AF Daily- Thursday, April 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning! I've never made the coffee for you all so I hope it's to your liking.

I always look forward to Thursday as Fridays I do not work. Well, I work ( running errands and tackling the list) on Fridays but don't get paid for it. I finally had a conversation with DH that I have really enjoyed not drinking. He merely said "good for you." if he really knew what I was up to the last year..... I'm so relieved not to be a person I didn't really care for anymore. Wishing everyone a super de duper (courtesy of that irritating purple dinosaur) day!!!!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Good morning, Almost and all to come!

Coffee is GREAT, Almost! Thanks!
    Hope on over to General Discussion to wish our dear Unwasted congrats on five months AF today!! UW, so happy for you. You are always there for us, especially the newbie who really needs encouragement. :goodjob:
    Started a scratchy throat last night, and think working with the kids (runy noses, sneezing, etc.) has taxed my immune system. Just took a nice dose of Emergen-C and will load up on all my vitamins today. Only had four kids yesterday--the others were all home sick:upset:
    Got an email from the woman who owns the seasonal tee and sweatshirt business here, and have an interview at noon tomorrow. I applied for the manager or assistant position, as I figure I might as well go for the big one. LOL. It would be five or six months of hectic seasonal work, but then time to find something else once I get my license back. And I do like being busy, so hope it works. As we know, nothing else has:H
    Had a drinking dream last night. I was somehow doing demos for a liquor company and was really tempted by a glass of scotch! It was such a weird dream, as I also had dog treats to distribute. Pap3, must have been our messaging. LOL! Anyway, I woke up before I took a sip, but felt like I was about to. Only a dream . . . I have dreams every night, and they are all disconnected, or so it seems.
    Having a massage today, after last week's seemed to help me after a day or two. My massage therapist is a friend, but I can't afford to go every week. Friend is picking me up and we will have a quick lunch afterwards. Gym later.
    Wishing everyone a happy AF day!
    Suni--Boris is very cute, and he is obvioulsy pretty smart, knowing wagt is really important in life!!!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Morning abbers!

I was home to be with the daughter last night so got to use the computer!
      The outpatient DBT therapy is going really well! I finally feel really understood and it's like everything I feel that has always made me feel wrong is now making sense to me! It's such a good feeling!

Anyway, I have not caught up at all so I cannot say anything although I did see that our Sunni made 6 months AF yesterday (woot woot)!!! I hope everyone is doing great and having an amazing AF day and I will touch base next time I have access to a computer.

Love and hugs,

Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Hi fABbies! I'm woefully behind around here. Popped in this morning to "touch the lifeline" before heading out for a very action packed couple of days. Wanted to say welcome back to Uni (not sure how long you have been back with us because I am very out of touch!!) It is great to see you. I'm so happy you have found help that is making sense for you. :l

Have a fABulous day one and all. My doings are detailed in the AA thread - lots going on the next two days!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning FABbies!

Quick fly-by... the dentist awaits. Uggh.
          DG... good to see you... you are missed!
          Almost, thank you for the coffee!
          TDN, I HATE those dreams! Good luck on the job interview! We're rooting for ya!
          Uni, sounds like you are finally getting the support you need. Very happy for you!

I shall return after my torture appointment... one thing is for sure!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Morning glories!

Hope everyone is have a fabulous day! Sunshine is beaming right now and I'm going to head out the door shortly for a walk to the park with Coco and seize the morning. So often I get caught up on browsing the internet on my mornings off and before I know it, the day is half over. Gotta stop doing that! Except for catching up on here!

Wishing you all love and joy in your lives today...be good to yourselves!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Quick fly-by for me.

I've been so wiped out the last couple days and I don't know why. I had a late night at work last night and could barely drive home. I'm feeling pretty lethargic now, but I've got to get my ass in gear to get ready for work.

I wish you all a happy AF day.

Comment

Hi Gang, quick chirp , hello to everyone,

Happy belated 6 months to Sunnybut!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Love the pics of Matilda, Boris and Turn's twin peaks, twin pugs + unidentified musical instrument

Tomorrow I finally leave this place - off to the Romanian Easter.

I cannot zip my jeans but I am beyond caring.
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hello friends,

I must say I received great enjoyment from reading yesterday's thread last night. I suppose my family wondered what I was giggling about. (If they only knew):H

2 questions: What is Italian coffee? and what is haggis? (or do I even want to know?)

Kaslo--I for one am enjoying the science lessons. Keep em coming. I am going to try to drink more H2O and get up and move more.

Our weather has been cool, windy and dreary. All of us were in need of a nap yesterday. I swear my batteries are charged by the sun! We had a few gorgeous warm days and sometimes I think that is worse when it turns crappy again! I don't mind all that much, because I have plenty of inside projects to keep me busy--but that spring fever has already hit!

So great to see you AFM and Uni! You both sound wonderful!!:l

Congrats to those celebrating milestones! Sunni--6 months! Way to go!!:goodjob:

I am really enjoying having #1 son around more (since he is grounded). He is not pouting he has a good attitude. I wish he would hang out with us even when he's not grounded--it feels like good family bonding.

I may have mentioned that on Easter when hubby said he should probably stop and buy some beer--I told him maybe he could take a day off. He didn't stop, but he did have a beer or two with his sister before dinner.

At yoga yesterday one of my friends said she had a bad hangover on Easter morning. (She was at the celebration of life for our friend) I said "NOT ME!!!!":H

Ok, better get busy and do something this morning then off to #2 son's track meet.

Have a great sober day all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey Fabbers! Almost, thanks for starting. Mr Kaslo did the same thing. It was dissapointing not to have bells and whistles go off. I guess that is what this place is for. Except I didnt discover it until I was a good 3 months in.

Hi to Uni (glad to see you post, hope you are feeling better soon), TDN, Blondie, Shu, DG, Fly, Sunni GREAT picture of Boris, I too have a very cute but pretty much useless cat.. thanks to all who post photographs on here, I know it takes time and effort, and I really love to see them. Turn, your shot of the mountains is hilarious.

LVT I often wonder if I am not sounding too stuffy, sciency, boring, bossy, aka Miss Science Panties. So unless someone asks a question, ima keep my pie buccal cavity closed. Or try to. Sometimes I cant help myself.
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi all

Thanks, the coffee is lovely.

Just a quick hi to say everything's fine. I picked up my new assignment today and enjoyed my last day of freedom by hanging out with my mom, shopping and going to the beach. Well its almost Winter and we already had rain but today and tomorrow is almost 30 degrees Celcius so you cant help a girl for clinging on to those last few rays of sunshine, especially as she's heading for the UK soon.

Stunning day EXCEPT for the couple that had sex in the cubicle next to me. Now I'm all for to each his own but they were LOUD and OBNOXIOUS and I gave them three warning signs that I knew what they were up to before I called security. I mean they lady was almost screaming, I thought the cubicle divider was going to collapse on me, their door wasnt LOCKED and there were little kids standing outside of it. I saw them leaving red-faced a while later and could see they were high as kites. It made me feel like having a shower. Yuck. Anyway, my one friend always says when something yucky happens she has to tell at least one other person to cleanse her soul so sorry for dumping it on you guys.

So happy to be sober and happy!

XOX

Comment

DBee...Thats pretty rediculous. Not to mention disruptive and embarrassing.

Another advantage of working from home, I guess!

Kaslo
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Evening all - just back from work - busy emotionally draining day.had 360 degree feedback and really positive from peers,colleagues and direct reports.

Slightly less posiitive - altho not exactly negative from line manager and director.
                          Oh well - try and get positives out of it. I was really upset but after chat with good friend and ex colleague feel a lot better.

Coffee was lovely - thanks - just what I needed.
                          Day 4 af and feeling good.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Ello my friends

A wee bit of a late checkin in, I've been busy swatting today, I got called for an interview for the job I mentioned last week, interview is tomorrow, trying to stay focused, calm and confident, but wobble from moment to moment

Despite my wee panic re revising and preping myself, I did everthing I had to do today for my recovery, my mediation, a meeting and calling a friend in recovery and skippin my here, its my daily routine so I know no matter how busy I get, I need to do these things.

Hope you all had a great day, only had a chance to give a quick glance on your goings on today, Dizzy gettin stuck beside a love shake TND mossive good luck to you tomorrow too. Woww Sunni, congrats on 6mths,Shue safe travels and to everyone else sweet dreams and I'll chat more after tomorrow
                            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

:waving:

Hello from the other side of the planet

Crazy busy here with work and kiddies stuff (when is it not LOL). I just have to say that this AF life is the best decision I have EVER made in my 41 years. I feel amazing and so much better equiped to cope with whatever life throws at me.

To Sunni-bunny-fellow-horsey person
                              CONGRATULATIONS
                              You inspire me

Dizzy - thanks for the pics, I lived in CT for a couple of years, I recon there is no prettier city in the world. and eeewwww to the public sex

Lav - thanks for the pics for Matilda, she is just a cutie

Shue - Safe travels

Kas - please do not keep your pie buccal cavity closed - I love hearing the science

TDN and Sugar - good luck with job interviews, holding thumbs for you.

Have a wonderfule safe AF day to every one of you..I am away for the next few days, but will hopefully be back next week (unless I can post from my phone..reception may be a bit doutful)

xx

one thing is for DARN sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X