Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday April 9

Good morning, Aberooners,

Hard to make proper coffee in a country that lives to drink tea. My sis in law only has Nescafe (bleh) but I am afraid this is all I can do for now. Oh ... And hot cross buns from Marks &Spencer ... Let's not read the list of ingredients, Det.

Trying to get 4 kids + luggage into 2 cars ... It's like a desorganized military excercise.

Turn, that picture is disturbing - I am being properly rained on but heck, this is London.
    Sorry, so sorry, absolutely Zero chance of a chat - bloody useless IPAD ...

Ok affies, better get this show on the road and think of it as holiday.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi Shue and all to follow
    Off in the camper van for a break with the kids til Fri eve. Off to Isle of Mull - west Scotland. Well stocked up with AF drinks, so shouldn't be a problem, Mr Sausage has packed a few beers but this doesn't bother me as I'm not a beer drinker. I' ll try and check MWO from my phone occasionally if I have a signal, but not sure if I'll be able to post easily.
    See you all Friday, have a great AF week
    Sausage x
    Day 46

Comment

Good Monday morning, Abbies!
      Shue, Nescafe? That has to be just about impossible for you! No worried--I have some nice hot French Roast here. Hot cross buns? I'll pass on those, thanks
      Saucy, you made it despite hubby's drinking. Glad he chilled the AF wine for you. i think he may be having trouble accepting you as a sober mate, but I see hope for him. Hope you have a great camping week with the kids!
      Had a very nice afternoon with my sister, my niece and their assitant/nanny. They brought two bottle of nice red wine, but I always preferred white, and honestly, it didn't bother me at all to pour their first glass as I made Shirley Temples for my niece and me. Mr TDN had a diet coke. Sis and nanny finished almost a bottle and a half, but nanny drank more, as she wasn't driving. She is very loud anyway, but wow--so apparent the effect AL has on her! Poor Mr TDN had only met her once, and hadn't spent four hours with her:H Nobody got a word in with her around! My sister and Mr TDN actually shared a laugh about her at one point! They did have coffee before leaving. I am amazed at how that wine held no attraction for me. Mr TDN was great with the grill and getting everything cooked. Local filets were excellent, and I'm glad I had what I thought would be too much. They disappeared!
      My niece halped me a bit with setting up a blog on tumblr, and i will try poking aorund with it this week. Also need to get on lynda.com for some lessons on blogging, websites, etc. I cannot believe how savvy my 12 yr olad niece is. She still doesn't know about my DUIs, but nanny asked if I was driving yet, and I'm sure that made her suspicious. Oh, well--we glossed over that.
      Kas, those babies are precious! Don't know how your daughter manages being a single mom.
      Sunni--what can I say? Peanut is so cute! Loved your daughter's cake! She is very lucky to have such a good mom!
      Turn--OMG!! SNOW??? I agree--that just isn't right! We are supposed to have a dreary week, but thank God nothing like that.
      Sugar--how did Easter go for you?
      Lav, hope you are sleeping in!
      Greenie, glad your friend invited you for lunch! How did it go?
      Pap3--how was your family dinner? Did you have your lunch meeting for the job?
      Can't wait to see Bear back today!! Have been thinking about you all along.
      And Uni---hope you are doing well in your program. Miss you!
      Has anyone heard from Sid? Miss you, too!
      I am alsways so happy to log on and "see" all of my friends here! Gives me encouragement to continue along the AF path!
      Kind of thinking I will hear from the insurance agency today that they chose somebody else, and I'm okay with it.
      Have to set up and make coffee at AA today, and then have my women's meeting at 4:00.
      Wishing everyone a FAB AF day!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi Shue, Sausage (safe travels!) and all to pop in

After several delays, wicked turbulance, and the nasty smell of chile dogs on our plane, it feels good to be home. I start day 48 af today. The trip was easier than I expected. I had really strong cravings one evening at a restaurant but didn't cave to that monster. I have much reading to do on here, plus work, laundry and that darn grocery store is calling. Just call me Old Mother Hubbard!
        Hope everyone has a rockin funday Monday!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning TDN! Cross post. Ok I'm off to catch up on some MWO reading....
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Chili dogs on a plane should be against the law. Just sayin'

TDN, the lunch was stellar! They live on the lake I referred to. We went out on a boat ride after a wonderful lunch and then hung out on the dock for a while. Sunny and warm. Then I went home and returned to the same lake with a diff friend and we kayaked around coves until sunset. Beautiful day. Nobody drank or even talked about it at lunch - and not because of me. And after kayaking we were offered some libations but my friend said she had things to tend to at home and I just said no thanks and nobody bothered with anything. Nice! Some people really just live like that naturally without thinking about it. That continues to amaze me.

Today I'm meeting a couple friends at a museum to see the body vitale exhibit then go to lunch. (BBQ ribs? :H) Somewhere in here I need to at least vacuum.

Turnip, I don't swim in the river. It's rather cold coming from under the dam and it's got a good current. You can stand in certain places to fish but I'd wear waders. I wade across to the island in sandals in the summer but I always mark a water line because when they release, the water comes up fast with a strong current.

Sausage, have a good AF time!

Kas, grandkids are cutie pies! Don't envy the pretty daughter as single mom of 2. EEK!

Later!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Guys,

Super quick hello to everyone and I will post more later. Gotta run cause I'm covering the opening shift for someone who's on vacation this week. Have a great day everyone!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Cross post, AF! Glad the trip was good!
                Totally forgot to tell Lav that I can't wait until she picks up Matilda today and sends pics!! Rusty had quite the workout yesterday with his "cousin" BooBoo the Bichon, who is about two years old. He didn't want to get out of bed this morning:H Hope maxie is ready for a young'un!
                Greenie, that lunch and afternoon sound like paradise! Lovely that nobody cared to drink.
                Okay, off to hit shower!
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Almostfamous;1294077 wrote: Hi Shue, Sausage (safe travels!) and all to pop in

After several delays, wicked turbulance, and the nasty smell of chile dogs on our plane, it feels good to be home. I start day 48 af today. The trip was easier than I expected. I had really strong cravings one evening at a restaurant but didn't cave to that monster. I have much reading to do on here, plus work, laundry and that darn grocery store is calling. Just call me Old Mother Hubbard!
                  Hope everyone has a rockin funday Monday!
                  Almost....congrats on the 48 days and on making it through the trip AF. It's challenges like these that make us stronger. Coming out on the other side AF is great isn't it!!
                  :hM3
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

Hi fABbies! Quick hello from me. I am very out of touch with everyone but so glad this thread is here every day for all who need it!!!! AF one day at a time.

Yes I'm with you M3 - it's the rough times we get through AF that make us stronger!!

Sausage - have fun on your trip. I'm so glad you made it through that issue with Mr. Sausage.

IJM - time for you to check in, eh?

It's going to be a wild ride this week in Doggyland. I'm strapped in and AF.

One thing is for sure...

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning Fabbies!

Is Matilda here yet!? :H
                      I'll be gone most of the day, taking peanut and my daughter home. *sniff*

I'm with Greenie... chili cheese dogs on planes? Don't sound right at all!
                      Almost.. welcome back and well done, you!
                      Greenie.. your outings always sound magical! Thank you for sharing them with us.
                      Welcome back Bear... where are ya?
                      Turnip... have you sorted out your labor dispute between the jolly one and the one with the long ears? :l I feel for you.
                      Sausage, have a great trip!
                      Shue... Nescafe? Uggh. My condolences.

Edited: :hallo: Momof3!
                      Edited again: :hallo: DG!!!

Okiefine... time to get rolling here. Have a fabulous AF day, everyone!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wow, good morning Abbers ~ on page 2 already :H

Getting some work done here then heading to Curves then heading to pick up Ms Matilda
                        Maxie is still sleeping & she has no freaking idea of what's to come :H

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Monday!
                        Drive carefully Sunni.
                        Hope to be back with a pic or two later!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Someone suggested I join this thread for accountability instead of just sticking close to friends.
                          Day 4 AF and taking AB and feeling good right now.....I really want this to stick this time, so please hold my feet to the fire...na more half-assed attempts for this girl, but still one day at a time for now!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning Abstifabineenos. Thanks Shue for ipadding into the thread. My grandfather used to call your experience with 4 kids luggage etc and a car on a somewhat aimless trip on a day off a Daft Folks Trip.
                            Saucy have a blast. It sounds like Mr. Saucy may have finally gotten the picture.
                            Have a nice Day TDN

Congrats Almost Famous on 48 days, well done! I used to fly a LOT in my job, small fixed wing, turboprop, helicopters etc and ordinary jet aircraft back and forth across the country and in the north, and I just have to say that chili dogs should be banned on aircraft as potential navigation hazards.

Greenie, I get so much out of your life, I feel like I should pay rent! You live right and that is all.

Blondie, you as well. Hope you have a great day at work.

M3 jog in here more often will ya? I miss your common sense commentary. We need people like you in AF country.

I am learning to like this retirement thing. I am not completely retired, I have a couple of jobs coming up, but life for me is really quite relaxed, and I can do the things I have always wanted to do, like spend more time in my garden.

Turnski, that s&%w stuff is just WRONG. However, you are in Alaska where the spring is kinda white. We had snow on Saturday morning here, as well and I got a snootfull of the damned stuff driving back from Victoria.

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments on my extremely cute grandkids. My daughters life is not her own for sure. Her husband if you want to call him that, could not handle a 14 month old and a 3 month old, lost it and dissapeared. Its been two years now, and she has done very well. My grand daughter is quite a gal. Here she is in her "Cowboy Pwintheth" outfit, looking adorable if I may say so myself.

Good morning to all you other Abstinencers this morning.... Have a great AF day.

Kaslo
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hey all - day 1 here. I honestly don't know what my long term plans are re alcohol - but I know I will be happy with a month alcohol free and then I will see how I feel.

Making a big,long term and public commitment freaks me out and makes me more likely to self sabotage - same with weight loss - same with stopping smoking (which I have managed).

I am honestly still in limbo.I just don't know. I know this doesn't make sense to a lot of you but there it is.

Thinking about it causes me a tonne of anxiety so for now I am focusing on being AF and healthy today and aiming for my month AF here with you all.
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X