Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, March 20

Good glorious morning chickies and chooks ,

I am in a little funk ? not my usual chirpy self (could be a number of things but my money is on the fact that I have not seen the inside of a gym in over a month) ? so I am self medicating this morning with Belgian antidepressants ( called Cherry Trufinnes) . I am no chocaholic so please tell me the uplifting effect sets in quickly.

I brewed some extra strong French roast (I am already on my 3rd cup), Sugar ? your kiddie coffee is on the side (be happy you don?t have caffeine too on the addiction list). The box of Belgian truffles is opened, help yourselves.

Special welcome to Ditzy, tell us a bit about yourself , now that your liver in on holiday you can talk behind his back

And Sunni ? you were my sleep fairly last night ? I dreamt of TajMaHorse and the lovely Argentine horses.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning! It is 2am here. Can't sleep. I've got 2 of my kiddos next to me. Hubby's at work until Wednesday. Had a slip up yesterday. There was absolutely no reason for it. There never is. I'm ready to give myself up and do whatever it takes to be done with this. I will check in every day. I feel like I need you all more than ever now. I'll be getting my plan together.
    Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Hey Mountain Momma - I am in the chat room if you need me.

Comment

I somehow can't access the chat room. I'm on my phone. Thank you for being here. I'm going to try and sleep. Gotta be up in 4 hours.

Comment

Hello fellow abbers..hope tuesday finds you all well and happy.

Roast chook is in the oven (sorry Lav LOL) and smelling very nice..

Shue - I tried to PM you but your profile does not allow PM's??

have a fabu day all xx

Comment

xpost to Det, Turn, Shue and Sunny - thanks for the chat today - it was much better and more enjoyable than working lol

maybe catch ya wed/thurs if you are around

xx

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Shue - sorry to hear you are in a funk - but the french roast sounds great! It will have you picked up in no time.

Mum and SunGG - I love hearing your horse stories! And SunGG I have to agree - those stables and tack rooms look beautiful! I would have no idea what to do with any of that - but it's great to see!

While all of you up north are starting to experience spring I'm noticing it is starting to get unseasonably hot here - we're still only in March and I think it was nearly 90 (Farenheit) yesterday!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF Tuesday.

Comment

Shue- coffee AND chocolate? Thank you kindly. Much needed after my whopping 2 hours of sleep.
                These storms have been non stop all night long (do you hear Lionel Ritchie?)

mtnmomma- I can feel you are ready to make a change. Stick around!

Mum- what on earth is chook??? I'll have to Google!

Mylife- good morning! The temps are crazy everywhere aren't they???

If these storms keep up, I may need one of you to send a canoe. Happy Tuesday all. I'll check in L8R
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Wow, this is a busy place this a.m.!
                  MtnM, welcome. I had seen some of your posts a while back. Glad you came here. Just keep coming to read and post and get all the support you need!:l
                  Shue, French Roast and truffles? Oh, my, that is over the top, and I am trying to cut back on sugar--haha!! Making another batch of cake pops later on for my little kiddy group tomorrow, and am telling myself I will resist:l eating any myself, LOL!! I'm sure the gym will help your mood. How you find the time to do all you do amazes me!! i am going to check out photobucket--thanks!!
                  Sunni, the tack room is gorgeous!!! I told you before that I could move into that barn! And the poor dirty boys--I'm sure they are very sorry for the trouble they've caused you!!:H Glad the trailer is unstuck!
                  pap3, will gladly have you at the cottage, once it warms up permanently, as there is no heat over there. Not sure your three paps would be thrilled with the three stooges, although they love other dogs!
                  It was again close to 80 degress here yesterday, will be like that again today and tomorrow, then mid-eighties on Thursday!! I am always so white, but may actually start tanning at a local place where they have a special deal for the month of April. I know, tanning is bad, but I am sick of being pasty white, and just want to get a base. May try to sit out in the sun this afternoon.
                  Meeting at noon, but that is all for the day! Dropped off my resume yesterday at the insurance company looking for a part time person (three days a week.) Just ahead of me was a nut who was a substitute teacher at the high school (crazy place I described yesterday.) Didn't know she was still around. She was going on about her wonderful skills with customers She didn't see me and probably wouldn't remember me. Nice thing is that the woman who greeted me-think she's the owner's daughter--told me one of the agents I worked for had mentioned I might apply. i had told his partner when i went to see about my insurance issue last week. I am really still hoping for th library job, but I will be happy to have any job right now.
                  I hope everyone has a fab day!!
                  TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Day 3 for Ditzy!!!

Good morning peeps, hope them truffles work their magic Shue!!! I've just had tatty soup for my breakfast Still at least its healthy!! It's a nice bright day outside so gonna get dressed and give my legs some stick before I go into work - the daylight is good for your mood Shue so if ur in a funk get out and about it'll soon make u feel better:thumbs: I've been asked for some thing about myself - what can I say, nearly 49 years old, single but live with my beautiful cat Spicy we've been together nearly 14 years and I love the absolute bones of her!! :h I've been married and divorced 3 times, no children cos of dodgy ovaries, I'm rubbish with money but good with people, love food and drink but need to give the latter up for my phsyical health and mental health, been on antidepressants for about 17 years but hoping to come off them soon:yay: ...........phew that's enough info for one day, hope you all have a great AF day xxxxxx
                    Feel the fear and do it anyway! :spider:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

"Feel the fear and do it anyway." ditzy I like that!!! I was 49 when I first came to MWO and 50 when I took my last drink.

Shue - hope the chocolate has worked its magic by now!

Mtnmomma - Maybe this is your turning point. A couple of things that have been different for me about this last AF stretch: 1) totally giving up on the notion that I can ever have just one and 2) becoming willing to do ANYTHING - even the stuff I swore was "not for me" in order to stay sober. I hope it's your time!

TDN - tanning ROCKS. That is all. :lalala: to the naysayers. My last remaining vice. Well, I still have several but you get my drift!

Mylife - 80's here all week too. 87 is predicted for tomorrow and it's actually been getting several degrees hotter than predicted all week.

Hi Almost Famous (AF ) and all fABbies to come. Busy day ahead here with an unexpected car problem to boot. Glad I'm not hungover or chained to my bottle so I can deal with it!

One thing is for sure.....there will be no drinking for me today.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Quick morning poke in... Happy Tuesday, Fabbernoodles!

Shue.. sleep fairy, huh? I gotta stop moonlighting.. no wonder I'm so dog tired! :H Glad you had happy dreams! How are those truffles holding up? Any left? *drool*

Welcome (back) MtnMomma! Hope you'll get some rest.
                        MumOfTwo... PM sent (sandwich alert)
                        Mylife... we've already gone past 20Celsius here (in MARCH) but I'd rather gnaw off a leg than complain :H
                        Almost... chook=chicken I don't have a canoe to send ya, but I'll share some flippers!?
                        TDN... oh, good luck with the application! I'm still crossing fingers for the library job, though
                        Happy Day Three, Ditzy!
                        DG.. vices? You? :H

Ok, better get my arse in motion (and preferably, the rest of me, too). Will check in after lessons tonight.. wish me luck
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yeah I feel I'm done. I'm kind of scared right now but I love tag line Feel the fear and do it anyway. I can't drink. Period. Well we've got warm weather up here in the Rockies. I'm at 10,000 ft elevation and it's going to be 60 F all the rest of the week. Our winters last until mid May. Pretty crazy.

Comment

Shue--Thanks for getting us started today. I'm sorry that you're feeling funky. I'm with you on the gym thing. I've practically got an entire gym in my basement. Really nice set up. I just can't seem to get my lazy ass down there. I feel so much better when I do. Must put that on my to-do list today.

MtnMomma--Glad to have you here. Drinking certainly doesn't help with sleep, but even sober it seems like sleep is becoming more and more elusive the older I get.

Mum--Does chook=chicken?

Mylife--Oh Florida gets so incredibly hot! I have relatives there and don't visit in the summer time.

Almost--Another non-sleeper! Have you tried melatonin?

TDN--Positive job vibes to you. And I don't think a little bit of sun is bad. It's a good way to get Vitamin D.

Ditzy--Congrats on Day3! And thanks for the intro. I'm a cat lover too. :h

DG--What is it with car trouble? One of ours is in the shop now too. My husband took our car today. I'm left with a less than reliable truck that sometimes won't start. I've got to run to the store and I'm anticipating being stuck in the parking lot with warming groceries. I've got to think positive though!

Sunny--Good luck with your lessons today. Hope the Sleep Fairy stops by your house tonight.

I'm feeling pretty well. Headaches have been lessening since my injections. I need to get some motivation to actually do some things around here! I did increase my melatonin at night and I have been sleeping like I've been in a coma the last 2 nights! I'll take it!

Comment

rant alert

Hi guys ? the Belgian thingies have worked their magic (I got a sugar high, chocolate itself never did anything for me) , but I?ve got to get something off my chest:

The ?voice? keeps telling me I can mod now, ?you could have A beer, it does not have to be an AF one, you could get A glass of perrier with a little wine in it; then you can get back to your AF friends again?. I know it is all lies but I feel I came so far and I am disappointed in myself for having these thoughts. I am disappointed I feel so weak.

I am travelling tomorrow for work (hooray ? will get to see the sea) ? then skiing over the weekend. But deep down inside I feel that I am this close to allowing myself a lil? one. I actually feel physically very tired ? big trigger in the past. It?s like I have no energy left to fight it. I DON?T want the drink, the drink wants ME. And I am fighting it over and over. I stopped the supplements but I think I need to get back on again. I am seriously considering Antabuse as the next step ? but cannot get it asap. Fresh air and 5HTP + LGlut will have to do for now.

The AL voice is playing with me, found a chink in my tired armor and it is now relentlessly needling in.

Sorry for the rant ? Can I get a hug?

Also ? any one of you is welcome to slap me back into reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X