Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical March Marchers - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Just noticed that we into the last week of March so started us off. Any ideas for a name for april. We all loved Dill's story about the geese - how about Amazing April Geese?

Lav - thanks for the photo, Mimom certainly deserves a rest.

It is bright and sunny here this morning. We are a bit like England and Scotland Rusty, you could have all 4 seasons in one day but as sunshine and really, really nice weather do not come along very often, we appreciate it when it does come. Plan to spend as much time as I can out in the garden.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Morning everyone!

Rustop - great idea! Loved the story and I think we can all imagine ourselves flying in formation and keeping each other on track here!

Weather won't be as good for us here but still warm - 70 degrees today so guess I won't complain about a little rain - we need it.

Heading to the mall with my daughter today - miss her terribly - she moved out back in September so guess I'm dealing with a little empty nest syndrome.

Okay - off to do a little cleaning and then hit the stores!

Have a great AF day everyone!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hiya Rustop, Jolie, and all to follow,

I'm a bit of a goose, so that name sounds good to me. :H

Hope all are well and happy. Have a great weekend everyone. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wow, I slept in, so will have to hurry to make WW this morning. Lovely soft rainy morning, a little cooler, so extemely GREEN.

April is right around the corner, and I love Amazing April Geese, let's go for it.

Cyn, we can pick who we are? What is the name of that book again and the author, I remember a discussion about a doctor whohad a stroke, but need the name. There IS something so special about cut flowers in the house. I have hyacinth and daffodils but know my cats would ruin them, so just enjoy them from outside.

Rusty, remembering the struggle makes it so undesirable, feeling horrible and sick while trying to act OK is too much anymore, not when you can have health and really feel good.

Sunni, your horses are your passion, you are so lucky to be able to do what you love.

Lav, wow, I forgot how fun little ones can be.

Rustop, enjoy the day.

To all have a great day.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning Marchers,

Slept in a bit myself this morning ~ needed it

G - you are a bit of a goose but always glad to see you :H

Jolie, enjoy your day inside shopping - perfect weather for it I think!

Rustop, hope you get to do everything you want to do outside today. I do like the name for April!

cyn, I've seen those huge froggys in my backyard. The creek is 1/4 mile uphill but they seem to make it back & forth without a problem.

Star, the little ones are a lot of fun AND a lot of work

OK, need to launch my guilt plan on YB. I want to buy my paint today!!!!!
          I also need to starting planning my 3 year AF party for Monday ~ you are all invited

Have a great day!!!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Off to my Saturday breakfast the tiny 50?s diner but wanted to say Star your comment about the effect on the spirit ?when the other spirits are in our body? made me grin. Booze really does exaggerate both the reality and the illusion of separation. Also Cyn, I too am just beginning to let ?thoughts aren?t reality? truly sink in, it is quite slow and huge for me, more like a glacier carving a path:H. SD, thank you as well for helping me get through the estrangement that can come with first discovering your sober self; it has undone me in the past and sharing this is a huge inspiration. Hello my Lav and Dill, hello Rusty, Jolie, Rustop, Blondie, Dew, Sooty, Shelley, G., Raven, Sunni (I adore horses), Rusty, Chill, et. al. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Hi guys

Playing around on photobucket, going to see if I can post some photos!!!

Not working going to play around some more.

Rustop

Comment

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...-Evelyn-92.jpg
                http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...ofDSCN0143.jpg
                http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...3674808252.jpg

Comment

Ok enough play for one day. Sunni reminded me about photobucket and I had only used it once so decided to play around. One hour later I am still here!! You have all read about daughters pony and of course the doggies. That's our goldie and the JR who died at xmas. Took the goldie for a long walk and she lay in a dirty puddle because it was so hot. Off now to clean my floors again.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Oh Rustop! Thank you for the photos. Your daughter's horse reminds me of a book I read as a child called "The Silver Brumby". It was a horse book, of course. Your horse and dogs were a treat to see. Also, thank you for starting us off on week 4!

Lav, that picture was priceless!

LBH, have you found homes for your baby shubunkins yet? Do you think you have too many for your pond to sustain? We still have our 7 koi going on year 3 now. Well, I think we have all seven, but I don't know for sure yet. They have just begun coming up to the surface when we throw out food to them. The ones we have seen are healthy and quite long: maybe 10-12 inches!

I love the idea of weaving the geese theme into our April title.

Have a great weekend everyone!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The paint has been purchased :yay:
                      Now I just need to start getting it on the walls - eventually

LBH, I miss my little fish pond from our former home. I don't know if our buyers ever kept up with it & they have since moved so who knows??

Rustop, thank you for the pics
                      Lovely family you have there!
                      (btw - on photobucket - if you copy & paste the IMG code right here in your post it should imbed the pic for you - that's what I do).

Dill, you gotta love a kid who eats with both hands :H
                      I just enjoy watching him eat!!!! He's eating more than his big brother these days.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello fabulous marching band!

I'm more mad than magical or marching today... had to make a trip to the semi-big smoke and I'm just *ugh* SO not a shopping person! There's a reason I hide on a stump in the woods! :H

Oh, Rusty, beautiful grey you've got there! And so sorry to hear about your JR I'm actually mentally preparing for Shelby (chow/collie x) to leave us in the not so distant future :upset: He's only 12 but the tumors in his mouth are growing SO fast now and if anything touches his gums now, they bleed and he's in pain. Going to see what the vet says when she comes out next month. The nice thing about living in the country is that the vet makes farm calls. So, I usually get all the critters vaccinated and checked out in one shot.

Ok, I better tend to unpacking (which I also detest) and I see a bath followed by putting on brand spanking new dollar store fluffy socks. That'll put my world right again :H

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! And I love the April honker theme! Speaking of which.. they're baaaa-ack! Spring, indeed!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Rustop-great pics!! So happy to see the horse and the pups, esp. your dear JR may he RIP. At first I wanted to know why the pony had 5 legs then I realized it was his tail wrapped in something! :H silly Papmom!!

Wrote about my day on the Week 3 thread so won't bore you with copying and pasting.

Lav-cant' wait for your party!! Will be bringing something super special!!

Sunni-so sorry to hear about Shellby'stumors. Ugh. Extra hug for him tonite!

Who asked for the book? It is called "My Stroke of Insight" and it is unbelievably good! Its even better on audio book and she reads it herself.

Food for the kids is 2 hours overdue so must run!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Morning Guys

Wishing you all a happy peaceful and sober Sunday.
                            I have been incredibly busy and time is just going so fast.

Yesterday I had my monthly meeting with my Positively Alive Group and they threw a surprise lunch for me, complete with balloons & pink cake. I feel so blessed to have met such wonderful people and even though it was for such a short time, they have really touched my heart and made me feel I belonged.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning everyone

There is something about waking up to a bright sunny morning that lifts your spirits.

Chill - Aww that was a lovely thing for them to do. See there are wonderful people all around us.

Papmom - well done you for spotting the tail bandage. We were on our way back from a show and she let him out in our garden for some grass. Dad not too impressed!!!

Lav - Thanks for the tip. Good luck with the guilt tripping, you deserve to have those walls painted.

Sunni - sorry about your doggie. Our JR was 11 and had all sorts of health problems. He was such a character we will never forget him. I am a bit like you, not really a shopper. It's ok for an hour, two max and then I am happy to get back to the countryside.

Big hello to everyone else, hope you all have a fantastic Sunday.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X