Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday March 24

Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey !!!

First - big shout out to Sausageand Library Girl, congrats on hitting the big 3 O'.
    :wave:
    I made pancakes for everyone this morning and I left the french press full for you.

The sun on the ski runs is awesome ... I was the only chirpy birdie in our chalet this AM. Cooked pancakes for the kids and a fry for slightly green adults... He he he .... I am LOVING waking up sober.

Have a super weekend Affies
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi Shue and all to follow

You sound so full of energy this am. I agree sober mornings are great!

Yes I'm celebrating 30 days today!! Wow 1 whole month since I last had alcohol ( 23rd Feb) , the month has gone very quickly. Wouldnt have got there without the support of everyone here, thanks again everyone and thanks for the congratulations Shue.

Have a great AF Saturday and weekend everyone, I'll be back later.

Sausage x
    Day 30 !!

Comment

Good morning all,

Sausage, you rock!!!!!!!! Let's go for another 30.
      Keep on keeping on.
      Good job Shue tucking your friend in. They will feel like crapola and you won't.

Lav- now he is one cute dinner companion. Why is sauce cute on a baby but not an adult????

Off to Home Depot. Jealous? Yeah, I though not.
      Have a tea-riffic Saturday you all.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Morning Shue, Snags and all to come,

Congratulations Sausage, and Library girl! Huge achievement.

Wishing all a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

X-post Almost famous. Hola to you. You are rocking it!

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sausage--CONGRATS!!!!:goodjob: We have had lots of big parties this week and all AF!!! Very uplifting!
            Shue of the endless energy and enthusiasm--your friends and family shure are lucky to have you!!! And has to feel good being the only adult feeling really chipper
            Almost, Home Depot doesn't sound bad to me, as one who can't drive!:H When I was in rehab, I got all excited about our Monday evening trips to Walmart--a place I rarely shopped at otherwise. And I like Home Depot. Lots to look at and buy.
            Had a bad day at AA yesterday, and won't go into details, but I am left with a huge cake planned for a guy celebrating 35 years, and was accused by a very sick woman of calling her ex-husband!! Too crazy for me. Going to take a little break from that group. Am going to a big anniversary dinner/meeting tonight with my sponsor at another group and am looking forward to it. No gym again today so I can stay off my foot.
            Finally getting back to more "seasonable" temps :upset: and looks like rain. As long as it isn't snow!!!
            Been reading some other threads, and saw some distressing things.
            Okay, wishing everyone a happy AF Saturday.
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the pancakes & coffee shue. I can picture the green adults smelling the bacon :H

Speaking of bacon, CONGRATS again to Sausage on 30 AF days - great work!

Almost, I really love to see my dinner dates enjoying my cooking :H
              That kid is one mega eater - uses both hands!!!

Good moring G! Seeing you everywhere today

TDN, sorry your meeting was bad yesterday. Dealing with people's paranoid delusions is not fun, just a part of life I guess Hope you enjoy tonight's dinner/meeting.

Rain here today as well which messes up my plans to continue outdoor cleanup SO I will be pestering YB to help me drag home 10 gallons of paint. He doesn't quite know it yet but he is going to either rent scaffolding to paint the vaulted ceiling in the living room or pay someone else to get it done :H
              Then I have to get busy planning my 3 year AF party here for Moday. You are all invited!!!!!

Have a great AF Saturday y'all.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, can't wait for the party!!! Three years!! Holy cow, that is wonderful!!
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Fabinskis

Thanks Shue-ski for being you and waxing all those other guys this morning. I dont miss facing a cold mountain with a hangover for sure.

CONGRATULATIONS Almost, Sausage and Library Girl!! Like GMan says BIG ACHIEVEMENT!!

:goodjob:

Well I am feeling like a million bucks this morning. One of the main advantages to being AF, the mornings rule.

So yesterday I took a day for spring cleaning, and really enjoyed it. The house looks great and I have a lot of the lawns and beds cleaned, those that are still not under old snow. Today I have to go to Nelson, and do a groc shop. Used to go to the big fancy wine store there and spend a fortune buying expensive wine and feeling oh so sophisticated and wealthy. ha ha. WHAT a joke and a sham that is.

So dusting off the and inflating the kayak later today, but its still a bit early. I see most boaters are wearing dry suits or wet suits with winter gear, and I dont have a wetsuit. I think my big heavy orange survival suit would look pretty funny in a little orange inflatable kayak. Infact I think I would just get stuck in there and have to be deflated to be extracted from it! :H Also starting seeds. AND I have to go see if the vegetation on my beach study is coming up yet!! Whooo Hoooo! I do not miss alcohol.

Love to everyone on this fine March day.:h

Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Just checking in to say Hi.

Hope you are all having a fab AF day.

Congrats to all those achieving milestones WELL DONE.

Midnight here..supposed I should be going to bed LOL.

xx

Comment

Sausage - you are SIZZLIN'!!!!

You're back amongst the living because you are stronger than any addiction and you're getting even stronger every day.

Keep rockin' it, babeee!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hey Ho, FABbios!

Before I forget, Sausage.. you rock INDEED! Congratulations!

Now... ya'll ready for a rant? Retail therapy my ass! I HATE shopping! I mean, just despise it! The traffic, the people, the stores always in the middle of re-arranging, the pimply no-good-for-nuttn 'sales associates' that got stuck with the weekend shifts... ohhhhhhh! OK. That's better. Breathe. :H

Sorry 'bout that. Back to your scheduled programming... and one thing is for sure!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunni :H :H
                          I am a HUGE fan of online shopping these days, just because.......
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oh fine, Turn stole my pun! lets see..... Sausage you are smokin!!!!!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Well I came away from the steeplechase races unscathed! Gorgeous weather and I broke even on the money and I feel pretty good after a day in the sun because I drank seltzer & cranberry w/ lime all day. I think I got the one person sorted out that I REALLY don't drink at all so that's all taken care of. Our spot is right by a jump and a horse & rider went down on the last lap. They got up and walked around but it freaked me out. The horsey ambulance came in a bit so I guess they take them to the vet and check them over after a fall. Sunnybutt?

You folks are lookin' good racking up the time and lav coming up on 3 years!

Tomorrow's museum trip got rescheduled so I think I'll go to the swamp - the one I didn't go to last Sunday because of the prescribed burn.

AF life is so much better than sitting home drinking. Oh and when I got home, I ran a bath and I slipped on the wet bathroom floor and cracked the shit out the side of my head on the door frame. If I'd been drinking all day it'd probably resulted in something a lot worse than a goose egg. I guess I ought to ice it.
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X