does anyone feel like their eating more now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, a quick question I have been doing my MWO for a week now. It really is helping me cut by drinking dramatically. From 2-3 bottles of wine anight to 2 glasses. But, I am finding that I want to eat more now. I am always hungry. I fear that I am going to gain weight.( Ithink I would rather be drunk than fat .....another issue I have) I run a hour a day and do pilates and ab lounge. I almost feel like the alcohol always curbed my apetite. Has anyone else had this issue? maybe RJ mention's it in her book I've only just started it. any insight would be helpful Thanks

Yes, I find I am hungrier more often and snacking but nothing is filling. I am drinking tons of water, tea, sparking water....I think it will get better as your body adjusts to not so much sugar......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I also think that, at least in my case, my stomach was simply used to being filled up with something, usually booze. Now that I am not drinking, I need to retrain it to not need to feel that way otherwise I'll eat myself out of house and home.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I find I am eating more. I am actually eating! When I was drinking, I did not want to 'ruin the glow', so I barely ate. You wont gain more weight by eating and not drinking. It will all level out in a matter of time. Like Lush said, your body is craving all of those calories from the sugar. Eat lots of protien and fibre - will keep you fuller longer. And do drink lots of water. (I have those same weight issues! I would of rather been drunk than get fat). Ultimately I gained more weight from drinking that I ever did from eating.

Comment

Same as you acct...i would never eat as it would stop me getting more drunk an then would pass out an sleep all night only to wake up feeling sick and unable to eat.....whereas now, i can go to bed at whatevertime (sober) and everynight i will wake up at least once with the munchies and i jus cant control them!!!! alltho iv been absolutely hammering the gym to try and stop this taking effect on my fatness!!! I think we need to find a supp that takes away there wierd cravings!!!!
          Anyone have any ideas??!!!
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Lou, as long as you exercise you will be fine! I too, get the late evening munchies! I find myself just STARVED in the evenings but I totally kick my brain's/stomach's arse and don't give into it. I eat pretty darn well during the day and get my fair share of exercise. I don't want to substitute the late evening drink with food. It will eventually level out. We spent so long shoving alcohol down our throats. We must expect some time for our bodies to come down and balance itself out from consuming all of those empty calories.

Eat well, exercise, and drink lots of water.

Comment

drink lots of water, and make sure you eat a hearty breakfast.
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

yes! but still consuming less calories than I was with the booze,and I am more active as I can get my bum out of bed at the weekend and go to the gym as I'm not hungover.
                having said that would like weight to come off quicker!!!
                one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                X