What Did I Do Last Night - A Drunkard's Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone.Just halfway through this book by Tom Sykes.It's an excellent read.I'd reccommend it to you all.(Also a fan of James Freys' "A million little pieces" - Was a fantastic read!)

Oooh I am glad to hear it is good. I just picked it up from the library. Looking forward to a good read this weekend!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hope you enjoy it as much as i am!

Comment

oh good....I am on a buying books mission this weekend, and this was one that I was going to look at...fab...I neeeeeedddd new reading material

Comment

Wee, have you read Dry yet? It is excellent!!

Comment

Dry

I bought Dry this week, and am already more than halfway through it.
            Very easy to read
            Similiarities to Million Little Pieces.
            Will report when finished...
            Changeling

Comment

wots dry???????

Comment

Dry by Augusten Burroughs. Highly recommend it. Probably my favorite book ever.

Comment

as for reading material i went to oprah's site yesterday and you can track all of the books she has featured on her shows as well as all of the books in her book club.according to the site most of the books she recommends become instant bestsellers.i have a lot of catching up to do in the reading department because i used to spend so much time drinking and nursing hangovers.so try her site its great. by the way she hasn't pumped her own gas since 1983 LOL.

Comment

"Dry" is my favorite book as well. 3 times through it now. ALmost ready for the 4th. Allie thanks for the reccomendation. I am always looking for a new one.

Beaches
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Sorry, meant Annie....you have an avatar that looked like someone else's awhile back and a very similiar name!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

thanks lusherooooooooo

Comment

Just finished "DRY". Wow, little things kept hitting me over the head-his insights into addictive behaviors, when to recognize the triggers and the "old" coping mechanisms. Especially how he would fill his life with another focus/addiction, so as to divert his mind away from working on the alcoholism. Enjoyed it very much.
                          Enjoyed?
                          Read "Drinking Story" a few years ago, secretly. I actually hid the fact that I was reading it from my family, even though they probably didn't pay any attention. I reserved it at the library last week to re-read, went to go pick it up, put it on the counter, and never checked it out! It's still there. I was focused other things. I distracted myself by buying a bunch of books for my bookstore, and carried them out. Why did I leave it there? I went there specifically to pick it up!
                          Maybe I'm not ready to read it again? Even though I'm "out" with my drinking issues?
                          Our minds are funny things.
                          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                          Plato

Comment

Just picked up "Dry" and am looking forward to reading it. Also read "Marley and Me" recently. What a tear jerker at the end! loved it though.
                            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                            X