Dudes! I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dudes! I'm Back!

Hey Dudes! I'm back! After much discussion with my buddy Kat, I've decided to get back to being a "good boy".

First of all, 'Happy Easter"!

So, what has happened to IJM the past few months? Well let me bring you up to date. I went a full 6 months AF. I was doing great. Then I had a major hit. My best fried of many years and I had a parting of the ways. Her office is right next to mine and we see each other every day. We have not spoken since the first week of February. I'll save you all the gory details but to put it in perspective, this was my best friend ever. Her and her husband, Mrs. IJM and I did everything together. Together almost every weekend. We all went on a ski trip in January together. She and I have lunch every day together. Text every evening. She knew everything about me. Well, it ended by her sending me an email with stuff in it you just can't take back ? ever. I took the high road and didn't fight back ? I think this was part of the problem. I didn't have a proper closure. And I have never let anyone get the best of me. Well when this ended I went into a state of depression of biblical proportions. I pretty much let myself go. Piano lessons ended, a quit going to the gym, I just puttered around at work. And I turned to my old friend who swore he would never leave me ? AL. I said I was not going back to where I was so I didn't go back to rum. I just started drinking wine. A glass or 2 a night. Now I am at a bottle a night. I'm back to little memory of the previous evening. My weight is up. And I really just don't feel good about myself at all.

So I got up this beautiful Easter morning, hung over and feeling like crap and decided this is crazy. I'm freaking 47 years old and I feel like I'm 80. I'm not comfortable in my skin and am just generally watching life go by. So, I am putting the brakes on this situation right freaking now! I did it before and I can do it again. I have to crawl out of this funk and depression and start living again.

You know, it's amazing the kind of affect that you can let a person have on you. Other than my lovely bride, I do not think I will ever let anyone get that close to me again. It's too freaking painful and the damage it can do is beyond words.

So, I told Al to get out of my life once again. I am going to need to lean on my pals at MWO for a while until I can get this back on my own two feet.

Sorry for all the drama that I brought into this but I did want you to know where I've been and what my plans are for the future.

Take care and I hope to be talking to you all on a more regular basis. This is Day 1 for me! (shit, starting over sucks the big one!!!)

IJM

P.S. I can't end an IMJ post without one of my provocative thoughts of the day?. If a bunch of midgets do the wave, Is it a ripple?

Dudes! I'm Back!

WB IJM! Yes starting over sucks the big one. That is all. And one thing's for sure.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Hi IJM

Congrats on a whole 6 months! Now that you know how great sober life feels like, I am sure you will get into it quickly again.

I went 4 months and drank 5 days. Just a waste of time. Sobering up after that was the most natural thing, because I cannot handle what AL does to me anymore! It feels WRONG!

Good luck with the first night! You know the drill...
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Hi IJM

We've not "met" before but I can relate to your situation as I went over 8 months AF in 2008/09 and then threw it all away and drank daily for nearly 3 years!!! Glad you came back sooner.

I'm on day 45 just now. I post generally on the AF daily and also newbies nest as although I'm not technically a newbie I feel comfortable there as its still early days for me

Hope to "see" you around.

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Welcome back, IJM!
          Yep, must be a ripple

And hooray for Kat. That is all. :l
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Bonjour IJM, boy that friend of yours is sure one smart cookie. Just sayin!

:welcome: BACK IJM to the land of the livin' and lovin' it. When it comes down to it prolly Mrs IJM IS your best friend. From what youve said before on here, she is a sweetheart.

So glad to see you here again IJM!! I hope you will let us know howzitgoinboyo as much as possible, and let the wise Pap3, M3, Greenie, Lav, Det, and others you havent met yet lead you to the path away from wretchedness. IT is SO WORTH IT.

Kaslo, of the Thawed Garden

Happy Easter!
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

IJM - whew! Thank Kat and your higher brain that you are ready to live again without the addictive toxin. I am sorry about the loss of your friend. I am encouraged to hear you are no longer allowing that hurt and sorrow make you feel you need to drink.

Now get back to the piano lessons. I am learning the accordion and need someone to jam with!

I'm glad your back. Life - even when shitty - is ALWAYS easier to deal with AF.

xxxx
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Thanks everyone. This is pretty hard tonight. 8PM and I'd normally be into my 4th glass of wine by now. But I'm really looking forward to a good nights sleep and getting up clear headed in the morning.

Night all!
                IJM

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

IJM

We love you!

No back to kicking your butt!!

That is all.

:hM3
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Welcome back IJM - this IS the place to be
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Glad to have you back IJM!:l
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Good morning, LJM!

Don't really know you, but remember your avatar with the Brittany. We have three Britts. Who is Kat? Not sure about some of these things, as I didn't know you previously. But I am glad to see you back, in any case!! I consider myself blessed to have all my friends here to encourage me in my AF way of life.
                        :lTDN
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Hi IJM, nice to "meet" you! Good for you for jumping back on this af train. I'm sorry you had some ugly drama. Starting over does suck but as you know, the cloud will soon lift.
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

IJM!!! Welcome back. Learning how to deal with life on life's terms - including the sucky parts - SOBER has been a challenge. It sure beats the alternative though. I'm so glad you are back here to stop abusing yourself and get your life back. :l

Let's kick ass and take names, OK? One thing is for sure...

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Dudes! I'm Back!

Hi IJM-so glad you are back but sorry it's under less than optimal circumstances. You really need to stick close to us after you've had a few months AF under your belt. You seem to disappear at that point and then something major happens and back you go to the poison. Am I on the right track or is my memory whacked?

At any rate I'm so very sorry that you and your BF had a falling out. It's never easy to lose someone you love no matter what the circumstances and I'm sorry you had to go through this. Please know that we will prop you up and get you through the tough first month and will be here for you for your journey to a better life and beyond.

Please use all the tools at your disposal and don't be afraid to ask for help.

"Ripple". Tee hee.

:h :l
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X