day 7 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 7 AF

Feeling pretty good now. Still a bit foggy. Getting better though.
    Being able to share these things makes a big difference.
    I have no thought of having a drink or using pot and it is wonderful to be free of cravings. So the Campral appears to be working. But I'm also different in my thoughts. Those things are poison for me. They give me very little and demand so much. Booze and pot for me are like a jealous demanding lover who gives little while not letting me enjoy anything else.
    It's good for me to keep this in mind : there is nothing in my life that would be made better with a drug or a drink. ( that of course excludes medicines prescribed by a doctor )
    My goal is to remain abstinent for the rest of my life. That's why I'm posting here.
    All the best
    prez
    "faith can move mountains, but bring a shovel" - Unknown

day 7 AF

That is awesome Prez!!!
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

day 7 AF

Hi Prez,

Congratulations on 7 days! I know how good that feels after such a long time of feeling bad...

It sounds like you are on a really good path. Campral can be a very effective aid to help reduce cravings, but of course you have to do some other things as well -- such as change your thinking, get support, develop new coping skills and routines, etc. And sometimes it comes down to just holding onto your decision to stay AF until the desire to drink passes and your "sanity" returns...

If your goal is to remain AF for the long haul, you're in the right place. Please do stick around, and post often.

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

day 7 AF

Oh Prez this is good news, and it's good to see you again sounding so determined!!!!! As Mike points out, there is more to this than the meds, and a positive mental attitude is THE thing I reckon, so hang on to it...it's going to be one of your most useful weapons.
        Feed it well, and exercise it, don't allow it or your body to get weak, the more good things you do for your health at this point, the better you will feel, and the more strongly you will then know that your decision to live without your 'lover' is the RIGHT one......

Way to go Prez......7 days is FANTASTIC....I remember having a chat with you a few weeks ago, and you seem soooo much more positive about this now!!
        keep going Mister...we're with you all the way:h
        Much love Weemelon xxx

Comment

day 7 AF

That is awesome Prez! Congrats on your 7 days. Hmmm Campral eh? And this helped you with both alcohol and the pot?? I am not a pot smoker, but I do know someone who has addictions to both. Life long ones. Don't know what it about me, I am in the mood for wanting to help everyone.

Good job Prez!!

Comment

day 7 AF

Well done Prez!

Hi Prez and hearty congrats on your progress and, more importantly, your changing attitude; for that is ultimately what we are all hoping to achieve to beat this!! Please continue to post your progress -we're all rooting for you (but not in the antipodean sense :H )
            love
            blondie

Comment

day 7 AF

8th day today and still going fine. No dramas to report.
              Mikeupnorth, I haven't had pot in months and have no desire for any. The campral is for the booze.
              Everyone, thanks for the encouragement.
              All the best
              prez

Comment

day 7 AF

yayyy on day 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Have a great sober one!!!!

Comment

day 7 AF

Good go, on Day 8 Prez.

I hope this finds you on another AF day.

Capto

Comment

day 7 AF

Prez, well done, you and I are on the same day. We could be buddies!

have a good day 8 too.

Comment

day 7 AF

Thanks pebbles. Good for you as well. I'm feeling much better. On day 9 now.
                      All the best
                      prez

Comment

day 7 AF

I'm catching up...day 9 now too!
                        have a good one

Comment

Working...
                        X