Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday April 5

Shue - where are you??

I'm new here and I don't know where the coffee is. I don't know how these lovely people take their coffee. All I seem to be able to find is chicory and tea and that just wont do!

Oh, here it is some fair trade cofee from Sunny South Africa. Ahem. Its Miko coffee and not only is it good it also has heart - part of the profits goes towards planting veggie gardens for the local people. :h

Day ten AF for me. I have 3 pages to write so if I can stop hanging out on the internet I may just get to go shopping with my mom before a lovely Easter weekend. And yes I say lovely Easter weekend but I'm actually not looking forward to it.

As I'm newly sober I find weekdays easier, I still pity myself on weekends and holidays and big family gatherings but I find it gets easier and waking up is now my favorite time of the day, whereas it used to be bad and then just get worse.

So I know I'm far ahead of you time wise (its 10am here) but wake up sleepy heads!!!

DB

Oh, Dizzy - love the look of that coffee and the sound of your 10 day AF self. I am in the office since 8:00 AM but head down in work ( stopped for a quick coffee and just a wee chat with Turn and Mo2).

OK, decaf for the Sugarland fairy, add Evco for TND and Blondie, French roast for most of us, a weak one for Mo2 and if she's particularly good (and bakes us another gluten free cake) Blondie gets the top shelf stuff - Jamaican Blue Mountain.

have a great day peeps
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hello fellow abbers from all around the world

Thanks for start Dizzy and well done on day 10 AF.

Great multi continent chat today with Shue, Turn and Det - it really makes my day

Easter is upon us, work is finished, 4 day weekend YAH! Kids are on holidays for two weeks..bring on the Chocolate Eggs.

I am blessed to be part of this wonderful group, thanks to every one of you for making this place special.

Wishing all of you and your families and loved ones a magical AF easter. May the chocolate be kind to the hips

xxxx

Comment

Good morning Dizzy, Shue and all you good folks to come

Cheers for da coffee as always, seems like Dizzy was bangin round the kitchen for a while tryin to sort it out

I'm in good form today, was up early, had a good healthy breakfast, tried my meditation, clearing the head, its all about feeling good That stuff may seem small but you know what being good to myself, doing things that will utimately be good for me, had become so alien to me, but that's all changing, workin away at myself like a little beaver and soon all that good stuff will come natural to me. I don't want to get sober and walk around with a sick mind, now where would the sense be in that, I have greater ambitions for myself

Dizzy, I think you're doing fabulous, by the way its only thursday, don't be wasting your energy expecting a bad weekend, you'll have a new job writing horoscopes if you where that good try and flip it, maybe expect an ok or better yet a good weekend, make little steps to stop the negetive talk in you head

As for the lovey Shue, have a great day and don't work too hard
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Mum of2 missed you there, sending happy Easter wishes right back at you
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Thanks for the tips Shue but I think I'll leave the coffee duties to you most days. I can make some hot cross buns tomorrow?

MumOfTwo-I've been craving choccies all week and I don't normally have a sweet tooth. I think I miss the sugar boost of alcohol and you know what as I'm saving a lot of wine calories I may just massacre a few bunnies myself this weekend.

Thanks for setting me straight Sugarbeat. I really like your attitude. The last time I got sober in rehab I came out and expected all my problems to be solved. No wonder I drank on my second day out - everything was still set up the way I left it and it was up to me to change my mindset and to prove to people that I have changed and that I can now be trusted. How do you meditate? Any special technique?

I AM actually going to have a good weekend. I'm having a road trip on Saturday and going to this amazing rustic restaurant with two friends I havent seen in ages and the one has a kitten that I will get to meet (big cat person) I never did day trips anymore because of weekend hangovers and I'm really looking forward to this one. Weekend nights are still a bit rough but I've got lots of movies to keep me occupied should I really not know what to do with myself.

And like Mum said - there is always the bunnies...

Comment

Dizzy - the Easter bunnies are too funny. As for craving sugar, it seems normal for the early days, as Byrdie keeps saying in newbies nest when cravings hit "Go find yourself a cookie". Love having you on this thread. Beware of holidays and family gatherings - make a plan for not drinking then (bring your substitute drink) and practice in the mirror say No to a drink like 100 times. I know I'll be doing this on Sat.

Mo2 - having another break from spreadsheets ... and I don't mean spread sheets ... oh ... nevermind.

Sugar - that is a wonderful way to start the day; you are extremely strong to go through your ordeal and be here with us today (40+ days AF ???? if I can count?).

Det - you can always come to live with us in exile in Europe.
              Determinator;1291636 wrote:

there was a young pug from Alaska
              who like to sip from the flask-a ?
              he passed out in the mall
              slept with a panther
              and now he's missing a ball.

I'm wanted for 'crimes against poetry' in 14 states.

Comment

Oh I'm up on the the 40s day wise I think Shue, but try not to give days too much attention once the initial pain at the begining is over as they kinda hold me back, put boundaries on where I should be if you know what i mean

Comment

ah ... I can't count .... great going !!!! 40+ , see ... I have edited my post.

Comment

Darn Dizzy, I wrote a wee thing about Meditation 'Sugarbeat style' and lost it with loggin in and timing out and all that IT jazz, I'll try and pull something together again later

And Shue, you've always been so encouraging, you're strong, upbeat and real and I love being on this journey with you

Comment

Hi Peeps!

Dizzy, thanks for getting us going today...love the African coffee! Almost as much as I love Jamaican Blue Mtn...(Shue has us all accounted for...I love it!). Well, no gluten free cake today BUT I will be baking a loaf of lavender lemon teabread for my boss to give to her tomorrow. It is her 50th birthday. She is an herbalist so I thought the lavender would be a nice touch. I have to get milk and sugar today as I normally don't have those 2 ingredients in the house. I found a recipe online and I've been wanted to try baking with culinary lavender for some time now. My boss has everything and as a whole group, I coordinated with the staff to pitch in and get her a gift cert for a massage with her favorite therapist. So, this extra little loaf will be just from me and since she is a foodie, I think she will enjoy it. Here's the recipe for those who want to try it:

Lavender Tea Bread
                      Ingredients:

3/4 cup milk

2 Tbsp. dried lavender flowers, finely chopped, or 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped flowers

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

6 Tbsp. butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat milk with lavender almost to a boil, then steep until cool. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in bowl. In another bowl cream butter and gradually add sugar, then eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with lavender milk, in three parts. Mix until batter is just blended, do not overbeat. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, drizzle with a simple sugar glaze or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with sprigs of fresh lavender.

I will also be adding some lemon zest and 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice to the batter, as well as making a glaze of 1 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 tbs lemon juice that I will drizzle on when the cake is still warm. So I am altering the recipe a wee bit but I think the lemon will pair nicely with the lavender. Wish me luck!

Other than my baking experiment...I am going to try to mend some clothes that I have put of for YEARS. Like sewing on buttons to pants and I also got some funky patches at the craft store that I want to put on jeans that have bleach spots I want to cover. Somewhere in my day, I'll fit in my workout and a walk with doggie. She got 2 ticks on yesterday's walk because we walked in a bit of brush (I call it the fairy path cause I feel some magic back in those woods!), but unfortunately, it resulted in ticks, which I loathe!

Hope you all have a beautiful day! Dizzy...love the chocolate bunnies. I may have to steal them and repost on Facebook!!! :H
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Good morning, Abbers everywhere!

Qucik check in before I leave flower shop. I logged on and immediately went to the General Discussion to read Nicelife's post on relapsing after six years. I cannot tell you how much that moved me. I suggest that anyone who hasn't read it go there ASAP. Incredible!

Be back later.

:lto all!
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

sorry for the typos. Leaving FOR the shop.:H
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

Wowzers!
                            I'll have to start getting up earlier just to keep up with you girls! :H

Thank you for the coffee (much needed), Dizzy and Shue, Blondie.. I'll send my address so you know where to send the cake... MomOfTwo... you guys are in chat too late for me... I keep missing you... Hello to sugar, and all to come!

Expecting a sick little peanut and his possibly getting sick mommy here later today and for Easter. Yay! Well, on the here part, not the sick part. :H Hopefully we can get both of them back into shape. This weekend is also an early birthday celebration for my daughter. She'll be 21. Where the heck did the time go?

Ok, gotta fly... have a fabulous AF day, you lovelies!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Gosh you folks start early :H
                              Thanks for the coffee & cake!

Sunni, hope your weekend is good despite the viral load! Kids get sick fast but get better fast too. Happy BD to your daughter! Wait until your kids hit their 30's, then see how old you feel :H

OK, off to do something useful. Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Thursday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X