Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday April 7

Good morning, fellow Affies,

I am a bit late with the coffee this morning, slept in late - now at noon I am brewing coffee. Bring on the weekend.

I've dreamt Turn was playing the accordion ... Did that really happen?

Wish you a fab Sat.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi Shue and all to follow.

Got a great AF day lined up here. It was our 10th wedding anniversary yesterday and to celebrate we are all going out (as a family) this pm to the theatre and then for a meal afterwards.really looking forward to it and one thing is for sure.... !

Was up bright and early helping my 7 year old daughter make sock puppets this morning! Wouldn't have felt like doing that with a hangover.

Off out shortly to buy some chocolate eggs for tomorrows Easter Egg hunt which I hold outside in the garden every Easter Sinday.

Have a great AF day everyone.

Sausage x
    Day 44

Comment

Hello my friends,

Shue coffee anytime is great, sending you calming vibes for your weekends, and hopefully you've left down the work today

Sausage you sound super and happy anniversary

Today I'm loving being sober, banging on with the meditation and I'm finding it so relaxing.Popping into town later to do some shopping for me and grab a few things for tomorrow, I'm Head chef for dinner cause my mother is gone to Italy for a few days with her buddies for the Easter break.

I'm just glad to report all is good in Sugarbeat land and have a great saturday one and all
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hi early risers! Happy Sober Saturday! Thanks for getting us off on the right "shoe" Shue

Hope you all have a wonderful day...I'm off for an expected busy day at work (Easter dinner shoppers!) and then a workout at the gym. Hubs is going to pick up some fresh haddock for dinner and I plan to make my Coconut Curry baked haddock tonight...yum! It's so good I'm already looking forward to it at 7 in the morning...lol.

Make it a great day you awesome April Abbers!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Shue... NOON??!! It's hard to imagine you being still, much less sleeping in.

Happy anni sausage! AF events rock!

Sugar, glad you're liking meditation.

I'm off to yoga and work and then there's a telecast for some energy work I want to get in on and then on to the river. We're having a cool spell that is spectacular. May crank up the fire pit thing tonight and for sure in the AM with coffee and newspaper! Somewhere in there I have to mow the tundra. :upset: Grateful to have my own little piece of the planet though.

X-post blondiegirl! I'm really interested in the coconut curry recipe!

Be well, be happy, be AF!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start to the weekend! AF, of course!
            Greenie, where do you live, and what is this river thing? I have never been sure of that. . . Sounds pretty wonderful!
            Didn't hear from the insurance job yesterday. I'm really okay with "whatever happens." Am invited back this summer to the castle where I worked last summer. prefer something closer, as Mr TDN has to drive me.
            After the gym, have to do shopping for dinner tomorrow. Got my filets from a local farm, and I know those will be great!
            I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the sitting stepper machine yesterday and felt better. Hip is still sore, but not as bad.
            Check in later!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Having a slow start myself this morning as I know it will be a very long day
              Excited about my grandson's 1st BD party! Oh, and the Corgi goes home today too :H

Nice weather predicted for the whole weekend, love that. I want to spend as much time outside as possible.

TDN, glad you are getting a bit of relief from your sore hip

Sausage, hapopy anni to you!

OK, off I go. Wishing everyone a great AF day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning Abbers,

I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC with the Fam until tomorrow. Unusually cold here so no beach time for us. Fortunately, there is an outdoor heated pool and a hot tub.

Awesome to see so many peope here bright and early in the morning with positive attitudes. Lavs going to spend time outdoors, 3DN is off to the gym, Greenie to the river, Blondie to work and the gym, Sausage making sock puppets, Shue (the energizer bunny) sleeping in late (ps good for you for taking care of yourself when you were feeling low). You know that none of us would be this energetic and engaged with life if we were stilll drinking.

Sugarbeat. I'm really struck by how much better and happier you seem since your initial days of being AF. You have worked hard and it has paid off. I think that after the initial days, the AF battle is all mental and spiritual. Good for you for taking up the meditation. There are so many studies out there on the positive effects of meditation. Very happy for you.

Hello to Sunni, DizzyBee, TurnAgain, Det, DG, LVT, P3, Guitarista, Almostfamous and all to come.

Where is Uni??

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Just read Uni's last post. Looks like she is going for some inpatient treatment. Good luck Uni. We will be here when you get back.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Ho and Happy Saturday, FABbies!

Been a hectic morning here with Peanut, my horses, neighbour's horses, grocery shopping, baking birthday cheesecake, etc, etc,! We're STILL waiting for Peanut to actually go to sleep for his nap... he almost passed out in his high chair but has been babbling in his crib ever since :H Easter eggs are stowed outside (dogs are being kept INside at the moment) and we're planning on sending the little one out hunting after his 'nap'. If that ever happens

Mr. Wonderful's middle son has also announced his impending arrival, so it'll likely be a lively afternoon and evening But.. ONE THING IS FOR SURE!

Lav, have fun at the b-day party! Shue, Blondie, Sugar, Greenie, TDN.. :hallo:
                    Happy Anniversary Sausage! What are you gonna see at the theatre?
                    MomOf3... sorry about the beach but hot tub sounds fabulous! Enjoy!

Ok, I hear a car pulling in... better get off of here!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wow - the alluring smell of French Roast has finally reached this part of the world. Time for me to grind my little serving of decaf. I treat myself to weekend coffee and every now and when there's a big project looming...a little more decaf in the middle of the week. I am glad to be able to work back in a little coffee. I love the smell and taste. I had to say buh bye to it at first...the unholy troika of caffeine, nicotine and ethanol was just too intertwined in the addictive brain process for me to have one without the other - even a fake one. I don't think I'll EVER try to drink fake beer or wine. I just can't go there. Like so many of you, I am quite content with seltzer and a little lime or lemon in those social situations where I'm surrounded by drinking.

Shue - you were not dreaming of me playing the accordion. I think you heard me. That sucker is loud and I say this being a little more hard of hearing at my age now! I have to practice when hubby is not around. I think he is getting tired of ommpah pah and scales. Any skiing ahead or is that done now over on your part of the planet?

Sunni - the Peanut is soooooooo adorable. Easter is going to be so much fun for you! You sound so happy to be present for this phase of Peanut Joy.

We are a celebrating bunch here this weekend....Lav you will be having so much fun with Corgis, cakes and the little one's Number One B-day! Sausage - congratulations to you and yours on the anniversary!

TDN - how is that foot healing up? You've been a trooper. I sure admire how you're dealing with the ups and downs of the job search. You are really showing some strength!

Sugarbeat...I'm with Mom3 (one of my inspirations here!) and have noticed just how good you sound. Getting the AL out of our system makes such a huge difference in our outlook. Getting active is essential in healing....

And speaking of active...there's our Green One doing her river thing. You must be a great swimmer! Blondie, I am chiming in with Greenie for a link or recipe for that coconut curry. Sounds incredible!

Wishing all yet to come....a wonderful weekend. Off to drive the pugs and husband nuts with a very slow version of the Chicken Dance!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Just sayin' good night, sweeties.

Off to London tomorrow for the week. For the record,my sleeping in means waking up at 6:30 as usual then trying hard to fall back asleep. Yey !!! Managed to get some extra time in the land of nod till 9. Greenie, I am jealous of that river now.

Sausage, Happy Anniversary - these are truly special days.

Lol for pap - I DO feel like the energizer bunny most days ...not this morning.

Sunny + enjoy that little peanut, such lovely times.

Oh dear, something terrible happened to Rory at the Masters (golf), he's not on the leader's board.

Nevermind ... Hubby's crushed ... Dizzy , are you around? Sugar, TnD and whomever else I am missing sorry, I keep hearing Turn on the accordion. Must sleep
                        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Morning everyone

Quick fly in @6am on Sun to let you all know that I have not fallen off the face of the planet...have been madly busy with horsey stuff this weekend.

Had a good hard think about AL last night, horsey events have always been AL related me. A small part of me thought, yep, it would be great to have a bottle of wine, but then my logical, non AL, sensible side kicked in and said, that is all fair and well, but 1 bottle wont just mean 1 bottle today, it would mean, 1 or more tomorrow and the next and the next and the next...and I AINT going there! Even in this relativly short period of AF (just over 2 months) I have seen amazing benefits, I have never been happier, I have lost weight, my marriage is better. And I am realising that the buzz from AL was not that good to start with, so why bother. There is NOTHING to gain for drinking AL.

Kiddies had their easter hunt on friday, given that they are at horsey events today (Sun). 40 eggs, 5 acres, makes for every exciting hunting. It was great to watch and they found them all..now we just have to eat them LOL.

I love comming here in the mornings and seeing everyone is doing so well. :h

Wishing everyone of you a wondeful day with your families

Happy Easter xx

Comment

Hello Fabbers!!
                            Wow! Everyone is so busy this Easter Weekend with little peanuts and bday parties, traveling, polka playing, exercising, river walking (anything like river dance? hee hee), hot tubs (sorry no beach M3!), meditations, pups, chickens and horsies!!

It's been a busy week for me and today was just insane. Car is registered (yea!) but not inspected as they were closed when I went to get it done. No big deal-will hit them on Wednesday on my way to agility class.

Did a massive food shopping spree as I hadn't gone in quite awhile. Then it was Pappin' in Pink Project time after a hearty lunch:

(now why I didn't think to open the window to take this shot I can't figure out-but you get the jist)

Ater wrestling with the seat covers and steering wheel cover for 2 HOURS I brought out my neice's totebag to finally repair and finish (I hadn't secured one of the handles good enough so had to rip out the seam and try to do some invisible sewing the best I know how):
                            Notice the pig button-I put one on each side:

I'll give this to her tomorrow at our family get together at my bro's in Western Ma. I sure hope she likes it!!

I've been battling a little cold the past 2 days which is probably why I've been so fatigued the past week but fingers crossed it won't get any worse. Hoping for a very good nite's sleep so I'll be bright and cheery tomorrow as I'm driving my dad to the get together. My sis got a smaller SUV so no more Happy Bus! (all 7 of us were able to fit in the previous SUV)

Have a very Happy Easter for all those who celebrate, Happy Passover for those who celebrate that and just have a wonderful AF weekend for all the others.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hey ho & nighty night!

What awesome weather we are having! I got the tundra mowed AND got to the river AND made a quickie dinner and dined by the firepit in the back yard and then just hung out there for a while.

TDN, I live in southeast USA. I live within 30 minutes from 3 different rivers and a lake. The place I usually go is just under 10 min from me. It's always a cold 58 degrees, coming from under the lake dam. It's a park with a cement greenway path, wooded trails and horse trails that you can walk and bicycle. It's all in the woods and hugs the river. It's a really nice park and I deffinately get my annual pass' worth. Here's a pic I posted before. This is where I let the dog swim near an island. Shallow side of the island - I'm probably standing in the water from the looks of the photo.

Other side of the island - main river part.

Tonight gazing at the fire burning, I thought about how lucky I am. Lucky to have wanted to quit drinking. Lucky to enjoy the simplicity and complexity of life in an unaltered state. I wanted to be authentic. Live a life that's real. What a good place to start.
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X