana:

Last night was not so bad, my Italian friend gulped Italian wine ? I could smell it and I just knew that if I tried it I would not like the taste but continue to drink it despite that ? She tells me she can never stop at one glass .. never . I said nothing, funny how I can talk to her about my feelings, marriage and other intimate thoughts and fears but I cannot find it in me to open up to a friend the way I open up to you about my drinking.

More later ? got a day full of meetings.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Ill try posting this on todays thread..not yesterdays DUH!!!

Hello!

Was chatting to Determinator and Turnagain today who told me about this thread.

I usually post on the undies thread, but thought I would spread my wings

I am into week 5 AF, have stopped counting the days..am just doing it and am on antabuse. Life is great sober.

Hello to Shue and ML..we used to post on the Irie thread together.

sunshine GG...we have horses too

I will start reading back to catch up

xx

Comment

Okay, try agin!! There is something sppoky with this laptop, I swear!! I am typing away, and post disappears! Anyway, good morning, Shue and Mom2. Mom2, big:welcome:to you! I read the last posts from yesterday, so saw yours. Five weeks is fantastic!
      Shue, wow--resisted the wine while your friend guzzled!! :goodjob: I agree that it is a lot easier to talk to our friends here on the forum about our drinking than it is with "real" life friends. It's the same with AA. We can talk about things our frinds and family can't identify with.
      Det, loved the pic!! My friend's flower shop is closed until next Wednesday, and I am missing hanging out among the beautiful flowers!
      Almost--you made it in Vegas!!!
      Greenie, I am hoping to check out your link today. Thanks for the share!
      Sunni, thanks for leting me know that Miko is a girl:H
      Not sure if I told you all, but I would not have gotten that DUI in Nov had I minded my business and not decided to go and give my two cents (and more) to a horrible back yard Brittany breeder who keeps the poor creatures outdoors year round!! He called the police in his town, who called our town police. Wasn't even driving funny!
      Lav, LVT, Uni (stay with us!), Pap3, DG, Kas, Sugar, Mylife, Turn, Sid, Raven. and everyone else I have forgotten--have a great AF day!!
      Have to feed the 3 stooges and get a move on, as my AA sponsor is coming at 10:30 to do some work with me before our noon meeting!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning sunshines,
        Shue- way to stay strong. Wine is pure H E double hockey sticks!
        TDN- my iPad wigs out on here too. I have typed posts and had to re-type. Irritating!
        Mylife you are awesome!!!! Big, fat congrats!
        Welcome Mum and great work on 5 weeks.
        I dont mean to ignore my af daily friends but I have a lot of catching up to do on the goings on around here. Lots of reading to do!

DD has no school today so I'm being held captive at the mall. That girl can go for hours.

I'm glad to be home and have a couple more days off work to catch up and enjoy. I suppose it might be nice if I even bought some groceries.
        Have a loverly day.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Morning all!

WAY TO GO MYLIFE! PAVE THE WAY!!! I am right behind you (well, at 23 days!).

Welcome Mumof2! Hope onboard! Glad to have you here! We have lots of animal lovers on this thread!

Well, gotta lot of driving to do today...about 4 hours worth to Portland, Maine and back. Not a leisure trip but for work. I have to meet a farmer at a drop off stop in Portland to pick up small farmed organic meats, cheese and eggs for our store. We go 2x a month and today is my turn. On the flip side, because it is my day off, I said I would do it for 1/2 day off on Saturday...so I'll get off early on St. Patty's Day and it's supposed to be beautiful that day. Today weather no great shakes. So it's worth it. And I don't mind the drive. Just pop a few CD's in the player and off I go! I have a new whale reiki CD that is so relaxing...well, maybe that would put me to sleep in the car so I'd better stick with old reliable Bob Marley for the ride...lol.

Have a great day everyone and be well!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Shue, thanks for the coffee but I'll pass on the apple strudel - still counting calories

Welcome MumOfTwo - good to see you here!

TDN, your small town PD make me cringe. There's a few of them nearby me as well They really can be a bunch of idiots. Glad you are doing so well

Almost, I hate the mall.....just don't go there anymore. Hope you can enjoy some sunshine too.

Blondie, enjoy your drive but hold the whale tunes :H
            They would surely put me to sleep.

I will get outside to play in the 70 degree weather today - that's my plan anyway!
            Have a great AF Thursday everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

*yawn*

Morning AF chatties!
              Welcome Mum2, glad Det steered you over here! ) Shue, well done on leaving the guzzling to your amica.. frankly, I find the smell of wine somewhat revolting now. *shudder* TDN, so the BYB called Barney? Pffffth. Send animal control to his yard! :durn: Almost.. oh no! The horror! The mall! :H Good luck dodging elbows and feet (I hate shopping, can you tell?) Now, Blondie... YOUR kinda shopping I could do! Have fun with Bob! MyLife... WAY TO GO!!!! Very proud and happy for you!!!

Well, critters are hassling me to get moving... better start my pilgrimage to the barn. Will peek in again later! Happy AF Thursday, everyone!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Haha, Shue!! No animal control in that town, but our rescue group has called the local police many times--and I am gping back about ten years!! All they can do is tell him to take the dogs in overnight if the temps are way low. The house is almost a shack, and there is no room for that many dogs inside. Sad!
                Blondie, enjoy Portland! Love that city. Worked for three years for a dog toy company there, although I covered all of New England. And --I keep forgetting to ask you--where did you work in Acton?? I taught there for 15 years before moving here. Hope I am not repeating myself, as usual!:H
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers, BIG WELCOME Mom2!!! This is a great place. Lots of very kind and knowledgeable support, and fun as well.

Thank you Shue for starting us out... I too dont talk to anyone else really, because most people would find it shocking, I hid my "overindulgence" and only a few of my closest friends and my daughters really know how bad I was.

BIG congrats MyLife, we share the anniversary I was a year and 30 days yesterday. Not as exciting as 30 days, but an anniversary all the same.

Almost, you have a wonderful sense of humour, and I make sure I read your posts right to the end...

TDN, Lav, Sunshine, BlondeAF, and all to come, have a great day...alla youse. Its sn&wing again here, demmit. Big wet flakes. Normally this would be RAIN, but it seems to be white rain. Oh well.

One thing is for sure.
                  Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi all

Day 21 for me - by approx 11 pm this evening it will be 3 weeks since I was under the influence of alcohol!

Can't stop - homework and music practice to supervise / nag! Also about to make a chilli con carne!

Back later, hope you all have a good AF day

Sausage x
                    Day 21

Comment

SAUSAGE;1280889 wrote: Hi all

Also about to make a chilli con carne!
                      So, when should we be there!??? :H
                      Congrats on 21 days, dear Bratwurst! Well done, indeed.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sorry Sunshine - have already eaten it!! I am eating earlier and earlier in the evening to reduce cravings! Not sure if it's working though!

Comment

Kas - more snow? :eeks:
                          Don't you have an OFF switch for that stuff? :H :H

Sausage = Bratwurst :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Apparently my daughter did not hear me correctly when I told her I left all my cashola in Vegas. She had no problem putting her paw out for $$$. I felt myself wanting to shout "money doesn't grow on trees, ya know." I stopped myself though.

Blonde- your post made me salivate. Bring on the meat and cheese! At least you can enjoy your Saturday now.

Lavande and Sunni- I have moments I love shopping and moments I loathe it. I can shop like a man if needed.
                            Kaslo- a year and 30 days??? You are my hero. That's terrific.
                            Sausage- quite a feat! Keep on keeping on.
                            I still haven't purchased one single, solitary thing for dinner. Can you believe the people I live with actually want food?! The nerve!!! Blonde- do you deliver?? Hehe
                            Adios amigos! See those 2 years of HS Spanish did not go to waste.
                            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hello my friends

Shue as always, appreciated the coffee this morning!
                              Sausage 21 today, yeah you but disappointed you didn't put our names in the pot for the Chili con Carne
                              Blond, delighted you got through Vegas
                              and hello hello hello to Lavande, Kaslo, ThreeDogNight, sunshine_gg, and MomOf2

Only checkin in with you good people now, well its been an ok day, one of my brothers moved off the Austrailia. I was a bit sniffley when he headed off to the airport I will feckin miss him. Now with this I had to be mindfull with my emotions because I could very easily tip over and start feeling sorry for myself and all that 'what am I doing with my life', 'everyone has a better life then me' when in reality I just miss him and that's normal, no reason to snowball into sadness.

I said this at a meeting today and it was great getting it off my chest, and I tought thank god I wasn't drinking because I would have made it awfu dramatic and overly sad for myself, I could get very self centred with drink in. Now away from drink I'm am getting closer to my true self everyday and thats sweet, not always easy but loving this self awarness that is coming
                              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Working...
                              X