Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday March 31

Good morning, my dear Affies,

You recent posts are what I read last at night, before turning off the lights and what I read first thing in the morning, while still in bed. Which is where I am now, my son just brought me coffee; I feel lucky and blessed with my family and you guys, my cozy nest of funny friends with big hearts.

With that feeling of inner joy and peace I shall meet this weekend - my new treadmill got installed last night but I need to work all weekend. Nevermind.

Help yourselves to the coffee my son made, it mild and creamy, perfect for drinking liters of it on a Saturday morning.

Much love to you all, wish you a fab weekend.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning all

Ah shue you kicked the proceedings off today with a lovely vibe, you sound so at ease with all around you, it?s contagious

In super form myself at the moment too, feeling kinda cheeky and chirpy today and I like it

Sending all the come good vibes too, it seems to be in the air today
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning loverly peeps,

My coffee pot had the nerve to bite the dust yesterday. Thankfully they exchanged it or it wouldn't be pretty. Well since I don't live in Maryland, I guess I won't need to figure out how to spend my millions this morning. Boy would that have been a pain! :H

Happy Saturday to all...
      I'll check in L8R G8Rs
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi fABbies! I too am off to an early start on the day with the support of :cupajoe:!!! It's world figure skating championships and you know what that means - that's right! Men in tights and :bling! I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Next year the world championships are in London Ontario Canada which appears to be under 8 hours driving from where I live. Hmmmm...

One thing is for sure. There will be no AL for me today! I really doesn't occur to me to drink any more. Any passing thoughts are not "urges." They aren't strong. More like some sort of odd misfiring in my brain - a memory from long ago. I'm so glad to be free of AL. I share this so you know it got much much easier down the line, at least for me. I continue to focus on building my NEW and sober life in a rewarding way rather than commiserating over my past.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Kaslo--What beautiful photos! What kind of camera do you use?

Lav--OMG, that puppy is sooooo cute! I laughed out loud at pooping in the grass!

Shue--Yay to getting a new treadmill! I have one and love it, just can't get motivated to use it. Thanks for the java.

Sugar--Good vibes to you too. Love to see you in a happy mood.

Hi Almost! I think I would be in a near panic if my coffee pot died. :upset:

Doggy--Just curious, how long was it before you really stopped thinking about alcohol? I don't seem to think about it at all right now, but I know that it's going to sneak up and bite me hard one day.

I'm kind of feeling run down and tired after the last couple days of nonstop running and work. Today I have to do 2 work shifts and I won't be home from work until tomorrow morning. Then I've got to take a road trip overnight on Sunday. So I may be absent for a couple days.

I was kind of annoyed with my husband the other day. As I'm not drinking I find myself getting more and more annoyed with our alcohol culture, where drinking is perceived as the norm and non-drinking is an oddity. Our daughter is seriously dating a guy who is a self-described alcoholic who has been sober for a couple years. We both think he's a great guy. Anyway Hubby made the comment that maybe someday the boyfriend would start drinking again and then the two of them could enjoy a beer together. WTF? Really? Is that something you would wish for an alcoholic? My husband also has a "kegerator"--not sure if that's a real word or not. But he has a keg at home that he keeps stocked with 2 different kinds of beer. He just got a new beer and was telling me over and over that I had to try it. Come on, you'll love it, etc., etc., etc. Okay dumbass, I haven't had a drink in over 6 weeks. Why all the pressure for me to drink? Does he miss his drinking buddy?

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Hope your working weekend goes smoothely shue, thanks for the coffee

sugarbeat, cheeky & chirpy I am not this morning :H
            My 3 yr old grandson stayed overnight & he's driving me nuts!

Almost, my estranged husband does but lottery tickets in Maryland but I haven't heard from him yet. I'll go looking for him if I have to, I'm not kidding :H

DG, we all know how much you like your ice skating cuties
            I had the same thought about AL yesterday when I was chasing my chickens around that my grandson had let loose & was watching him 'poop in the grass like a dog'. In the past something like that would have made me want to drink - not anymore

FlyAway, don't work too hard!!
            My son built himself a kegerator when he was in college & actually dragged it to the shore house he rented with a friend in Wildwood - then he grew up! Sorry that your husband is still in that mindset. Maybe he just needs a new hobby??? Something to take his focus away from beer.....

Not sure yet how my day is going to develop. I just hope my son gets here before too long to take this crazy 3 yr old off my hands!!!!

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Saturday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I often think I miss toddlers with our youngest being 13 now and that one of our older kids will give us grand children sooner or later but maybe I should just enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts
              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Lav, hope you've survived your grandson, I would enjoy the peace and quiet for now Raven!
                DG I'd actually forgotten all about your love of figure skating! I too would be curious to know at what point you stopped thinking about alcohol?
                Fly - sounds to me like your husband just wants a drinking buddy. I'm curious to know what will happen to Mr Sausage once Lent is over ( he's currently abstaining which makes things easier for me, ) but I can't see him keeping it up long term. He may put pressure on me to moderate as he likes a drinking buddy.
                Hi too to Shue sugar and Almost - you all sound in good form.
                Well it's lovely and sunny again here although perhaps not quite as warm. I've made a loaf of bread, finished all my ironing, made a gluten free chocolate cake with my son and been shopping with my daughter!
                Hope everyone else having a great AF day.
                Sausage x
                Day 37

Comment

Good morning Fabstinencers. Shue I am the same, I start the day with this place, and sometimes end here as well. Thanks for starting this thread, I have to say your thread starting messages are really quite lovely.

Hi to Sugar, Almost, DG.. I am at 13 and a half months. I pretty much was obsessed with thinking about wine and that is one of the reasons I tried to quit.

Fly: Canon, mostly. And re the hub coming up with juvenile drinking schemes, its a shame but there are all kinds of human pitfals and traps out there. I think we have to develop a thick skin. Mr Kaslo was not as bad, but he was not the slightest bit supportive or congratulatory. Either they have an AL prob themselvs or they are the non addictive type and just do not get it.

I am still smiling about your grandson, Lav. That will be a great one to tease him with later on.

I have some lovely exercise equipment myself... I have the total gym which is for situps and its kind of on an angle so boxes slide off it a bit, and not much to hang stuff on, but the reclining bike is GREAT for that, several places to drape wet stuff out of the washer that I cant put in the dryer, and quite a handy platform for stacking clean towels. I am looking for a treadmill too, I think it will do quite nicely as upright storage unit. Any hints on this would be apprecieated.

High to Raven and Sausage. Ima sew today, and possibly get out to the garden if it stops raining at any time

Love to you all find friends of Abstinencia

Kaslo, warming trends expected!
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends,

It's a beautiful day here! Sunny and warm with no wind! I slept in and now I'm enjoying a little coffee visiting with my son. Later I'm headed to the cemetery to see what my friend and I can accomplish.

Fly--I seriously feel for you. My hubby and I were drinking buddies from day 1. I think he has finally figured out that I have no plans to start in again. It has taken a LONG TIME for me to get used to the new "us". And it still is and may always be a work in progress. I pretty much do my own thing--with the boys a lot--and he does his. He doesn't go to the bars, but he likes to drink his beer in the evenings and weekends while he is working around the farm. Sometimes it really gets on my nerves--mainly when he has had too much. But like I said--I do my own thing, and I feel better about it. Hang in there!!:l

Last night I had my candle party. Two friends showed up. My recently widowed friend so it was nice to visit with her. Anyway, I went to the beer store to decide what I would serve. (people tend to buy more with a little alcohol) I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Margaritas with beer. I decided the beer would be a little too tempting for me--so I opted for wine and made sangria. I bought a small bottle of Tequila to make margaritas. Anyway, my friend had 1 glass of the Sangria. I simply hated for the whole pitcher of fruit to go to waste so I ate some strawberries and mangos and grapes. INSTANT HEADACHE! I felt crappy. Everything except the grapes tasted like shit anyway. Lesson learned.

I'm having fun checking out my new friends on Facebook!!! I haven't quite figured out who everyone is yet, but it is fun trying! I love getting to know you better!

Love the puppy Lav! Beautiful photography as always, Kas.

I wonder how Uni and AFM are doing.

Well, I hate to waste this beautiful sunshine, so I'm going to get ready to head out.

Have a great sober day all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy Saturday and last day of March, Fabbies!

Shue.. LOVE your daily morning greeting! Not to mention the cawfffffee!

Fly.. you certainly may be on to something.. hubby missing his drinking buddy. I think that is actually quite common. Maybe try to find/suggest a new activity you both could enjoy together?

DG, I'm all for you booking an extensive Ontario vacation next year!

Sugar.. chirpy & cheeky! Love it!

Sausage... ironing??? What's that!? :H

Raven.. definitely enjoy the peace for now!

Lav... re: grandson... that is a fabulous item for the teenager blackmail list! Re: puppy... sooo cute! However... just a thought... Is Maxi a dominant female? Often, 2 females will not get along great.. mixed genders or 2 males usually do better?

Kas.. if you come visit I want a photography lesson. We have a fairly fancy camera now but I still only point and shoot. Loving your shots.

LVT.. you didn't say.. did the Sangria translate into $$$?

This day totally got away from me. At least I did get a big item off my to-do list AND I got to spend some time in the round pen with da boyz. That reminds me.. my face almost feels a little sun/wind burned.. and with that feeling came a thought of a bottle of wine. Weird, eh? No wine, though. Came back from the store with food and flower seeds only.

Ok, enough lolly-gagging... hope you're all having a wonderful evening!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello lovely Fabers and happy april

Quick drop in to say hi. it is 6:30 am on sun morn, who gets up at this time on a sun?? Oh yes we docause we have a horse show to get to lol.

Excuse the bad typing am posting from my phone. I should get a chance to read back and catch up with everyone's news later today.

Btw this is the first show I am going to not hungover..what an amazing feeling..

My nerves are kicking in and I am not even riding..ah the joys of being a mum with a child who competes.

Time to put the coffee on, rouse the troopsand get going

Have an amazing day xx

Comment

Good evening Abbers,
                          I have done next to nothing all day since taking EB home. My cold/allergy symptoms were annoying me anyway so the whole day got blown off

Sunni, I personally prefer female dogs, I've always felt they were better around the house & kids. I have found that Maxie has little to no tolerance of male dogs. She is not very nice to the neighbor's male dogs when they wander over :H Maxie does tolerate Willie & Jack (my kid's dogs) but she basically ignores them So I am searching for a girl pup.

Hard to believe the year is one quarter over already!!!!!

Mum, enjoy your sober day
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X