Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday March 29

Good morning, Fab Affers,

More Lavazza coffee for you today, mild and creamy. Paging Sugar? Come and get your decaf, dear and please please please tell us how you are. The good, the bad and the ugly ? we can take it.

Sausage ? great work !!!

Sunni ? I am not a natural with horses but something in Argentina just clicked. Now I am hooked!!! In a few weeks we will go trekking on the mountain here. Cannot wait!!!

Fly ? Hormones be damned!!! Glad you are a bit better!!! So kind of you to remember my first post ever ? God was I lost or what?. I thought if I laid down and closed my eyes in the forest I would surely die ? the hangover was that bad !!!

Det ? have you been sprinkling garlic essence in the Bellagio fountains ??? I heard people complained ?.

Lav ? you must feel like the queen ? corgi by your side.

I hope to get to boob camp later ? if I ever finish up in the office.

Have a wonderful day, affies!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Fear not I'm good, call off the guards, I've been wallowing a bit for the last 2 days, lurking but not writing, sitting back drinking your decaf shue and grumbling to myself

First up thanks you all especially Shue and Kaslo for all the advise and support re the job situation, you guys are truly brilliant. I'm off to a nice chap in a recruitment agency today to point me in the right direction, fingers toes and legs crossed.

I'm going to have a look at what goin on with the rest of ye and will check in later again

PS, I post in other threads too but I kinda feel like I'm checkin in at home when I write here, I feel really cared for here
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Aww shucks, I feel the same about coming here …

Kalso the wise has made so many good points … I am much less experienced, yet I do have 21 people working for me. Sugar, we cannot sugarcoat it for you, looking for a job is hard, arm yourself with patience and a no matter what you do, try to look positive. Heck, it’s an adventure and you don’t know where you’d end up. It could be exciting ...

Look at the little guy doing the dance after your goal 1 in your signature. That happy face is YOU, after your most recent achievement. Keep that close ...:h:h:h

Dang!!!! I just saw my previous post ... the pic of the queen and the words "boob camp" under ... too late to change it ... sigh ...
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

boob camp..... is it ever too late?

I need about 4 more hours in each day. that is all.

Chin up, sugarbeat! Have I told you about the week long 5 good things about yourself list?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning, Shue, Sugar and all the rest of you Abbers!
          I had intentions of posting more yesterday, then got busy getting ready. Had a busy day, starting with my kids' group at the church, flower shop, gym (could do almost nothing) and pizza dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in three months, even though we live in the same town and usually get our doggy stuff at her shop. By the time i got home at 8:30, i was pooped. And foot is worse this a.m., so am going to take it easy today. have a haircut scheduled at a beauty school where a friend's daughter is enrolled and needs some moral encouragement. She worked with me last summer, and i tried to take her under my wing--my drunken wing, but still a wing:H She has a lot of issues, poor kid. And I don't mind being a guinea pig!
          So--crap on a cracker--oh, Kas, that is hysterical!! Love it, and will start using it myself, with your permission1 A roommate i had at rehab always said: "Cheese and crackers!" and I would break up laughing every time she said it!
          Big thing I wanted to report yesterday--I had a voice message from the insurance agency on Tuesday, and have an interview next Tuesday!! The woman said that she hoped I was still interested in the job, so it sounds positive. Kas, I really appreciate your wise advice. I am not convinced about the age thing--a friend of mine and I thought we were shoe-ins for jobs selling Rosetta Stone two years ago. Then the interviewers --all by phone--made references to their ages--40 something, saying they were older or some such thing. My friend told me they probably did a google search and found our ages, and they didn't even have the decency to contact us again! And the DUI thing--when you live in a small town and everybody knows your business and gossips--can put an employer off you, IMO. But I am going to stay positive about this. It's not a career, just a job to give me a little money and get me out of the house.LOL!! Sugar, I know something good will come along for you!
          Helped a woman here who runs a service dog group. Three pups were playing in the locked yard when the wind blew the gate open, and the dogs escaped. The four month old--who was very sick after birth--went missing and was gone for more than 24 hrs. I know of a lost pet communicator who FOUND a dog for somebody I once worked for. i called her, paid for the consult, and the pup was found by some kids as the woman was communicating with him. no proof that this was a direct result of her, but she desrcibed exactly where he was hiding! Amazing stuff!
          Det, those pics are incredible! Thanks for sharing!
          So many of us sharing our FB pages!! Love it! Am going there soon to check things out, add pics--better than finishing up that tax stuff
          Rusty thanks you for all the birthday wishes!
          Have a wonderful AF day!!
          TDN, the Gimpy
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers

It's sunny, it's Thursday & my girls are on the way over ~ perfect!
            Thanks for the picture of the Corgi shue - that's exactly whay he looks like Suck a little ball of energy. I honestly think they must sedate the queen's dog or something :H

sugar, hang in there! We will do our part in holding you up

Greenie, I ran out of time & energy myself yesterday. Must be an age thing :H

TDN, hope your job situation improves as well. Take it easy on that foot........RICE it (rest, ice, compression (ace wrap), elevate). You know the routine!!!

OK, will be back when I get a chance. Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'll show you mine if you show me yours
              sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1287994 wrote: I'll show you mine if you show me yours

oops! too late!
                Missed it! :grrr:
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Abbers!

Hello to Shue, sugar, Greenie, Three Dog, Lav and all to come. Everyone sounds good.
                  All tickety-boo here. Three more days at work, then off for a week and going walking for a few days in a part of country I've never been to before so interested to see what it's like. Apparently has the tallest waterfall in Britain but I don't think that's particularly high :H

Have a good day all!
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Greenie - am I seeing things? Was that you?
                    sigpic

Comment

Twas indeed!
                      sigpic

Comment

Funny, isn't it, we get an idea in our head about how people look and they actually look nothing like that! :H:H Good to "see" you!
                        sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1288002 wrote: Twas indeed!
                          :upset: I missed it, tooooo!

Well, rats.
                          Oh.. and good morning!
                          I'm off on my daily pilgrimage to the barn and it looks like a relatively slow day work wise, so I might as well put finish on the LAST remaining wall that didn't get done in the fall. Stinky stuff, that is.

Will check in later with you all.. be good!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I know! I was amazed that you really looked like the self sketching avatar.
                            sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1288012 wrote: I know! I was amazed that you really looked like the self sketching avatar.
                              Hahha. Didn't you once have an avatar of a woman landing a fish? I think I thought that was you.

Hi Sunni & DG!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X