PDA

View Full Version : AF Daily - Friday April 20

shueaddict
April 20th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Good morning, Fabbies,

Got a nice pot of Lavazza Crema e Gusto to mellow you into the weekend state of mind.

Yesterday evening I went to a Japanese business event ? man, talk about towering over people, I actually felt bad about wearing those high heels; mind you, flats would not have helped either. After the business part was done the sake flowed freely but I chose to go to the tea ceremony instead.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday, one thing is for sure.

DizzyBee
April 20th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Morning Shue and All

Thanks for the coffee. I do like Japanese food - yummy and sometimes I envy Japanese women for having such fragile bone structures.

I'm doing fine, working hard but my little heart is very sore this morning. I heard from RubyWillow that my Topa mate and friend SunshinDaisies has had a stroke. Can everyone please send her positive vibes or prayers, depending on your beliefs. She is such a wonderful person and inspiration and I know she can get through this. :h

I started a thread for her. I know she won't like the fuss but its the only thing I can do to keep from going mad!

http://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/please-pray-send-positive-vibes-sunshinedaisies-63047.html#post1300395

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Good morning kool kats!

Shue- My former company hosted an event years ago for a group of Japanese businessmen. They stood in a circle around me. I seriously felt giantess and my heels were barely heels!

Dizzy- I'm sorry to hear of your friends health issues. I wish her a speedy recovery. That was nice that you started a thread.

Kas- your day sounded really interesting. My stomach flipped reading about you worrying when your daughter drives away. I know that day will come soon enough for me. Boy, time sure does fly. I know I sound like a 90 year old woman but Christmas seems to come faster every year!

Sunni- I read your thread. That is a very tough spot to be in and your DH did not deserve to be name called. My DH doesn't even know I'm on this site. I know you heart was in the right place when you gave your number.

My vacuum and I have a hot date today. We have had a few very interested people but they haven't made an offer. I'm still feeling all your your positive energy so thank you.

Tomorrow I will wake up to day 60. I can say with certainty it's better than waking up at 3 am with a
foggy memory and racing heart. Wow, I REALLY don't miss that.

A hearty hello to everyone stopping, dropping or rolling on in today.

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Btw- Momof3 has 4 years today!! That is crazy terrific! Way to go Momof3!

ThreeDogNight
April 20th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Good morning, Abbers here and to come.

Dizzy, I have visited your post about Sunshine, and left good thoughts and prayers for her. So sad. I have read her posts in the past. How old is she?
I also hit the thread about Momof3 and congratulated her there, but adding another one here. Four years! Such a big achievement and such a positive addition to MWO.
Shue, hmmm. . .I would definitley not tower over the Japanese crowd you were with. LOL! I am just under five feet tall and with my sore feet, I can't wear high heels--and don't need to very often!
Sunni, that phone call had to be very upsetting. I know you want to help, but giving out one's phone number carries those risks.
Uni, glad to see you here yesterday and so optimistic. Your program is obvioulsy working!!!
Another sunny, beautiful day here before the rain comes this weekend. Going for a walk with my neighbor soon, then to my noon AA meeting, as chips are given out on Friday, and I will get my five month coin today. Then off to flower shop for the afternoon. Then gym. My joints are still sore. Have been taking the Collagen and hyaluronic acid, Glucosamine, etc. but they haven't seemed to help yet. Wonder if this could be a PAWS symptom? Taking 10 mg of Paxil every other day for another few days and then stopping. Maybe that will help.
Okay--wishing you all a wonderful AF day!
:)TDN

DizzyBee
April 20th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the positive thoughts. She's in her fifties but I've had great news:

mama bear;1300507 wrote: Sunni is fine....I spoke with her this morning and she is leaving the hospital now....it was mini stroke...she sounds great!!
:h:h:h

sunshine_gg
April 20th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Good Morning FABberoonies!

Hah! The announced winter storm missed us to the north! Whoohoo! We got rain instead. I'm pleased to announce that we now own water front property :cool: I'm totally dodging going out to the barn. It's a short swim to the truck but do I really want to kick the critters out?

Mom3.. big congratulations. Incredible. You are truly an inspiration.
Dizzy.. good news on Sunny-D.
Almost, if I offered you a date with my Mr. Dyson... would that make me a pimp? Keeping fingers crossed for ya.

Thank you all for your thoughts on giving out one's phone number. Some very valid thoughts and concerns.

Well, looking at the trees outside my windows gong sideways, I think I'll leave the boys in today. But I probably should feed them. Ok, off I go brave Mother Nature, then.

A fABbulous day to all and all to come!

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Oh Sunni, Mr. Dyson is like the George Clooney or Bradley Cooper of vacuums. Insert whistle here__________
For now I have to live with my old but trusty beauty.

sunshine_gg
April 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM
:H
Never thought of that. The George Clooney of vacuums! I do love him so :)

Rain has turned to hail. Horses are staying in the barn and don't seem too upset, either. That is all. Back to work.

papmom3
April 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
hello fabbers!! Home sick again with a respiratory virus. Sometimes I really wish this recurring illness would be bacterial so I could get antibiotics and be done with it!!

TDN-congrats again on the 5 months and your chip!

Almost-congrats on 2 months tomorrow! Fantastic!!

M3-Super https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxSlx3VEuIcun-XFIZcQ4NAzRcTCps20_GqOW6Oig-5H1E15nyIg to you!! You are one of my greatest idols on this list and a wonderful inspiration. I'm so glad you still pop in every once in a while to share and let us know how your life is. You deserve every accolade you will get today and I hope you will celebrate in real life as well! :l :h

Shue-neat story about the Japanese meeting. I love that you went to the tea ceremony instead of partaking in the saki thing. What was the ceremony like?

My thoughts and healing vibes are going out to Sunshinedaisys. I'm glad to hear she is home and doing well. Very very scary!!

Sunni-you just stay inside-the boys will be fine but get your raft ready just in case!!

Shout out to Lav, LVT, Blonde (hope things continue to go well at her training seminar), Marshy-so good to see you yesterday-you have really embraced life to its fullest!!, DG, Greenie (our cheerleader!!) and anyone else lurking or stopping by later.

I'm trying to get some work done-you should see the set up in my bedroom!! It's slow going tho but at least I don't have the interruptions I would have at work. I didn't go to the NH last nite and won't go tonite. I'll miss the $40 terribly esp since my first car payment is due on the 27th but I just don't have the energy to go in and all my coughing can't be good for the residents. May 13th can't come soon enough!!

A friend of mine has to move and can't take her dog with her. I thought I had a home for Norman but it fell through. She needs him placed in 3 weeks so it looks like I'll be taking him temporarily while I work on finding him a home. she is bringing him here for a visit tomorrow. So sad and I do understand the limitations she was under but still, I don't think I would be able to do this to my kids. I'd rather live in my car with them. TDN is helping me so hopefully between the 2 of us and all our connections we'll have a happy ending soon.

Lunch and then back to work.

Turnagain
April 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM
A quick fly in to say you FABbers are just the best. Ya'll inspire me every day!

Uni and Marshy....glad to hear from you again....we miss you when you are not here.

Off to deal with sheetrock and a deadline.

xxx

greeneyes
April 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
TURBULENCE

papmom3
April 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
you OK Greenie????

Uni-I read back and saw your post. You do sound very good and I'm so happy the new therapy techniques are helping you see yourself in a new and wonderful light. Keep up the great work!!

sunshine_gg
April 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hail has turned to sn*w.

P3.. I think Greenarse is deploying her custom exercise program there. Am I right? :H:
:hallo: everyone

Remember I lost a $1500 job yesterday? (Or did I not post that here?).
Well, today I got an RFQ for a $6000+ job. When one door closes.... just gotta keep the faith :)

Back to work. Again.

Lavande
April 20th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Afternoon Abbers,

Sorry about that weather Sunni - what's up with that anyway??
Congrats on the bigger job coming your way :)

Yesterday was my 35 month smoke free anni & today I see my savings has just gone over $8,000 - yikes! Don't know how much I've saved by staying out of the wine store but I'm sure it's a lot!!!

CONGRATS to M3 on 4 wonderful AF years! Life can be good, huh? :)

Glad to hear Sunshine-D is OK.
Mini strokes in our 50's is one warning we should never ignore....

Papmom, go get yourself some Harris decaf green tea & suck down at least a quart of it everyday. I swear it keeps me healthy! Feel better soon!

Hello to everyone. Have to get outside now & get some plants in the ground so they can soak up the weekend rain. Will be back later.

papmom3
April 20th, 2012, 02:52 PM
hey Lav, why is Harris's green tea better than any other green tea? Just wondering. I think you stay healthy because you are not in a toxic job anymore, get outside regularly, watch what you eat, exercise and have quality family time. Everything I am not. I think it's going to take more than green tea to get my body back in good working order. just sayin'.

I don't know if my bod is trying to oust this virus or if it's really hot in here but I am hot hot hot!! And getting mighty tired of this data entry. bah.

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 03:43 PM
greeneyes;1300668 wrote: TURBULENCE
Lol! I'm getting sooooooo fit. Keep it up!!!!!!

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Lav- good job on kicking the habit! So glad I never started that one. I've heard it's a nightmare to stop.

Papmom- Feel better soon. That's awful.

Sunni- Ca ching! Woot!

FlyAway
April 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Almostfamous;1300790 wrote: Lol! I'm getting sooooooo fit. Keep it up!!!!!!
I squoze my butt cheeks! :nutso:

Lavande
April 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
:H :H Fly
I guess squoze will be part of my vocabulary now :)

Papmom, I have spent years trying to fix this beaten up old bod ~ one way or another!!!
You have to start somewhere & I swear green tea is an easy addition to your current diet. Harris teas are just damn good. If you can't find it then try another good quality brand.
11 year ago when I was S/P skull fx & craniotomy I picked up every stinking virus known to man - it was awful! I loaded up on Ecchinacea that Spring & Summer & it helped. I believe in the healing power of herbs & nature in general. Give it a try ;)

Almost, if I ever pick up another smoke I hope someone shoots me :confused:
Harder to quit than anything......

sugarbeat
April 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ello and goodnight my friends, just had to slip in for my checkin from my phone , I'll be back tomorrow for a better catchup

momof3
April 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for remembering me on my 4 year anniversary. I wrote a post in the General Discussion section if you're interested. This Monthly Abstinence thread has been my lifeline.

For those of you new to this AF thing, stick around, success happens here!!

xxoo
M3

Turnagain
April 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Mom3 -

You are a beautiful link in this amazing lifeline....

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Turnagain
April 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quick Question...

When someone says

TURBULENCE

um.....how long are we supposed to stay squaozed?

My cheeks are aching!

Almostfamous
April 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Turnagain;1300842 wrote: Quick Question...

When someone says

TURBULENCE

um.....how long are we supposed to stay squaozed?

My cheeks are aching!
Hmm good question Turn! :H Mine are freshly sqoazed (like juice?) and I do not look like a super model yet!!!! Guess I'll keep squeezing.

papmom3
April 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM
ohhhhh,now I get it!!:H Can we stop now Greenie?

Lav, thanks to you and a lot of people on here I've been loading up on Echinacea and Oil of Oregano for the past month and I'm figuring that is why it hasn't turned into full blown bronchitis. I've been drinking Stop and Shop green tea at nite but I didn't know there was decaf-I thought it all was decaf :confused:! Probably explains why I can't get to sleep these nites! I'll check out a good high end brand when next I go shopping.

gotta go check out M3s post!

Lavande
April 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Do you think someone is tired tonight?? :H :H

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/elkmills/Matilda/2012-04-162104001.jpg

Papmom, I had to go with decaf green tea because of my B/P but I've learned to love it & it doesn't keep this granny awake ;)

sunshine_gg
April 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM
:H Lav
Way to wear the young'uns out!

Peeps, I know this means little to nothing to you, but I am SO stoked! The horse trainer I'm working with (I'm driving 6 hours to a clinic with him next weekend) has agreed to do a clinic on the island (20 minutes from home) the last weekend in May! :yay:

That's a clinic every 2nd weekend between next and the end of May! If that doesn't help kick off riding season in a major (good) way, I don't know what will! I'm SO glad I gave myself a Christmas present... so basically, 2 of the 3 clinics are already paid for. No way I could have coughed all that money up right now.

How are your cheeks, girls? :H

LVT25
April 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hello friends,

Sorry Greenie, but my butt is dragging too much to squeeze.:H My day started this morning with a phone call asking me to fill in at the vet clinic last minute. I agreed and was glad I did. The vet and tech working and I had a lot of laughs together. I felt pretty productive and it's nice to do what I'm good at again. Then I still had books to do at the lumberyard and it was such a gorgeous day out today I wanted to get some quality time in at the cemetery. Now I am a leetle tired. But a good tired which I love.

Mom3--congrats on your 4 year anniversary. I feel so blessed to have been on this journey with you. I really and truly hope we get to meet someday!:h

Congrats to you too, Lav. As you know I quit the smokes the same time I quit drinking. What a stupid habit. Hubby told me he actually asked his doctor if he could give him something to get off the chewing tobacco. Amazing.

Everyone sounds great! Except Pap--sick again??? I hope you feel better soon! Way to go Sunny! Amazing the way some things turn out, huh?

I want to say thanks to you guys who gave me your opinions on my sister/BIL/GF situation. It really helped me to look at things a little differently. Hubby and I actually had a decent conversation about it and I feel ok about my decision not to go. In hindsight I'm not even so sure there was ever an invitation to participate--this is something he needs to do for closure. I talked to my BIL again today and told him my main reason for wanting to come was for moral support for him and since Pam was coming I didn't need to worry about that (in a nice way). I also told him that I really do want to be there when the time comes to go through most of my sister's things. :h

I'm pretty happy with things today. Being sober rocks! I can't wait to get up and work on my front yard renovation tomorrow!

Have a great sober weekend all!:h

greeneyes
April 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
LVT25;1300956 wrote: I want to say thanks to you guys who gave me your opinions on my sister/BIL/GF situation. It really helped me to look at things a little differently. Hubby and I actually had a decent conversation about it and I feel ok about my decision not to go. In hindsight I'm not even so sure there was ever an invitation to participate--this is something he needs to do for closure. I talked to my BIL again today and told him my main reason for wanting to come was for moral support for him and since Pam was coming I didn't need to worry about that (in a nice way). I also told him that I really do want to be there when the time comes to go through most of my sister's things. :h
Nice, LVT. Very nicely done. :l

Sunnybutt you got some good karma goin' on gal!

P3, I wonder if there's something in your house that is compromising your health? Duct work or something? Feel better soon!

Lookit all dem tight cheeks! :l

TDN, did your MD recommend stopping the Paxil like that? Be VERY careful. It's a taper off drug, not a cold turkey one.

Rock on, M3! Sorting your "stuff" out?

Marshy great to see you - aren't you taking off soon? I see the Olympics start up in a few - I forgot where you're going.

Kas, good pics! Lovely post about time with your daughter.

Uni, so glad you are having success!

Lav, sweet pup pic. congrats on the smokes anni!

Hey ho to shue, famous, turnip, fly, det dizzy, sugar, blondiegirl ... gawd this is like a test, all these names. There used to be just a few of us. so glad you all joined in. It's great to have you here and be a part of journey. Thanks for being here and sharing.

DG when you come back you're going to have to use :new:

Yoga in the AM!

greeneyes
April 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I saw best posted her 4 year anni. She's one of my pals. We each have so much to offer the world by being our best self and engaging. It's never too late. :)

Wow and it's Lorisunshine's birthday - another 4 year pal!

papmom3
April 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
nah greenie, its not my house-i'm pretty sure its the NH.

Determinator
April 20th, 2012, 10:22 PM
home again home again jiggety-jig :)

nursing my poor sick wife back to health here. nobody will believe this but I made a vegetarian curry tonight. very warming and light. now I'm sleeeeepy.

Mom3 hoooooray for you! what a magnificent achievement.

Greeneyes, I don't get the 'turbulence' thing. maybe I need more sleep. ok, I'm sure of it.

PapMom feel better eh? hydrating plenty? green tea does sound good. kettle on.

ok, next I'll try to upload a really weird art picture I did while eating.

Determinator
April 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2lwvi1j.jpg

Determinator
April 20th, 2012, 10:48 PM
wow, that certainly is weird.

an art piece I'll dub 'Nuclear Cow'

i took the pic in the daytime in Amador county CA on Tuesday then obviously applied a bunch of silly effects. i don't believe this is actually a nuclear power facility, but the iconic cooling towers made for a foreboding backdrop for the solitary cow.

DizzyBee
April 21st, 2012, 01:32 AM
Cool, I wish I could print it on my canvas. I have this stupid half painted canvas and I don't like the picture on there anymore so now I have to paint over it. ;) The pic is cool!

Marshy
April 21st, 2012, 03:26 AM
papmom3;1300636 wrote:

Marshy-so good to see you yesterday.

Turnagain;1300649 wrote:

Uni and Marshy....glad to hear from you again....we miss you when you are not here.

greeneyes;1300966 wrote:

Marshy great to see you - aren't you taking off soon? I see the Olympics start up in a few - I forgot where you're going.

Thank you - nice not to be forgotten!

Papmom - hope you feel better soon.

Greenie, we're off to Greece when the Olympics are on. There are now adverts on public transport advising people to use different stops or go to the pub after work (responsible???) to avoid rush hour while the games are on. Glad I'll be well away from it! (Although I hope to see some of it on TV). We've got a couple of holidays to squeeze in before that though :) - week in Cornwall in June and a couple of long weekends to Amsterdam, one for GF's friends' wedding in May and next weekend for Queen's Day when I have to find something orange to wear. Love, love, love having the freedom to do these things instead of being a slave to alcohol.

Mom3 - congratulations on four years! Fantastic achievement.

Lav - very cute puppy pic!

OK, I know I'm on the wrong day, don't know how to quote from a different day. Toodle pip.