AF Daily~Sunday, April 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone??? Good thing I got the coffee going--French Roast and it tastes very good!!
    Good news--I got the job as manager of the shop I told you all about! Got a very nice email yesterday from the owner I'd met with and she offered me the job--and I quickly responded "yes!" So excited, as I really think I will like it and will do well. Only thing--she then emailed me to say she'd hired an assistant, a young woman, and thought it would be a good idea for us to come to one of the stores in ME to train for a few days. I started to panic a bit then. I don't want to jeopardize anything, so I am thinking of saying that my car is being repaired and maybe the assistant could drive if hubby drops me off at her house. She is about 1/2 from here, but closer to ME. I don't like to lie, but don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?? I'd be starting probably in a week or so.
    Need to go back and reread all the posts from yesterday, but wanted to say that I always feel like I have met all of you--face-to-face, I mean. And hope it's okay, Pap3, to say that your new job is with the company I did demos with for several years, and would still be doing them if i could drive! I would never recommened anyone unless i felt 100% sure she'd be great, and I knew Pap3 would!!! I'm just about excited about this as I am about my own job I have this idea in my mind that we can all meet up somewhere sometime in the future!
    Had a great dinner with our friends last night, and I even poured the Chardonnay for the two girl pals!! One had brought a bottle of a sparkling pomegranate type of non-alcoholic champagne for me. It was fantastic, but as I was removing the cork I managed to give myself a fizzy bath, LOL!! Anyway, one friend drank 1 glass and the other had 2, and hubby had 1 beer and one guy had 1 glass of red. Other one doesn't drink--recovered alcoholic. I gave the remains of the opened bottles to the friend who'd brought them, and the unopened to my other friend. They were so kind in making sure this didn't bother me, and it truly doesn't, thank God!!!!
    Okay, off to read the newspaper and then get ready for church at 10:00. My walking buddy got back from FL yesterday, so hoping we cna get in a walk later in the beautiful weather we are having!
    Happy Sober Sunday to all!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Yay!! Congratulations TDN!! I'm so happy for you!

P3 you too! I did see that yesterday in your post. How exciting!

TDN, Sometimes I think we feel like we need to explain everything which leads us down the path of white lies and agonizing over what may be acceptable in the lie department. An explanation isn't necessary. Just ask if you can catch a ride. And if you are asked to drive just say you're sorry, that's not possible this time. Or I can't arrange that this time, etc. No need to expand on it. Probably like why we're not drinking - most people don't care and a reason isn't really necessary. We just make things so big in our head. Well IMHO anyway. So how's your foot?

I wish this day was 48 hours long there's so much I want to do. Starting out with coffee and a donut......WHY DID I SAY THAT??? I don't have any donuts!! I meant newspaper. DAMMIT LAV! anyway, by the firepit. It's only a little cool but I'm still wanting a fire.

donut. that is all.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Famous a good pouring rain day is kinda nice now and then. Take advantage of it. I'm thinking we need to do a raid on Lav's house for donuts.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the good advice, Greenie. I guess I always focus on this too much.
        Foot is better. My right side is also back to normal after two massages. Have another one this Thursday, but can't afford it weekly, so will try for monthly. It did make a big difference! Thanks for asking!
        Kas--I noticed that you had 14 months as of yesterday!!! CONGRATS!! Think you know what a huge inspiration you are to me and everyone else here!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Good Morning All,

Uh oh. Two Sunday threads today. Hope all is well in everyone's world. There's lots of unresolved stuff in my life right now and some big decisions to make. Working hard to live in love and not fear right now. One thing is for sure.

:h
          M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Hi, Mom3.

Just sending big hugs to you today and hoping it all works out for you.
            :lTDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi guys!

Mom of 3 - ((((hugs)))). I hope everything works out for you - I know what turmoil feels like. Stay in today and tackle one thing at a time.

TDN - congrats on the job!
              Kaslo - congrats on 14 months! That is a huge inspiration to me. You are a huge inspiration period.

I am feeling good - have had some rough moments this weekend but I am using the tools I am learning to focus and stay in the moment and you know what? They have worked!!! Have had a great weekend with my daughter and I think that Mike is starting to see the progress in me as well. Today we will watch some hockey (I know, shocking for me eh? LOL), probably play some one on one basketball outside, tidy the house a bit and I might run out to grab some groceries. All in all a good day planned.

Miss you guys - I'll check in again soon!
              Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

momof3;1297269 wrote: There's lots of unresolved stuff in my life right now and some big decisions to make. Working hard to live in love and not fear right now.
                M3, you are without a doubt completely equipped with all you need to navigate. Which is why this stuff has surfaced for you at this time. :l
                sigpic

Comment

Uni so good to hear from you and that you are having success with the tools. Sounds like a good day for you! I'm hoping for a never-ending stream of them for you. :l
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone, Big congrats to TDN and P3...thats HUGE!

M3 you always seem so firmly organized in your thinking, I cant imagine you succumbing to any negative stuff. I guess I just think of you as being super strong and decisive. Will be thinking of you today. YOU have been a big inspiration for ME.

Uni, So GREAT to see you writing happy things on here... keep it up.

Green-E you are such a bush girl.

Had my kayak out on the water for the first time yesterday this season. As a day, it got an A. Saw lots of wildlife and had a lovely picnic with Mr. Kaslo. Then back in my garden and a lovely dinner of yoghurt marinaded chicken breast, fried in a bit of butter with a breadcrumb basil and garlic crust, then baked on a bed of onions, with a brocolli, cranberry mayo salad, green salad, mashed potatoes...mmmm. Great day. Another kayak day today.... Here are some shots.

These are the rock formations at Deer Park, accessible by water only.

This is a mature California Big Horn Sheep male full curl, fortunately will escape being target practice here this year. On the rocks on the road out. Giving me the hairy eyeball.

I am glad to be an inspiration, I feel fantastic, happy, healthy and contented. ONE THING IS FOR SURE. Keep going people, as M3 Lav, Greenie, Pap and others know, it is SO worth every effort.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

love is the law, right?
                      I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Howdy Abber's!

Good to see you Raven. Love is indeed a preferred path for me, rather than fear. The law of attraction is such a powerful, but i sense largely untapped and unknown universal law amongst humans. And that Californian big horn sheep sure knows somethin'...........

Yo fruity!

One things for sure.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy AF'ing sunday ABeroooonies!

thanks for the lovely kickstart Threedog.

Kudos to Kas of the 'way up there regions' for 14 months AF and going strong. hey, how close did you get to that magnificent ram?

Mom3, how do you like teaching yoga? is the market still ok?

well, today Dx and I go car shopping finally. a big decision but it's just nor worth fixing her old truck. I'm not a car guy so I really don't like this process. I especially don't like the smarmy salesmen with food on their ties.

anyone lurking? pop into the AF human laboratory! (cackle of evil laughter ensues)

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Det, CBHS can be habituated to humans as you know, and this herd hangs out on the Deer Park road, so the ram was about 20 feet away. Still the habitat on either side of this very narrow bush road is typical. Here is a shot of an older ewe in typical rocky habitat 20 feet up from the road.

Good luck with car shopping, too. Not my fave either, and I always seem to come away with more than I wanted to pay for. Also, why does it take so long...??? I HATE sitting in their frigging offices while they endlessly fart around on the computer for hours, while I SIT there, making sure I feel as though I might not be good enough or rich enough or something, while they try to sell me sixteen things extra that I dont need? My sister (RIP) was a car dealership manager, and I know all of those bastards are shysters of the first water. (My apologies to bastards and shysters and car salesmen out there....).

NOW I am going OUTSIDE, where I belong.

kaslo
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Guess I posted on the other thread this morning.........

Kaslo, I just want to reach out & grab that animal before she falls :H
                              Glad you are enjoying your weekend & congrats on the 14 AF months

M3, your virtual spiritual friends are with you!!!

Well, I have 5 coming for dinner including YB - now he wants to be included.....whatever.....

I think I'm going to sell my donut recipe :H
                              They were ridiculously easy. When I get a few free minutes I'm going to calculate caloric content (just curious).

OK, off to roast a (store bought) chicken :H
                              Have a great AF Sunday!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X