Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning everyone

As it is Monday morning I thought I would start us off on our new week.

:goodjob: Papmom - so pleased about the new job and hope that finger is healing nicely.

Chill - Bon voyage this week, look forward to hearing about you new adventure.

SD and anyone else not feeling well, hope you soon improve.

I had a cold last week but it is nearly gone. Had a lovely week-end and we had a wonderful meal in memory of my cousin on her 40th. She was wise beyond her years. From her 20's she surrounded herself with wonderful people. I feel I have achieved that on this thread and am still working at it in the real world.

Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good Morning Gals and Geese

Rustop - who we spend time with is so important. When I move I hope to find a similar group to my Positively Alive one, whenever I was with them it had such a powerful effect on me.

Sunni - Sorry about the song, music is amazing that way. I can hear a song from my youth and be transported right back there in an instant. Its incredible how much emotion it creates. I also have a playlist of "feel good" songs which when I play always lift me up.

SD - I hope you are feeling better today, don't worry about the amount you are sleeping, thats when the body gets the chance to heal. Sending you love.

Well I'm off out to walk Elle, its still been very cold here, only 9c/35f. Then I'm hitting the gym , lunching at my Parents and back for more packing.

Wishing you all a marvellous Monday!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

?He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.?
      Proverb -

Rustop, your cousin sounds like she was a very special lady indeed. I agree whole-heartedly with you and Chill that it is important to surround yourself with wise and loving people. It's also important to reach out to someone who is "lost" and get them back on the right path. Chill, I listened to the song "Need You Now" by Lady A. to hear the line. I like the message in the line as you interpreted it, but I must say, the song was not what I expected somehow since I was focused on the line. It was a good song though. Good luck with your move!

SD, I hope you feel better soon!

Rusty, Where are you?!

It is my busy time of year with work, often having too much to finish within the confines of the work day. This weekend I had some I was supposed to get done, but I just couldn't make myself focus. Saturday I had lots of chores to do, then Sunday, the weather was so fabulous I had to play! Pulling weeds, taking a walk, watching my son and grandson fly a kite.... So, back to work today and will somehow have to scrunch more in than usual.

Happy AF Monday!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Another lovely Monday, beginning of our week...

Rustop, what a lovely celebration of life. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Dill, loved the quote, how do we find good people, wise people to hang with? It is important, and I am searching for a group/crew that I feel comfortable being with. I have tried some churches, but since they are so mean about gay people, I just will not attend, commit. I will keep searching...

Chill, you met your positively alive group how? And all the retreats with likeminded people. Let me know if you have time. Good luck this final week in Scotland, your journey through this winter has been amazing. I have been reading an older Dr. Weil book, and he emphasizes holistic changes. I am tryng out a few.

Lav, it is fun to have people over for dinner, have fun. I like your healthy food ideas. Yours too Chill.

Dill, we all need our time off to be our time off. Good for you playing and spending time with the ones you love. Work will always be there!

I had a lovely weekend, yesterday we visited a local zoo, and it was amazing. I am always thrilled with all the creatures, and of course there were lots of little kids, who were darling. It is hard to be excited about work, but I am focusing on the blessing of having a job, and all the other positives in my life. I think I need to get serious about an eating plan and regular exercise. I have been tired alot lately, and noticed my food intake has been iffy, and my exercise sporadic. Hey Chill, tell me again the changes you made to feel 100% better.

To all, have a good day.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good Monday morning Flockers,

Heading up to an incredible 90 degrees today. Just turned the heat off 2 days ago

SD, you poor kid! My daughter gets severe URI's like that. Her's started when her 1st grade teacher came to school sick with bronchitis. Most of the kids ended up sick & for my kid it has been an annual event ever since. Please take care of yourself!

Rustop, nice to hear that your memorial gathering went well. Always so hard when we lose someone young.

Chill, hope you find what you are looking for when you move. Maybe you are destined to start your own Positively Alive group

Dill, so hard to stay inside & work when the weather is like this! Self-discipline is getting a little harder to summon up where it comes to work for me - age related?
          I am totally focused on health & happiness matters these days, maybe you are as well!

Hi Star!
          Food choices have made a big difference for me as well. I have imbarked on a no red meat, dairy-free lifestyle & it has eliminated my disturbing GI symptoms & greatly improved the generalized aches & pains too.

I have a trip to Curves on the plan then a long list of chores so I may as well get started.
          Hope I can get Matilda to sit for a few photos this afternoon!
          Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

GOOD MORNING!!!

I have been up early getting ready for my trip. I am almost all packed and need to just get the last of my toiletries in before I leave for work this morning. I am working 1/2 day and then we are heading up to VT around 3ish. Seminar starts at 9AM tomorrow. Looking forward to the change of scenary. Brought my gym clothes cause I'm sure the Marriott will have a fitness room. And maybe pool! If anything, we are right in downtown Burlington on Lake Champlain and I'm sure I will get in some good walking.

Lav and company, I am also on the meat free diet...I just don't want to put red meat into my body any longer. It doesn't feel good to me and the more research I do...it is listed as a culprit in so many dis-eases...why bother? I am pretty much on a vegetarian diet now but have not given up dairy...trying to cut that down though!

Well, gotta run and get the rest of my gear "in gear". I will have wifi in the room so I hope to check with you guys periodically throughout the week. If for some reason you do not hear from me...know that I am thinking of you all and I know that you have my back! I'll be back late Thursday. Gave hubs a big hug goodbye this morning...will miss him and the pets but its just for a few days.

Love to everyone and have a super week! Lav, I am enjoying those warm temps today too! Feel bad for the marathon runners though...in all that heat today. I wish them the best!

Peace and Joy! Oh, PS, CHILL, good luck with the packing and move!!!!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

OMG Lav I was thinking the same thing about Chill! Someone started that first group right?

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the new PT job. Time wise it will be worse but hopefully it will be a job I can really be pasionate about. Its about time too!!

My finger is healing very slowly. I have it protected in a cage like splint and that has helped alot. I haven't changed the dressing today yet-almost too afraid that it will start bleeding again. As long as i don't hit it it doesn't hurt but typing, writing and doing dishes are tough.

I too must get the eating under control bit I think I've figured out that the sugar addiction and junk food addiction are a direct result of me not feeling settled in my life: job wise and house wise. At least the vehicle part is taken care of. It's definitely self defeating behavior as was the drinking. Hopefully I will figure it out in the near future.

It's going to be high 80's here so my plan is to dry clothes on the line and do as much inside as possible. There is enough to do believe me!!

Rustop, so glad your memorial went well.

Chill-u are getting some Chill time in while you prepare to move and that is fantastic!!

Lav-stay cool today and enjoy the warm weather

Star-yes, I agree work will always be there and right now I don't feel like I owe my employers any of my time off. I will pay for it in May but maybe that will be the wake up call they need to hire another person to help me or I'll get the pink slip. Don't really care at this point. Retirement plans and health insurance aren't the great bennies they used to be and don't help if you're dead! There is a girl on FB called Alison Travels (she also has a blog). Lucky for her she's a very talented photographer but didn't know how talented until she sold her condo, quit her 6 figure job, bought a Teardrop camper and took her dog with her across the country shooting what she could and entering as many contests and magazine as possible. The next year she ditched the TD and bought a tent and did the same thing for another year. Then home for a year and she just bought a Westfalia and she and a friend and dogs are off again. Oh and that first year on the road? She quit drinking and just celebrated her 3rd AF anni!!
              yes she is younger than me but she is my hero right now!!

http://www.alisonslife.com/

Anyway, long way around to say I agree with you and applaude Dill for choosing family over work!! Glad you had a great day at the zoo Star! I miss those days!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Just want to assure everyone that Will DID NOT lose his left ear as you might think after seeing this picture :H :H

Papmom, I was thinking about a smaller place this morning.............
                Big enough for me & the dogs (sorry chickens). If I stay here too long on my own I'll just wear out at some point & that's just not fun
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Well Lav, I have a cute little cottage in Central MA you can buy. No chickens allowed but the dogs would love the yard! Want me to leave the fish? :H

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

No grass cutting for me papmom - I'm thinking nice granny condo :H
                    Wherever I end up (someday) it has to be nearby the kids & grandkids. The rest of my 'family' has disappeared one by one over the years. I really don't like being a loner, this crap has been forced on me.
                    I love it when the puppy takes a nap :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Evening Gaggle

Lav - Fantastic photo!! She is a total sweetheart :h

Papmom - Maybe you and I should move to Lav's instead and help her take care of the place, I definitely thing Soul Sister living is the way forward for us all to get by. And I sure could do with some heat right now!

Re the sugar and junk food, Im absolutely convinced it works the same as AL for us. Have a little and we have to have more.... A few people had given me chocolate gifts knowing I was coming up to the end of lent. Having it in the house wasnt a problem as there was no way I would have broken my commitment. However I re opened that door on Easter Sunday and although I have been pretty controlled, since tasting it again it has allowed the thoughts to creep back in and instead of only having some once a week as I'd planned, at the weekend I had some Frid, Sat and Sun which is not on :no:

Now its finished Im going back to nothing as its easier than trying to mod. Sugar is highly addictive and so is junk food which is of course full of additives. I can honestly tell you that during my abstainence I had no cravings after the 1st couple of weeks which proves to me there is a physical addiction going on.

Star - you asked about the changes I had made, the sugar one has been the biggest as well as cutting down to almost no preservatives. I make sure I sleep for at least 7 hours straight and take vigorous exercise 4 times a week. I self reiki for 40 mins every morning before I get out of bed during which time I listen to relaxing meditation music or play a podcast from Hayhouse Radio, either way Im starting my day in a very calm positive way. I have to say I feel great and the biggest benefit has been to keep the depression at bay which was crippling me over Christmas.

One of the other major changes I have made is to let go of my constant worrying about the future, in particular regarding finances. I can only control whats going on right now and so that is all im dealing with. If I can do that and give it my best, I have to trust the future will take care of itself.

My Sister who has been unhappily married for 30 years, has a very dear close male friend who I suspect she is secretly in love with and has been for many years. He had been complaining of a sore back and was sent for a MRI scan and tests. 3 weeks ago he was told he has terminal cancer and has between 3 - 9 months to live, he is 50 year old.

I read a quote the other day by the Dalai Lama which made me think of him.
                      Some people, sweet and attractive, and strong and healthy, happen to die young.
                      They are masters in disguise teaching us about impermanence.

Im not going to waste my life on worries that may never happen......
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Happy Monday gang!

Chill - how sad. Stories like that just make me think about how much we should appreciate every single day - no matter what it brings. So sorry for your sister - to be unhappilly married for 30 years is a really long time - are you two close?

Lav - you should just enter that too-cute picture in a contest - it's adorable!

I switched doctors about a month ago and she cut out one of my bp medicines (kind of at my request). I believe my bp has been slowly creeping back to a bad level - they had bp screenings after church yesterday and mine was an "ungodly" 152/110! Needless to say, I have started back on the pill I had stopped taking and am making a trip to the doctors tomorrow. Could explain this nagging on again off again headache I've had for the past couple of weeks. You would think I would know better or at least by myself a stinkin blood pressure cuff! My daughter (the nurse) is going to have my head:H

On a serious note, I'm really trying to get healthy by eating better (still working on that - peppermint patties are my downfall) and trying to exercise more. I think I've tricked my mind into believing that since I've given up alcohol, the sweets have free reign! I know that's not a good way of thinking.

Almost 90 beautiful degrees here - got the ferns for the deck, now just need flowers.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Jolie-if you don't go to the doc tomorrow I will kick your butt from here and I'm betting Lav will show up on your doorstep so don't even think of skipping the appointment!! Positive thoughts going out to you that this is something that can be brought back under control and quickly. So good to see you posting again!!

Chill-I'm with you! Soul Sista Shanty is what we can call it. Here we come Lav-no need to move!
                          I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's friend. Very sad. He must be so frightened. I love the quote tho-I just finished reading Breakfast with Buddha and that quote reminded me of this story very much. I highly recommend this book, especially in audio book format.

Lav-that pic was just tooo cute. Agreed-contest material!!

Well, the pond is crystal clean and my house is still a pig sty. I really overdid it out in the sun and now have a pounding headache. You should have seen how red my face was a few hours ago!! Fish seem happy but probably will be hungry as all the algae they were feeding on is gone. I will try to find some fish food for them.

Up way too early tomorrow-must be at work by 8 for an 8:30 and then 9:30 meeting. Ugh. Quilting tomorrow so that's a plus. I really had hoped to finish my dad's curtains this weekend but the finger accident took care of that. I'm typing with it now tho so it's getting better (and it finally stopped bleeding). It is very very deep! I'll finish the curtains tomorrow nite no problem.

This coming weekend is my first agility trial since last summer I think. It's very close, only about 30 min away so I'm very happy that Mick and LM can stay home and I'll be home at a decent hour. TDN-wish you could come watch but its in RI so too far away.

time for dinner and then early to bed, after the Voice of course!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Jolie, if you look out your window & see a red Chevy pulling into your driveway ~ that's me coming to check your B/P :H
                            I quit one of my B/P meds last month, my B/P is good & I will inform my NP next month when I check in with her :H Having a nurse for a patient is a real pain in the butt

Chill, sorry about your sister's friend. Hopefully he will pass quickly & peacefully. Indeed we should be grateful for everyday & everyone we have in our lives. I'll never understand why some people (like YB) just don't grasp that concept

I'm on babysitting duty all day tomorrow - oh boy!
                            Keeping the puppy out of EB's hands has not been easy. Think of me :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since I've been here. I didn't pass my recertification exam and am facing a personal and financial crisis because of it. This means that I will lose about 85% of my recurring income. I haven't given up the fight and I will appeal an industry rule that was made about 8 years ago. It's been 14 years since I have felt so low....I know God has a plan and I suppose it was that I would be humbled or something. Humbled, yes, humiliated and broken, to say the least, as there was a public announcement about it. The last 5 days have been pure hell as all my clients (Barcelona, France, etc.) may be reassigned. This crisis is going to take ovaries of brass and I have to go find mine. I'm working away from home, but in state most of this week so I am staying with my mom. The positive aspects (if there are any) are that I have no desire to drink, or eat.
                              I see you guys haven't noticed I was gone. I need my space so won't be posting or lurking for a while.

Sunni, congrats on your 6 months. I posted my congrats on the thread that Lav posted.

Big hello to everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X