Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily- Tuesday, April 17

Shue, Shue, where are you? I miss you!

I have a big pot of coffee on the go, a plunger of decaf and some tea for myself and those in a similar mood.

Am a bit stressed as I have so much work today and its already 11am where I am but I guess the best way to do it is to just get started, eh?

Also I had a hell of a day yesterday. First the elation of getting the big job - its work from home but its a 3 month contract and possibly much longer. And then I found out my mom is swinging back down in bipolar. She gets really bad and refuses to leave the house and have attempted suicide twice in two years. This mixed with my dad still having the post colon operation bag, her having to replace it as he cant reach it, him having to go back in in 3 weeks to have it removed, her going to be like this for a month (her moods are quite predictable once it happens) It was all a bit much.

So I did buy a bottle of wine. But when I reached home I saw that my brother got home early. On Saturday night he took me out to dinner to congratulate me on doing so well. He and my one other friend are the only two people who knows about my rehab stint last year so he's ecstatic that I'm a whole new person.

I just couldnt bring myself to lock myself in my room and have a pity party for one with a bottle of wine while I know he'll be outside KNOWING what I was doing. So I opened up the wine and I poured it on the compost heap before I went into the house. It was a huge relief after it was gone, it was like carrying a piece of poison in my bag.

Anyway, have a great day peeps.

And in the words of Dori the great: Just Keep Swimming.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA

:l :l :l
Working...
X