Any guys who hate football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I don't exactly hate football, but I don't like it. I only watch important world cup matches. And this purely for political reasons, ha, ha.

No, but honestly, as a guy, do I have to like/love football? In my family none of us like football. Most of us like the arts, music, reading, photography, etc. Even my Aussie mate here in Asia is not really fond of football.

Funny enough, though, in Asia 101 % of the guys like football and if you don't, well there's something terribly wrong with you ....

So, dear Abby, my addiction aside, is there something terribly wrong with me, dear Abby?
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Hey pad,

Me too - I have no interest in the silly game either!

I don't know what all the fuss is about!

I will occasionally watch if SCOTLAND are playing - but that is my limit!
    A lot of my acquaintances think I'm strange!

I would rather watch paint dry ........ in fact I saw a really nice shade of green the other day - took 45hours and 15 minutes to dry......

OK - I'm strange

Satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Live for the American version of football (Da Bears), still acquiring a taste for the European version. I finally learned the rules last year, but only because my son started playing.

I'm guessing someone over hear expects us to start liking it a lot more, considering they are going to pay Beckham $250 million freakin' dollars to play in LA....
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Good on ya, Satori. That makes two of us then. And Athlete, the fact that football players get paid sh*tloads of money is immoral. I work in development and see people live on a dollar and less a day, already out of protest I wouldn't watch those twits play and cheers them on!
        Paddy

Comment

How refreshing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know many english women that would be quite happy to use this thread as a sort of dating website....blokes that don't like football, and read....photography....the ARTSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Heaven!!!!!!!

stay as 'weird' as you are guys...........I like the sound of THAT!!!

Comment

I only like it because of all the surrounding fun... an opportunity to cook and have lots of people over to my house... and see my husband get so fired up about the Gators!

But strangely... I was a football cheerleader all through high school and for the life of me never quite knew what I was cheering about with all those F-U-M-B-L-E cheers we used to do... although I still know the cheers!

Hmmm.. sad I know!
            Go Gators!
            (G-A-T-O-R-S!!!) :yougo:
            Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Come on, Allie, you only cheered the guys to get them fired up! Ha, ha, ha. Or worse, to moon the the losing lot! (just joking) ;-P
              Paddy

Comment

Allie, that's too funny! I was a cheerleader in High school too. Went to every game.. but never watched one! I probably know a few cheers still too!

We sure were "peppy" though! All those mushrooms we used to eat before the game really got us going! Loved the dancin!:danthin: :banana:
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I don't know squat about football. I grew up as a lad in Ozzie-land and we played ozzie-rules and also rugby and soccer but none of it stuck...just not into it as an adult for whatever reason. yes wee melony-one here's an artsy guy that likes photography, gourmet cooking and martial arts.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sorry Paddy...In my eyes football is life and death....COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hey Macks, isn't football in your neck of the woods actually soccer for the rest of the world??? So are you actually referring to soccer? Just wondering.... You UK-ers language is utterly confusing sometimes LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X