Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday April 17

Good glorious morning peeps,

After a long series of late nights, extensive travel, the family tour de force – 2 Easters (Catholic+ Orthodox), 3 birthday parties (1 kid + 2 adult) and 1 final house warming party (my brother’s new home) – I have finally made it home and slept in my bed last night for 12 solid hours. Hooorayy, I swear I have never been so homesick in my life (or tired for that matter).

I made a humongous pot of French roast ( and a wee one of decaf) – Sausage, also back tea for you. Boy, I had my fill of PG Tips in UK (better that then wine, I say).

I have missed you guys so much – technology failed me in the end, besides, there was not a single waking hour that was not filled with family gatherings and visits, ailing aunts and noisy nephews and nieces.

On the AL front – I have managed all UK leg AF (even returned a beer for not being AF – I asked for a Clausthaler and got a Heineken, not the same thing) - finally on Sunday at my brother’s house party I had 1 glass of champagne - I did not want it, did not feel the alcohol, I was simply too tired to fight with my sister in law who’s been on my case for not drinking ever since we arrived . It's like she wanted to drag it out of me that I am an alcoholic. I am not happy about it but also I am not going to dwell on it. Cowardly, I took the path of least resistance. I have gone out of my way for 9 days to stock other people’s houses with soft drinks in foreign cities – trying not to offend them, said my mantras and prayers every day. I know in my heart I tried everything I could to stay AF the whole time – at one point I simply ran out of energy.

Back home … at last.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Okey dokey, we have 2 openers, so I'll try and fix it up like this and away we go

DizzyBee;1298430 wrote: Shue, Shue, where are you? I miss you!

I have a big pot of coffee on the go, a plunger of decaf and some tea for myself and those in a similar mood.

Am a bit stressed as I have so much work today and its already 11am where I am but I guess the best way to do it is to just get started, eh?

Also I had a hell of a day yesterday. First the elation of getting the big job - its work from home but its a 3 month contract and possibly much longer. And then I found out my mom is swinging back down in bipolar. She gets really bad and refuses to leave the house and have attempted suicide twice in two years. This mixed with my dad still having the post colon operation bag, her having to replace it as he cant reach it, him having to go back in in 3 weeks to have it removed, her going to be like this for a month (her moods are quite predictable once it happens) It was all a bit much.

So I did buy a bottle of wine. But when I reached home I saw that my brother got home early. On Saturday night he took me out to dinner to congratulate me on doing so well. He and my one other friend are the only two people who knows about my rehab stint last year so he's ecstatic that I'm a whole new person.

I just couldnt bring myself to lock myself in my room and have a pity party for one with a bottle of wine while I know he'll be outside KNOWING what I was doing. So I opened up the wine and I poured it on the compost heap before I went into the house. It was a huge relief after it was gone, it was like carrying a piece of poison in my bag.

Anyway, have a great day peeps.

And in the words of Dori the great: Just Keep Swimming.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA

:l :l :l
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugar, thank you for the tie up.

Dizzy - I missed you too ... OUTSTANDING job pouring out the vino ...
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Loads goin on my friends already, ye sure can log upp the experiences quickly

I've an interview in a bit so real busy but will weigh in later

And shue so good to have youback, you were missed
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Thanks Sugar for simplifying things! Good luck with your interview.

Welcome back Shue!!!! I know how great it feels to be back in yourvown bed with your own pillow. Ahhhh. You are back in good hands here. Onward to sober days and no pressure filled family.

Dizzy- you made it through a hairy time unscathed. I'm sorry to read what you are going through. I think it was meant to be that your brother showed up when he did. Keep on keepin on. I'm glad you dumped the vino..

Can I ask for some positive vibes please???? The Almostfamous family recently put our home on the market. Talk about stress! Nothing like keeping it immaculate, working, caring for family and having a hubby that travels frequently. Big fun! Anyhoo, if you guys could kindly send some good thoughts so we can sell fairly fast, I'd appreciate it. :thanks:

Wishing everyone a terrific NO boozeday Tuesday.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

I think you did really great Shue. Some people are just thick skinned. You had a glass of champagne because someone was trying to bully you and you were really tired. Good for you for not making it a big deal. :goodjob:

I wouldve downed a bottle of wine because I was looking for 'another way out' Its totally different and therefore I would not have been able to have said its not a big deal. I also would have still been in bed with a hang over and a full-blown pity party.

Thanks Sugar, you are very sweet. Is there any way to delete the other thread? Good luck with the interview. :l

Sending you some super duper cheery happy vibes Almost. I'm into Reiki so I'm a big believer in positive thoughts and vibes. Thats a lot of stress so strongs to you. :h

Comment

Good morning, Shue, Dizzy, Sugar and Almost!
              Shue, WELCOME BACK!!! Have missed you so much! That SIL is a bitch--sorry, but trying to undermine your sobriety is just terribly WRONG! Now you are back home and not distracted by all that other stuff, so carry on and stay with us here! Dizzy has done a good job filling in for you with the coffee
              Dizzy--my God, what a ton of stuff you have going on, poor girl! But throwing out the wine--huge deal, and I am so proud of you!! I'm sure your brother is, too! You would have felt so guilty and bad on top of all the family stuff. And the positive thing is the translation contract!!
              Almost, prayers for you and the house thing. Praying it will all work out.
              Finally going for a walk this a.m. with my neighbor who is back from FL. Wondering if the police officer who arrested me in Nov will drive by. Holding my head high and happy those days are behind me.
              :lto all today!
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Sugar--GOOD LUCK with the interview!! Sending positive vibes your way, for sure!!
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Fly by to check on everybody.....

WB shue, good job dizzy, good vibes to famous, TDN, you deserve to PRANCE on your walks, GF and good luck sugar!!

Always take the high road!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Popping in to say Hi to everyone and wish you all a great day.

Good luck with the interview Sugar, and Dizzy, well done on the wine pour. Sending 'sell quick' vibes to you Almost.

Shue, welcome back, we missed you and thanks for a great chat tonight.

My pillow is calling..it is 10pm and I can hardly keep my eyes open LOL

Have a safe, fabulous AF day everyone

see you in the morning..my morning that is

xxx

Comment

Ok that's over, no luck finding the phew icon, but you know what I mean

Dizzy well done on throwin the wine away, those moments are so empowering when you reflect back on them, when you get to the point where you have been pulled into buying, getting home and overcoming it and throwing it out, I can almost feel like I'm there with you, it just goes to show how powerful it is but you won, I can feel great energy coming from you. You were lead down that deadly path again and turned it round, so woww, now I'l stop praising your strenght before you get a swelled head but ya woww

Shue my old pal, well done you didn't do the dog on it. Maybe in future you could have a good person to call before and during these things who can build up your resolve and attitude to these people shoving it in your face, I find that great and I'm lucky to have a few good people in my life on call for those things. But one things for sure I love havin you back here and I think your great

Comment

Just popping in here to brag since I don't talk to anyone else about this. Today is day 60 for me! Tomorrow will be 2 months and 61 days. I feel fabulous and can't believe that I have no cravings. It's like my mind has totally accepted that I am a non-drinker. :h

Comment

Thanks Sugar :l

CONGRATULATIONS FlyAway Well done you, thats brilliant.

:yougo: :yougo: :yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

Comment

((((GROUP HUG ))))

Goodness, hello everyone!! Starting out to be one heck of a Tuesday!

I got to my babysitting gig promptly at 8:15 only to find out that my DIL forgot to tell me that her internship 'job' gave her the day off - duh!
                            Instead of getting angry I decided to look at the positive aspects - a whole day with no one to pester me but Matilda :H
                            I'm going to get some flowers & veggies planted that I picked up on Saturday. I've already spent 20 minutes using the Furminator on Maxie (could spend all day dragging hair out of her), etc.

FlyAway - CONGRATS to you on 60 AF days - Yay!!!

Shue, glad you are home. Your trip sounded rather intense!

Greetings all around & best wishes to anyone need them today!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Fabeens.

Shu well done. I bet that SIL is jealous and is tired of hearing from your Brother (or BIL) about how great you are. So she would have liked to have seen you turn into a disheveled slurring drunk. Im with the Papster, she is NOT a nice person, possibly poisonous. But you SMOKED her. Well done.

Possible future holiday destinations

Alpine ski
                              Canadian ski
                              Hong Kong shopping trip to great shu stores
                              Little Cayman
                              Haunauma Bay HI
                              Paris

Just remembering here, that I self imposed a glass of champagne on myself on Fathers Day with Mr. Kaslo and it tasted kind of like mouldy socks (would taste)...and I did not get past the second sip.

I think its possible for me to be given an AL drink and to just put it down and get something else or nothing at all now. But I dont want to risk it. So Im not going there. (PS got my arse kicked on here by a bunch of people so thats also a disincentive).

BIG Congrats to DizB for dumping the wine.... that takes resolve. You have it. Well done.

HUGE Congrats to FLY...

60 days is HUGE! :goodjob:

Well done and welcome to the club. Its a clear eyed, healthy and fun place to be.

Hey Greenie.

Almost Famous ...selling a home when you are living in it is SO much work and is so traumatic. I hope the kids HELP not hinder the whole thing

Hi to all others, Sugar, TDN, and all others, ep. Lav who is going to take some time for herself for a change...great.

Ima going to be gone for a few days, but I think I have internet where I am going.

k
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X