Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choice is always there -God, help me make the right one now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Daisy during the past 5 years has the alcohol every really helped anything? Weren't the problems, anxiety, and worry still there the next day unresolved?

I hope that you choose to work on finding a way to deal with your anxiety and worry without alcohol. And I hope that you choose to pour your wine down the sink. :l

Comment

Hi daisy. I'm so glad you were able to give voice to your worries about your daughter, and that you had a friend (who is not AL - AL is NOT our friend) to listen to you. AL only makes things worse for people like us, as we all know already.

What about pouring the wine down the sink before you go to the gym? Right now?

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Do it while you are able to. Actually going to the gym might help you in a positive way as in wanting to take care of your body so that it stays strong to deal with the daughter issue. Dump it now, dump it later but dump it my friend.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

:l Daisy

Hope you chose to dump the wine because we all know it won't help anything!

I think you are a lot stronger than you realize right now. Just give your 'true self' a chance to come out & shine
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all; thought I would dig out my last post here back on 3 April. Sorry to say I didn't pour the wine down the sink and continued to drink for another week. I was so desperate that I felt afraid for myself. On 10 April, I had my Day 1 and as I didn't trust myself anymore to come here because of my constant stopping and starting, I felt I had to just get on it but still using the tools I have acquired here over the last year and a half.
            I checked in with MWO every day and cannot express how grateful I am to you all; one particular member stood by my side the whole way through and I am sooo thankful.
            Like it is said here so many times, the problems are still there but now without alcohol destroying my thinking and mental well-being I am better able to deal with things. Given how bad I felt that day, accompanied by wine, I am actually afraid to take another drink as I do not want to be in that place again.
            Today is a good day and now I am over this hill (couldn't reach the 3 week mark) I will march forward to climb the next one. My normal post around this time would be the shameful 'I did it again' one, so onwards and upwards.......

Comment

Good on you Daisy.

I hear ya!

Take care, and keep it going. Just do your best each moment.

Thoughts are with you. G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks G-bloke; appreciated!

Comment

Fantastic Daisy on 3 weeks AF.
                  Just keep going!

Comment

Hi all, this is just to mark my 31 days AF today. This is the longest I got to in June 2011 so I had marked it as a goal after my 1 week, then 3 weeks. My only long period before that was 11weeks and 5days in 2010, so that is my next personal goal and will be on June 30.
                    I have chosen to log my goals on this thread; as you can see from the first post here I was in a pretty desperate place and really was feeling that this was undoable.
                    So, today is a good day.
                    I already feel so removed from the person who wrote that and it was such a short while ago; BUT to keep coming back here will keep me grounded and aware of what 1 drink will lead me back to.
                    I look better, feel better both physically and mentally, am getting more things done, worrying less, sleeping better, weight beginning to drop with little effort and exercising and enjoying it. I feel I am becoming a worthwhile participant in life again and as long as I stay sober there is only more of this to come. I want to feel what the long-term abstainers here are feeling. They say it is worth waiting on that inner peace and I intend to find out......
                    The first day AF was an achievement, week 1 was too, with some benefit showing itself in ever new sober day. I am only 31 days and don't want to lose my determination to stay on this path. I wish everyone starting out could get a glimpse of how worthwhile this is......

Comment

Congratulations Daisy! This is so nice to read.

Comment

Thank you Flyaway. You are doing so well. I can't really say that at this stage I am having major cravings, more of a disappointment sometimes that I am not joining in when everyone is partying; I do know better and that their fun is short-lived after only an hour or so...so staying away from that situation for the time being.
                        I think when you get some AF time under your belt, this is when the mind games can set in because everything is looking so good 'you couldn't possibly have a problem'....
                        Well, we all know better here so I intend to be on extra guard and protect myself as much as possibe. I tend to feel a bit selfish while I am doing this as I say no to people or avoid them for my own benefit but it has to be done.

Comment

Just wanted to say congratulations, Daisy!! You sound so good. It is pretty amazing what can happen when we give up AL.Keep posting and come over to the AF Daily thread. Lots of support there!
                          :lTDN
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

Daisy just wanted to say well done & how much reading your thread has inspired me!! Today will be day 3 for me. I first found MWO 5years ago, the mistake I made once I did get AF time under my belt was those mind games you talk about & allowing them to take control. "I couldnt possibly have a problem" was exactly what I thought & once I decided I could moderate (duh!!) I just stopped coming to MWO....... It then becomes even harder to turn that switch back on & get back on the AF trail. I see so many posts from people with their sobriety date under their signature & I now know I have to keep coming here no matter what, MWO has to become part of my life, part of my therapy. Wishing you lots of luck & looking forward to following your journey.... xx
                            AF since 9 May 2012
                            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Just wanted to add my congratulations Daisy. I am so glad you can see the benefits already at 30+ days. I'm now on day 78 and I can say it gets even better. You can never be complacent ( look at my signature from 2009 and how long it took to get started again) but around day 65 or so it was like I moved up another gear, I feel better than I did at day 30 - especially mentally. Physically I was feeling much improved but suddenly I felt my mind was sharper, clearer, positive. - seeing everything from a glass half full perspective but most important of all not worrying about things I have no control over, sorting out situations with so much clarity.

Hope things continue to get better and better and keep updating us on how you are doing.

Sausage x
                              Day 78

Comment

Working...
                              X