Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - St. Patrick's March 17th

Happy St. Patrick’s Abbers !!!!

There will be no Irish coffee for you I am afraid … but I did make a big pot of the good ole’ Blue mountain and I baked a fresh loaf of Irish wheaten bread.

So pop a slice in the toaster, fill you yer mugs and get this party started.

Let the Irish weekend begin !!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

I'll take the Blue Mtn over Irish coffee any day Shue!

Have a lovely, safe and healthy St. Patty's Day everyone! Make the luck of the Irish be with you!

I'm off to work and then I get out early today since I worked on one of my days off this week. Will hit the gym early and then since the weather is supposed to be nice, take a walk on the beach with hubs and doggie. In lieu of corned beef and cabbage today, we are splurging on a lobster dinner!!!

Love and peace to everyone on this wonderful Spring holiday!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Shue- thanks for the java. It was tasty! Blonde- a walk on the beach sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

We will be going out for dinner but I won't be partaking in any drinking "festivities" of any sort. I finally found the flavored seltzers and I'm turning into quite the scientist. I made a mean concoction last night. No worries Kaslo, I'm not gunning for your position. :H

Have a great af day. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi fABbies! Happy St. Patrick's Day! All I've been able to do around MWO lately is a quick pop in and out. I miss keeping up with everyone's doings on AF Daily! I am so happy to see so many new names and faces here on the AF train!

St. Patrick's Day used to be a BIG excuse for me to just get drunk all day. Instead of sneaking drinks all day and trying to hide how much I had been drinking, etc. I just threw caution to the wind. I LOVED days like that. (why? what a waste of a day!) Anyway, today I will be taking a long walk (7 miles is my goal), doing some volunteer work, and some homework. It will be a day I can feel good about instead of a day filled with regrets and a hangover.

I hope all your fABbies have an awesome day lined up too!

One thing is for sure....

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

La fheile Padraig sona duit ( a little Irish paddy's day greeting to ye all)

Well in Sugarland I think the dark cloud of that time of the month has almost past, man it sure brings on the cravings so have it phone calendar as a nice reminder for me each month,

So with that said, wishing you all very fun and green day and I'll be floating about later on as mine will be very low key this year
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Happy St Patricks day to you and hope you all have a great AF weekend!

Day 23 for me, had some problems with an Internet connection to my home hub / iPad yesterday so didn't log on, but don't worry, I wasn't drinking!

Have just been for a cycle ride, this morning. It's brilliant sunshine but very windy.

Off to cook some hot dogs for lunch for everyone ( no jokes please!!)

See you later x

Comment

Quick check in for me. I didn't want anyone to worry. Late nights at work, cousin's funeral, FIL's funeral=no time on computer. I'm feeling great and tomorrow is a month AF for me.

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
                I didn't get up until 6:45, then had to start my gourmet :Hbeef stew in the slow cooker before Mr TDN had a fit that it wouldn't be done by 5:00 when our friends are coming for early dinner. As it is, he started cutting the beef roast and I only had to do it over, as he didn't cut the chunks small enough:H
                Hoping to hit the gym later this a.m. as I missed it yesterday. Went to the library (where I have applied for the job and have heard nothing) to see Marly and Me. Had warned my friend about the ending and both of us were crying at the end. My contacts made my eyes a mess, and it was particularly hard to watch the movie when I have old man Rusty here. And Bud with cancer, but he's doing great. Have to dig out papers on Rusty--think he turns 15 this week!
                Am going to post my experience speaking with a former student yesterday on AA weekly, but it was amazing what we have both been through this past year!
                May tint our gingeraleShirley Temples green tonight! And am hoping to get yo our fabulous bakery to buy what are called Irish Potatoes--cream cheese, coconut, rolled in Cocoa. Bought a ton of them last year to share. Hope they have some left. And going to dip the strawberries and try to make the tuxedos.
                Great day to all!
                Thanks for the coffee and Irish Bread, Shue!! Yummy!!!!
                :HTDN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

TDN, I have a recipe to make those Irish potatoes
                  Hope your stew is ready in time!
                  My piggy swissy has been limping more than usual this week. Thinking I should get her back on some pain meds for her arthritic shoulders.

Nice to see everyone & wishing a wonderful AF Saturday to one & all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Top o' the mornin to you AF lot! May the day bring nothing but good things your way

Thunderstorms here
                    What happened to the gorgeous sunshine of the past few days? No walks for me today... it's time to move into the tack room this weekend! Whoot! It'll be soooo nice not to have to run from garage to shop to basement to barn to find my horsie paraphernalia! Btw, after my clean up mission last night, I'm considering adding a high pressure water hose to my grooming kit... feck brushes :H

Flyaway... I'm glad you're in good spirits (no pun intended), considering what you have to deal with :l Shue, Blondie, Doggy, Almost of the flavored seltzers, Sausage (wouldn't dream of inserting smart ass comment here), TDN and all to come... have a fabulous day!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey, Lav--have you made those Irish Potatoes? I went nuts for them last year. They made something similar for Easter. I am going to make two Irsih breads today, one for us and one for church tomorrow.
                      Rusty gets Chinese herbs, glucosamine and also Rimadyl, which we just started several months ago. Have you tried Turmeric? I sprinkle some in his bowl every morning. Supposed to help. Flax oil is supposed to be god, too.
                      If only I could get Mr TDN away from the Turner Classic Movie channel to go to gym and do errands. He is watching all the old Irish movies
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

Top of the Mornin' All

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY

Blondie. Being a New Englander myself, sure would love to be celebrating with lobstah too.

Great to see everyone doing so well.

Special shout out to DG. We never seem to be on the forums at the same time anymore.

Yoga update. I am now on the substitute list at the studio and teaching about once per week. The owner is opening another studio by the end of the year so I am confident that I will be getting my own class soon. I would like to teach 2 or 3 times per week if I can. I'm really enjoying being a part of this yoga community. So many opportunities to learn and grow in my physical and spiritual practice.

Weather is gorgeous and warm here. I'm going to start running again this week. Even though I love yoga. I love the outdoors too and running is such an endorphin boost for me.

I am very Irish but no potatoes, corn beef, etc. for me. Never liked the stuff.

Sunshine. Wish I could go riding with you.

:h to all
                        M3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

Ahhh, after my boys left for golf, the nanny went home and my Italian friend packed herself to the airport I was left home alone, still in PJs, watching telly and having impure thoughts about the rest of the wine left in the fridge. After an hour of fighting it I said Feck it! And poured the bugger into the sink ... I am dissapointed that I cannot trust myself when alone. AL is an insidious fecker!!!

Fly, so happy to hear youu, was close to sending out the search party, ThunderSunny, slowcook TND ... Running Mom, Sugar, blondie - so envious for the lobster fare ...

Better put my party kit on ... Getting ready for my first AF st paddy.
                          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Conas ata tu, Fabines? Happy St Patricks day. Im off to K town to deliver a grad present to the girl. (a nice 2007 toyota Matrix: she gets to pay for half of it). WELL DONE Sugarbeat!

kaslo
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sugarbeat;1281818 wrote: La fheile Padraig sona duit ( a little Irish paddy's day greeting to ye all)
                              Like Sugarbeat said...Happy St Paddy's day all!

I drank Peppermint tea for breakfast with Honey...and I'll switch to green tea later in celebration of the day! It's gorgeous weather here too - and I am still nursing my cold. :upset: I'm jealous of all you getting out for walks on the beach and runs. I want to to go out in the sunshine!

But that's okay I'll get out for a walk later. I can't complain as I never get sick (well hardly ever). Anyway, Blonde - now I've got a hankering for lobster!!

Shue - good for you pouring the wine out. There is no WINE in my house. I have a nice bottle of sparkling AF cold duck (okay it's sparkling grape juice) in case I ever feel too deprived. But so far I haven't opened it. No desire with my cold today!

Sausage - making hotdogs eh?? :H

I think I'll check out turner classics and those old Irish movies. :H:H

Have a great AF day all. One thing's for sure....!

Comment

Working...
                              X