af daily wed 11 april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily wed 11 april

Morning all - up ready for day 3 af here. feeling good - big pot of italian coffee on

Found out yesterday there will be 50% less jobs where I work due to NHS changes - at least we have rough timescales now - interviews in September and then people in post (or not) by December.

I'm trying not to worry about it, save up, and think about what it is that I would really like to do. I know people often say that redundancy has been a good thing for them.

Anyway, I need to drink my coffee and have some breakfast.
    one day at a time

af daily wed 11 april

Just checking in to say Morning Bear and all to come, I'm in good old form today, nothing much to report. Wishing ye all a great AF day
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Hi bear!

Phew, just thought I was going to have to make the coffee.
      Where's that lazy Shue No I know she's on hols. Hope you're still OK Shue!

I worked in the NHS for a while, mental health services but that was 5 years ago, now I NEED mental health services.

So, let me just make sure I understand you correctly. You heard that 50% of the people in your dpt are being laid off? That's bad but you know what, I'm really glad that you are already trying to see the positive in that. Sometimes when we are sober that is a hell of a lot easier to do.

When I drink and something bad happens I just run to my room with a bottle. I never deal with anything. We only get a few chances in life to stop and think about what we really want to do and you're right, 9 out of 10 times people who that happened to change careers or get another job and end up saying they wish it happened years earlier.

But I know it will be a stressful time anyway as even if you stay on people around you will go and people will be on edge so I will think of you. :l I hate this bloody economy of ours.

I'm well, headache is gone. Kas - I was still rambling on last night while you were fighting with the leaves. I have a big translation project starting tomorrow and very nervous about that and I find the Topa makes me a bit hyper which means I find it hard now to sit still for very long.

Can I ask a question? How many people around here feel well until 3PM and then have a energy slump from 3-9? I know someone mentioned it yesterday and I definitely feel it. Anyone? What can it be? How can I prevent it?

Have a great day everyone and thanks for being so welcoming. South Africa isnt exactly Aus but I guess if you are in the US or UK it might as well be

A pic of where I'm from in Cape Town:

XOX

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Bear- thanks for the much needed coffee. It's delicious!
        Sending you positive job thoughts.

Good morning Sugar!

Dizzy- gorgeous picture. Such a picturesque place.
        I have that afternoon "slump" too. I either crave sugar or snacks at that time too. If I could take a half hour nap everyday I would but my boss just might frown upon that just a tad. For a while I was drinking green tea in the afternoon but decided no more caffeine after the morning. A good night sleep is a big enough challenge.
        Hmmm maybe Kas has some ideas on that slump. Hey, maybe Kas has the answer to my sluggish metabolism.
        Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller???? Wishing every peep a fab day.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Morning Fabs!

Bear I'm glad to see you put in an AF month for any reason. Your body will thank you. That stopping and starting stuff, well... I'm glad it's over for me. I wonder if it's confusing for your friends in terms of how to support you.

Diz, it's cool to get an idea of where you live. Good luck with your project.

Sugarbeat, love hearing about the positives of your meditation practices.

So much living to do, so little time in a day.... so glad I don't spend any of it drinking or engaged in any of the bullshit that goes with it. That is all.

One thing's for sure!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

X-post famous! Re the slump, are you hydrated?
            sigpic

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Good morning, all!

Great coffee, Bear! Thanks! Job situation sounds not so good, but yes, maybe something good will come out of it!
              Everyone sounding good this a.m. Love the pic, Dizzy!! Beautiful place. I sometimes feel sleepy in the afternoon, especially if I am not moving around.
              Kas, thanks so much for all the info yesterday!! I love reading your posts, as you have so much knowledge that helps us all--and you don't even charge for it:H Seriously, it is very helpful and I always learn something from you.
              Have to go and make my cake pops (balls, as I need to get the sticks) for my children. Too lazy last night to start making them. Not sure what the kids will do if i don't bring them!
              Have a great AF day, friends!
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Hey Almostfamous! Thanks for commiserating.

Also Kas, I want to ask you a question. Ha! You're going to be sorry you bumped into me

Fact or myth: "Using a mineraliser footbath, the treatments aid not only in purifying the body, but also in reducing stress and inducing relaxation."

Are those foot patches and those foot baths that turn brown for real or are they just gimmicks in your opinion? I have a offer to go for a footbath treatment for half price R100 (about $12) but I don't want to waste my money, even on half price treatments

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Diz, I've heard people say they love the ionic footbaths. Dr. Andrew Weil discounted them entirely- you can probably locate his findings on his website. And I'll throw in the fact that what you believe weighs in at a good percentage relative to the effectiveness of treatments. That said, Chinese medicine calls for a very warm foot soak for 15 minutes before bed time for good sleep. As a continual practice, not just an as needed basis. Have you tried regular foot massage on yourself? Areas of the foot (as well as hands and ears) rep. the body. Really work on those sore spots to help the correlating body part.

cake balls.... I'm pretty sure that requires a photo!
                  sigpic

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Thanks Greeneyes, I will try that! I have this wooden roller thingie which I can use for foot massages. Can't wait to move in with my bf as I actually love giving and receiving massages but I'm lazy doing it for myself. I mix epsom salts with olive oil and once a week I rub that into my skin before bath to help get rid of the toxins. Very good for the skin too.

As for hydrating, I have water coming out my ears here!

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Ohhh... I'll have to try the foot thing! Tried dry bush massage? Do you fast?
                      sigpic

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Good Morning Fabbulousos!

Dizzy, I've got one of them wooden roller thingies, too... but I use it for baking :H
                        I do have the slump as well... we usually take an hour nap when Mr. Wonderful gets home. It's a granny thing but I've come to really enjoy it.

Hello to Greenie, Sugar, Almost, TDN, Bear, and all to come!

Ya know what today is? The official 6 months mark for me I felt a bit shaky there a few weeks ago but am back on solid ground now. I'm incredibly thankful to be sober and sane these days.... in large part thanks to all of you. Thank you so much!!!!

Now... coffee.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Good morning Abbers,

Good to see you remembers the coffee bear

Greetings sugar & Almost!
                          Dizzy, I can't even think about feet without getting skeeved out - leftover from my long nursing career Whatever you do, I hope it's enjoyable!

Hi Greenie & TDN!
                          I agree, a picture of cakeballs is required :H

So nice to see you check in last night AFM!
                          I think about you often & welcome to the menopause club

I wrote a long post on the April AF thread about my insane day yesterday.
                          The puppy is doing real well & I will try to get the camera out today.
                          But first I need my trip to Curves. Expecting my daughter & Ms Lily later today - yay!

Wishing a fabulous AF Humpday to one & all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Sunni - cross post!

CONGRATS ON YOUR 6 AF MONTHS :yay:
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily wed 11 april

Congrats Sunshine!!!
                              :goodjob:

Greeneyes, I've tried to dry brush but I don't fast as it gives me migraines. I had an awful time the only time I ever had an operation because of the fasting thing. I think I'm fine now again, the mung bean sprouts was just pushing the toxins out TOO fast and I just had to ease back down on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X