I Read To My Wife Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the benefits of being AF I have failed to mention, but one I want to pay attention to, is that I now read before dropping off to sleep. I was reading in bed last night, and felt compelled to share with my wife what I was reading. I called to her to see if she was within listening range, and I then began to read out loud some of the passages. She came into my bedroom, lay beside me, listened to more of what I read, and we began one of the most satisfying conversations we have had in years. I?ve read to my children and grandchildren in bed before, but this was the first time I?ve read to my wife.

Cap

Cap,

That's the nicest, most moving thing I've read here in a long time. Thank you for making my morning.

Comment

Aww Cap, that is a great story.......
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

How cool!
        I gotta share that my new friend and I have found that in our relationship. Its the coolest thing I could ever have imagined. He reads to me! In bed before we fall asleep. I usually like reading myself to sleep. So he has taken an interest and wanted to take turns reading to each other.
        hee hee At first I felt kinda uncomfortable but thought I'd give it a try. I have decided I like him just reading to me cuz it feels so loving and nuturing to me. I cuddle up to him and let him read me to sleep.

Its just wonderful! : )
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

That truly is wonderful -- to see how being sober can improve communication and relationships! Thanks for sharing that, Cap. And Gabby, it's great to see you!

~ Mike
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

thanks mike!
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hello Gabby,

I wondered where you've been. Sounds like you are in a good place and relationship.

Check in from time to time. You have helped so many people here.

Cap

Comment

What a loving, nurturing, mate-type "loving feeing"! So soft. Thanks for sharing!

:l

Best, AKA

Sherry
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

This thread has been very inspirational -- as someone only 11 days AF, it is encouraging to see people farther down the road - where life can be more rewarding...where the joys begin to emerge again. It's hard for me to imagine now but your stories help me try. Thanks!
                  sri

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Like Sri I'm new to this and look forward to having many clear and sober evenings with my hubby and kids.

Have a terrific day everyone!
                    Colorado Chick!
                    Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

Cap,

I have been reading every night too since I'm not passed out...Much better way to go to sleep isn't it?
                      Control the Mind

Comment

Cap, that is lovely!
                        d

Comment

Cap, that was great to read. As a few others said, it gives us newbees things to look forward to when we are further down the road.
                          where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                          X