Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Sunday, March 18

Good morning, Abbers!
    Where is Shue?? Greenie???? Luckily I made coffee, and I even have some chocolate dipped strawberries, Irish Potatoes (some I bought, some I made), and some Irish Bread!
    Sun is shining so brightly here, and it is supposed to go to 70 degrees today!! Tomorrow will be cooler, but then the rest of the week we will have summer!!! Can't wait!
    Had a great dinner with friends yesterday, and enjoyed our Shirley Temples! Dirty Harry grabbed several slices of Irish Bread when I was cleaning up, then a coconut Irish Potato when I opend the refrigerator. Miraculously, he let hubby take it from his mouth. That is not typical DH behavior.
    After church this morning, we are going to a big outlet area I haven't been to in five months! Used to do pet food demos at a place there, and have missed it. Hubby will probably freak out when I ask to visit a whole list of places I want to shop at!!! Gee, being "grounded" here makes this seem like a big outing!:H
    Saw Barney Fife at the market yesterday a.m. and didn't recognize him at first--guess cause he was out of uniform! I was smiling when I saw him--smile a lot now--and managed not to flip him the bird! I felt like shouting out:" Can somebody help me find my car keys?" Not funny, I know, but I need a little humor now and then!
    Doesn't it feel good to wake up sans hangover this morning?????
    I have 121 days today--four months!! Unbelievable! One day at a time. . .
    Wishing everybody a wonderful Sober Sunday!!! Will check in later!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Hello and good morning you good people

I've been sitting here staring at the screen waiting for my decaf from shue for an age, Thank god you turned up TND, but strawberries and potatoes are a bit hard core for braekfast for me:H

Not a bad day here, 10c and sun shinning, all the Paddy's day madness has passed, I had a nice tame day, as for the form, I'm tipping away at changig my attitudes and thinking, and I'm feeling the benifits, I got in the mode of handing it over to my invisible manager when I get too overwhelmed, it seems simle really the longer I am sober the better it gets, just let go of the past, the al driving part of my life just surpressed the real me and no point referencing that to create my future

Anyway that's all for now, mossive congrats to you tdn on your 121 day, :goodjob: and to everyone else out there makethe best out of today
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good Sunday morning gang!

I am so happy to wake up this morning Unhungover AND I think my cold is better. Double Yay!

I'm in shock!! Where's Shue with the coffee? Thanks for filling in TDN! I'll pass on the Strawberries and potatoes right now also -- just some coffee please! Have fun at the outlets shopping. And congratulations on 121 days!!!

Sugar - glad to hear you're tipping away at the attitudes and thinking. I'm working at that every day too.

Have a fantastic AF day abbers!

Comment

:yougo:CONGRATS ON 4 AF MONTH, TDN!!:yougo:

It feels pretty good to stand up from a table littered with empty wine, beer and shot glasses, and say... OK I have a long drive so I'm heading home now.

Hi mylife, sugarbeat and all to come.

Rushing off to do some chores so I can kayak later this afternoon. Wheeeeee!!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sugarbeat;1282281 wrote: the al driving part of my life just surpressed the real me and no point referencing that to create my future
          I LOVE THAT!!!
          sigpic

Comment

God I feel good about myself today, tricky party of dat is allowing myself to feel this way without self subbotaging it, god I love change
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

sugarbeat;1282305 wrote: God I feel good about myself today, tricky party of dat is allowing myself to feel this way without self subbotaging it, god I love change
              Hold on to that with both hands and remember to pull it up to re-create it when you need it. You are doing FABULOUSLY!!
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Made my own pot of French roast this morning - really need it :H :H

CONGRATS to TDN for an awesome 4 months AF :yay:
                Happy shopping today too!

Surgabeat, your post made me smile
                Keep that attitude of gratitude, it looks good on you!

Greenie, I just read a post from canadian girl in the Newbies Nest where she described witnessing a drunken puking guy while out to dinner - how gross
                That would be enough to turn me off for a very long time.....

Looking forward to the fog (outside) clearing, the arrival of some sunshine, my kids & grandkids & grilling a whole lot of chicken on the grill today! I have often wondered if the aroma of grilled chicken bothers my hens.......who cares? :H

Have a great day one & all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TDN- thanks for kicking our funday Sunday off
                  Sugar- I can feel your positive thinking all the way from here!
                  Green- NICE job!
                  Lavande- enjoy your day of family and grilling. Yum!

Hubby had one ( he's one of those people) green beer at the restaurant and I had a nice glass of water. My daughter and I had a good time with cracking jokes on why his beer was green. Very mature!
                  Have a great day all and those to drop in.
                  AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Lavande;1282311 wrote: Greenie, I just read a post from canadian girl in the Newbies Nest where she described witnessing a drunken puking guy while out to dinner -
                    Someone peed on the pot of pansies on the paito (sounds like a tongue twister doesn't it?) last night. A woman:egad: It wasn't "that" kind of party, it was her. I keep wondering when they will be blacklisted because of her behavior.

:H on the chickens. See if you notice a change in their laying behavior. Trauma eggs.

Hi famous
                    sigpic

Comment

Good moe-ning Febins....cant type wotj Shite this morernong. Its cause Im n hotel in Okanagan and the pillow =s are all wrong. LOVE your post Sugarbeat You sound great and real and yourself so ohold that thot.
                      Greenie, gross, is wjat Im saying.
                      Good morning to Lav, TDN CONTGRTS TDN whoo hoo!!
                      Shoult ot to all who come. Stupid diny leetle keeyboard sticsk too. Whats whit that ?
                      Took kids to dinner last night Sat at the bar waiting for table and watched all the folks drinking. This is a big wine region in BC but no one was making a nuisns of temselves. Especially moi

Well gotta go shooting, its a nice day here beats all the fringging snow at home, when I left my yard looked like an old WWII B&W of the Somme.

One think is sure

kaslo of the Melting Slush
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Sorry for missing the coffee shift but come on … don’t get your knickers in a twist now.

Woke up late this morning then went with the boys to the golf club. Because I could not trust myself to spend the rest of the day alone in the house … without getting impure thoughts. Bloody pathetic but so very true !

TND – CONGRATULATIONS !!!! And many thanks for the Sunday brunch! Brave move, taking food out of DH’s mounth.

Sugar, you sound better and better each day.

Kaslo – which jar did you stick your fingers into?
                        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

We got in abit of a twist alright shue, tnd was trying to feed us potatoes and strawberries for breakfast
                          That aside, although it may be damn frustrsting at times, I love da way u are so honest about how ur feeling about drink and its power over you, ur not kidding urself, ur fighting back and thats brilliant.

Comment

hidy ho ABerooooos!

3dog thanks for the kickstart and mega kudos on the AFness!

my swollen/sore finger joint will not let me type much. owch. off to doc tomorrow to get it poked/prodded.

don't let anyone pee on your pansies. that's all I have to say about that

Lav, I hope your chickens don't form a mutiny against you

be well friends
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi all
                              Late check in for me here on Day 24. Mr Sausage had a bad migraine today ( and no it wasn't alcohol related as he's given it up for Lent) so I've been busy with the kids.

Those comments about peeing vomiting people have put me off! I'm fine at the moment sipping sparkling grape juice. Need to catch up on some of the other threads and I'll try and drop by here again later.

Take care x

Comment

Working...
                              X