Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday March 21

Good morning, FabberAbbers,

Quick post from the airport, I left the French press full for you, sugar, I'll have to get your decaf from Starbucks.

Have a plan for this trip - and it involves the beach and my running shoes.

Many many thanks to all of you who chimed in with very good advice and hugs.

Have a lovely day.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

BIG CONGRATULATIONS, SUGAR !!!!
    :h:h:goodjob::h:h
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning-

Det- great news from your dr. appt. I was just reading about that particular diet.

Kas- I hope your cookie was fabulous.

Shue- safe travels! Enjoy that beach and those running shoes.

I am on day 29 and happy to be here. I have many social things coming up over the next few months and really need to think about what I will say and do. We have company coming next month and I will have to buy alcohol of some sort. Dreading that, but I will get through it. I read so many posts of people having "beastly" thoughts the last couple days and wonder if they ever go away.

Wishing everyone a fabulous hump day!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Oh shue, thank you kindly as always for the old decaf, you're as good ;: So you were having the old beastly thoughts yesterday. Now I haven't had time to swing through all the posts from yesterday, it was fairly hectic on the tread,

But number 1 congrats on taming the beast, well done you

and Number 2 take it from someone who got up on the beast plenty of times, its all a load of bull, someone once told me to personify those feelings into something outside of you, I once mentioned to this person that I felt I was cursed by an old hag, then he told me to use that image and this might sound mad but when I get an urge or go very negative I just dismiss the old hag and say no thanks, never waste your attention on something you do not want, god I do sound mad

The arrival of the beast or the hag is so sneeky, there are 2 senarios that can occur for me, I can either overwhelm myself with memories of the past (project that into the future) and drown myself with insecure feelings about myself (all very irrational) or it could be the complete opposite, I'll lose the memory of all that has happened and think in the moment that I'm ok again, its so bizarrre, and which ever way it arrives it can lead me down that dark path again where everything inevitably gets worse. No matter how we are all feeling now be it good or bad, if we are not drinking your life is getting better wether you know it or not, together we are getting stronger at seeing it for what it is.

Okey dokey that's me over and out for now, have a great day all
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!

Shue, have a great trip--beach sounds nice! A good walk or run will clear your head! Glad you posted yesterday, and glad you got through it. It is odd that so many of us had kind of an "off" day yesterday. But we got through it, and that is the important thing!
          Sugar--:goodjobn 30 or so days!!! Very exciting! How are your meetings going?
          Almost--almost 30 for you, too, girl!! Maybe the company could bring their own AL? Do they know your situation? You'll figure it out.
          Lav, you must be pooped!! You don't need Curves with days like that!
          Must go and feed the Three Stooges!! Then hit the shower and roll my cake pops in chocolate. Have the kids' group this a.m., then meeting, then flower shop, then gym. And it is going up to high 70's again!!! Love it!!
          Check back later.
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Cross post, Sugar!!
            Wow, that was a powerful message!! Thank you very much, and again, huge CONGRATS!
            My big trigger is Mr TDN, but I had quite an attitude adjustment last week and things are 100% better!
            :lTDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi Abbers!

Almost, we are on day 29!!! Yay!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I finally have a chance to catch up on here as you know I am straight out on the weekends and even the beginning of this week turned out to be quite busy. By the time I get home from the gym at night, all I want to do is eat and go to bed! So, although I am not on MWO daily, I am still routing and thinking of you all and will check in a few times a week!

Feeling really positive about things today...tomorrow is a milestone for me and I am really getting into the swing of sobriety so to speak. Meaning, I don't think about drinking all the time like I did in the first 2 weeks. Now, when I think of it, I think to myself....why would I actually want to drink? What good would it do for me? Nothing! I have a visual of my insides, where the AL goes gushing straight to my poor liver and it goes..."oh shit!" So, I don't want to do that to my poor organs anymore. Again, why would I drink? It does nothing for me. And now that the daily habit is no longer in my life, the desire is less and less. Last year I made it just over 2 months sober, and I remember after 60 days, I really really felt great. I know it will only get better and better from this moment forward!

Hi to all checking in! I see everyone is doing well! Congrats to Sugar! You are beating it!!!

BEAUTIFUL day here and I am lucky to have the next 2 days ALL to myself...no work, just going to enjoy myself, go to the gym, take long walks, catch up on reading, do some house organizing (which I actually like to do). RELAX! Hope you all have a great day!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Sugar- way to go girl!!!!!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
                Yes, all those are intentional!!!!

TDN- no such luck. They are flying in from another state. No one knows "my situation" really. I was a binge drinker and would be fine at their home with one or two or sometimes none. Oh, but I could make up for lost time in the privacy of my own home!!!! I'll get through it. It's one of many obstacles coming up I'm afraid.

Blonde- woo hoo we've almost made the big 3-0.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Day 3 for Ditzy!!! (again!!)

Yesterday didn't go too well - was so stressed at work and I bought a bottle of wine and some soda water and had the full bottle :upset: Still got to keep trying and everytime I fall on my face (metaphorically speaking :H) I will just pick myself up again. So here goes with day 3 mark 2!! :thumbs: Glad that you're all doing so well, it gives me hope for the future :goodjob:
                  Feel the fear and do it anyway! :spider:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Good morning my friends!

Shue--The beach sounds fabulous and so do you. You sound like you're in a much better place today. Enjoy the sun; what a contrast to all of the skiing you've been doing!

Almost and Blonde--We are gonna party tomorrow! Big, big day coming up for the two of you!

Sugar--Congratulations! You are amazing! Look at how far you've come in the past month. You've totally changed your outlook on life.

TDN--Mmmmm, cake pops! Sounds like a plan today. Positive job vibes to you.

Ditzy--The only way you can fail at this is if you quit trying.

It's a great day to be AF. I don't find myself thinking about it a whole lot, if at all. I don't know why this time feels different, but I just have no desire or cravings. I know that I need to be vigilant to the booze talk sliding in when I'm not looking, but so far so good. Work is on the agenda for today. I think I'll go hop on the treadmill before I have to get ready. I'm sitting here listening to my neighbor's crazy rooster crowing. He starts at about 4am and now it's after 10am and he's still crowing! :H

Comment

Goog morning Fabinees WOW Sugarbeat, very powerful post, you sound great, healing and repair is going on I can tell. Almost F and Blonde, congrats, you both sound terrific. Shue enjoy that beach, running or walking along a beach sounds pretty good to me right now. Hi TDN Big shout to Turn,Det, Marshy, Pap, P3 LavChook, and all others.

This is the abstinence thing... I felt pretty down yesterday, and realized I was low in vitamin D, and ima going to get outside today...I am over a year off the sauce, so I dont act on strange thots just think them, wonder where they came from, figure it out, move to replace the feelings with something positive. My daughter has been telling me quite a bit about her positive psycology course. to sum it up, it is focused on finding what reinforces positive aspects of life and thinking and putting the emphasis on that, instead of dwelling on what is going wrong.

cross post Fly, have a great day...

One thing is for sure.. Kaslo, of the No Snow (today)
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Morning Fabby Abbies!

Whoohooo Sugar Cube! :woot: Well done and we get to partaaay some more tomorrow, too!

Perhaps I figured out today what's been a'brewin. With spending so much time at the barn and seeing it all come together... I miss Sophie. I still miss her nicker every morning. It's almost been a year since the accident and so much of the planning in the barn was for her and because of her. So, I had myself a mini melt-down this morning. It's ok to mourn. Sophie was the last of three deaths in short order last year and all of them come knocking now and then.

So, I will keep plugging away and deal with my feelings like an adult. One thing is for sure!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good late morning Abbers,

Sunni, I miss Sophie too :l
                          Good that you were able to get a good read on what was bringing you down. Always better to be prepared & take appropriate action

Congrats to Sugar & those on day 29 - awesome!!!

Fly, roosters are stupid as hell :H
                          I win't keep one anymore & I'm actually glad the one across the road got eaten by a raccoon three years ago:H

Kaslo, I am all about the power of positive thinking!
                          I actually did an online course just before I found MWO & I really believe it helped me succeed

I have been to Curves & now I am turning around & going back out for a hair cut & some food shopping. Just realized I am on the schedule for another 13 hr babysitting marathon tomorrow oh joy

Have a wonderful AF Wednesday everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AWwwwe... I remember you describing the loss of a mare, Sunbut. Thats awful. Well I know what that is like. I can still hear my black mares soft hello in my mind, and that was back in 1972. I dont dare get up on a horse again with two hip replacements, so I hope you will describe and photograph more of whats going on.

Here are some friends of mine from my side of the country.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Babies crying, roosters crowing, guess it's all the same :H Just checking in. Got a pretty busy day here. Let go of tensions, inpatience and just grabbing the day. Have a great one everybody!!
                              Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                              X