Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget and Forgive

-
    "Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee." (Proverbs 20:22)
    Be not in haste. Let anger cool down. Say nothing and do nothing to avenge yourself. You will be sure to act unwisely if you take up the cudgels and fight your own battles; and, certainly, you will not show the spirit of the Lord Jesus, It is nobler to forgive and let the offense pass. To let an injury rankle in your bosom and to meditate revenge is to keep old wounds open and to make new ones. Better forget and forgive.

Peradventure, you say that you must do something or be a great loser; then do what this morning's promise advises: "Wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee." This advice will not cost you money but is worth far more, Be calm and quiet. Wait upon the Lord; tell Him your grievance; spread Rabshakeh's letter before the Lord, and this of itself will be an ease to your burdened mind. Besides, there is the promise "He shall save thee." God will find a way of deliverance for you. How He will do it neither you nor I can guess, but do it He will, If the Lord saves you, this will be a deal better than getting into petty quarrels and covering yourself with filth by wrestling with the unclean, Be no more angry. Leave your suit with the Judge of all.
    Control the Mind

Forget and Forgive

thanks rocky keep em comin.i need to let go of so many vengeful thots.your messages really help.

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Thanks for the note.. Some times I wonder if folks do not like me to put this on here...
      Control the Mind

Comment

Forget and Forgive

KEEP POSTING ROCKY!!!!

I like to read the posts in what we believe.....my mum used to 'make' me read the bible when I was little, and it was all a big stuff as far as I was concerned, apart from the Revelations....now THAT was interesting to the mini melon, but it used to terrify me at the same time....
        But now I like to hear quotes that are relevant to daily living....from any religious book....I have just started to read the qoran, that a taxi driver gave me, and like the thoughts expressed there...they don't really seem to bear much relevance to the fanatical behaviours we see plastered all over the news that people who follow this book supposedly subscribe to.....

The time and thought you put into these messages are ALWAYS welcome Rocky....so thank you xxx
        I'll always read and enjoy! xxx

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Dear Rocky,
          I love you postings so please keep them going. Those of us who read them get a lot out of them. Its a matter of choice if you come on to this site.

God Bless and Thank you
          Diana
          eace:

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Rock on!

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Thanks Rocky

Hi Rocky
              I do read here every day and appreciate your posts (and Sothernbelle's). Not having a religous background, I'm not always sure of the meaning, but, on the whole, I find there is a great deal of significance and relevance to my day-to-day life in what you write (who'd a thought :H )
              Again, this one was another that I need to take heed of! OK, I could probably Google this, but could you tell me what Rabshakeh's letter is?
              Thanks again for taking the time to adding to our spiritual and mental armoury and this difficult time!
              blondie

Comment

Forget and Forgive

oops

Ok, meant to be "...IN this difficult time." You're not adding TO it:H

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Hi Blondie
                  Good question! I looked it up and this is what I found:

Easton's Bible Dictionary
                  Rabshakeh [S]
                  chief of the princes, the name given to the chief cup-bearer or the vizier of the Assyrian court; one of Sennacherib's messengers to Hezekiah. See the speech he delivered, in the Hebrew language, in the hearing of all the people, as he stood near the wall on the north side of the city (2 Kings 18:17-37
                  ). He and the other envoys returned to their master and reported that Hezekiah and his people were obdurate, and would not submit.
                  These dictionary topics are from
                  M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition,
                  published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.
                  It is found in the first part of the Bible...the Old Testament...
                  I hope this helps.. I found this on Crosswalk - Devotionals, Christian Music, Family, Christian News, Forums & more
                  Thanks for asking! I wondered too!
                  :h Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Forget and Forgive

Sorry Rocky...Hope you don't mind...I answered your question. Gulp!
                    Nancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                    X