I wanted to be sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to be sober

Now I am sober. This is my 30th day! Thanks Antabuse!!!

I wanted to be sober

Congrats! Well done you, keep up the good work.
    I'm on day ten of Topa and Antabuse.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Well done wantobesober,30 days is great work, keep it up and keep on posting and letting us know how you are beating this :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Good job Wanttobe on your 30 days, keep up the good work.
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Awesome! Congratulations!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Happy Birthday! Congrats on your new sober life! You will not be sorry that you are wasting your years on AL...now that's something to CELEBRATE!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

I wanted to be sober

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 30 DAYS SOBER!!!!:yougo::yougo:

fABulous!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Great job! There is nothing better than being sober. It really is worth it. Congratulations.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

well done !!!! you did what you needed to do to stay AF. Kutos to you !!! :bow I know it is not easy .
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

I wanted to be sober

My attempts to sober up on my own did not work. I would go a couple of days or weeks, day 10 was a tricky time. Using antabuse for a couple of months really helped. It gave me that couple of months head start that I really needed. Once I had done than and was starting to enjoy a sober life having filled the gap left by stopping alc with other things my doctor advised me antabuse was not a long term solution and I was soon ready to leave it behind. For a few months after I took it when I went out and on holidays.
                    It really helped me and glad it is helping you too
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Hi to All,

Thanks for the encouraging words from everyone!
                      It really feels good to be sober!
                      I am looking forward each and every day with enthusiasm.

Raven.joy;1292096 wrote: My attempts to sober up on my own did not work. I would go a couple of days or weeks, day 10 was a tricky time. Using antabuse for a couple of months really helped. It gave me that couple of months head start that I really needed. Once I had done than and was starting to enjoy a sober life having filled the gap left by stopping alc with other things my doctor advised me antabuse was not a long term solution and I was soon ready to leave it behind. For a few months after I took it when I went out and on holidays.
                      It really helped me and glad it is helping you too
                      Raven,

If antabuse worked for you for a while, why don't you try it again?
                      Don't listen to your doctor! It does not have much of the side effects like other meds do.
                      You can take it as long as you want and you can stop it when you want a break.
                      Just get back on it as soon as you can.
                      I have read a post from a guy on a different website, who said that he is on Antabuse most of the time but every once in a while he stops taking it, have a few days of drinks and jumps back on Antabuse. Some people can not commit themselves to lifetime abstinence, but with Antabuse you can still manage your life the way you want it.

I think it is a miracle drug! It is a miracle for me to make me able to stop drinking and it costs me maybe one or two dollars a month. Try to compare that for a cost of a detox or in house rehabilitation. Though I do not know the price of those, because I have not been on any of them.
                      I tried Naltrexone and Baclofen and they were much more expensive.
                      So far for me Antabuse is a hands down winner!

Brian

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Hi DizzyBee,

DizzyBee;1291793 wrote: Congrats! Well done you, keep up the good work.
                        I'm on day ten of Topa and Antabuse.
                        Congratulation! :goodjob:

Brian

Comment

I wanted to be sober

I stopped taking it and have been sober ever since. I guess I feel it served its purpose but still keep a bottle around just in case i go someplace I may feel tempted. For the first year sober I feared relapse and thought I may have cause to use antabuse again but so far so good.
                          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

I wanted to be sober

Hi Raven,

Raven.joy;1292694 wrote: I stopped taking it and have been sober ever since. I guess I feel it served its purpose but still keep a bottle around just in case i go someplace I may feel tempted. For the first year sober I feared relapse and thought I may have cause to use antabuse again but so far so good.
                            I am glad that you are still sober and able manage your life.
                            Sorry that I misunderstood your post. How long have you been sober?
                            Antabuse is really great!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X