Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday April 23

Good morning, Abbies,

The French Press is full of strong French roast ? brewing nicely and filling the room with a lovely rich scent. I need a good dose of Java to kick start this week. Sugar, your decaf is on the side. I am flying out later today so I might miss my coffee duties in the next few days.

My ginger beer came out well (will post the recipe when I get back) ? and despite drinking loads of it I found myself having a few AL thoughts. Yesterday was the first nice spring day, pottering around in the garden, having an hour on my own, BBQ ? all past triggers. Hubby encouraged me to have a drink; instead we had an argument. I told him that I find it very hard to stop at only one drink, that really AL does nothing good for me. He said that I need to drink to relax sometimes and that I should not be so hard on myself. What a step back!!! I told him that maybe I?ll move his grappa upstairs in the drinks cabinet because it tempts me sometimes, he said ?isn?t that a bit extreme ?!?. I had an AF beer (I keep those for when we have guests). He?s away on Wed night, when he comes back from his business trip he?ll be in for a surprise ? I?ll move all AL to the flippin? attic.

Dizzy ? I could not post anymore yesterday, but I said a prayer for you. Fingers crossed for your deadline today.

AlmostSold house, sugar O.D. TND , lily pond Blonde, Green river, SnotLotSnotFace challenge Sunny & Lav, fatuous old bat Kas (I laughed out loud), yoga master Mo3, Meteor Det (heard about that on the news), Pap - more pics of the Psychedelic PinkMobile pls??? - much love to you all, have a super duper week.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Howdee Fabbers, happy monday to you all

Geez Shue...looks like time you sit hubbie down for a serious talk and let him know exactly how you are feeling about the AL. It sounds like he does not have any idea how serious it is for you and I think he needs to understand the seriousness. He may be the one factor that can derail your sobrierty and he may do it unknowingly if he does not see your side of it and I would hate for that to happen to you.

I have not caught up with the weekends threads, (life in the Southern Hemisphere has been crazy busy) so I hope everyone is doing well and Sunni I sent you the 'short' report last week, hope you got it

Wishing you all a fantastic Af week
    xx

Comment

Ollo ollo ollo

Morning Shue, grabbin da decaf, I can here the grrrr in your voice when you described your encounter with the hubby, is it bold to laugh at it a bit Its just I get the feelin there is alot of love between you too, its just the usual hubby wife banter, if its not that it will be something else. and I suppose its just one of those things we (as good people who can't manage alcohol) have to face alot, people who can manage drink and just don't understand. Its how we react and we'll get better and better at that I reckon, the further we move along on this journey, I believe we feel more in control and responsible for ourselves and our actions and others dont have so much control over how they make us feel or act, its kinda empowering and very cool, our energy can just flow to better things

all is good with me, got another interview where I did the pervious interview, they felt I was suited to another job which is a wee step up from the original, studying away today, releasing all doubt, I've come to the realisation that I wasted alot of my time in life doubting all sorted and low and behold they manifested, it was quite the revelation So I'm facing 3 people tomorrow at 11 so you never ending good vibes would be much appreciated
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Cross post morning Mom of 2, hope you have a smashin day
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Morning sugar..great to see you so positive and happy Sending you super extra mega good vibes

Comment

Good morning Shue, Sugar, Mum and the rest of this awesome bunch of peeps,

Shue, hmmmm I haven't had my fill of your coffee yet to wake up. I do know that misery loves company and that some people (that don't have a prob with al) think all things in moderation. They couldn't possibly understand how 1 drink leads eventually back to 1 bottle or more. And THAT is not "relaxing!"
            Move that al out of sight. As time goes on DH will get used to the fact that you don't drink and it will (hopefully) eventually be a non issue.

Mum-you sound like a busy bee. Glad you stopped in. Keep up the great work!

Sugar- great news! Getting a second interview is fantastic. Sending you positive vibes. Go get em!

We had a lot of showings with positive feedback but the sucker hasn't sold yet. We have been lucky in our former moves with selling quickly so maybe it was time for a reality check. Of course it hasn't been long yet so I will hush up.

Kas- I had a laugh at your Mom thinking she should have gotten paid for opinions. Lol!

I'm off to fully caffeinate. Wish I had the day to sit in my jammies and watch some really bad TV.

Have a great, squeeze your bun(s) day Monday!
            "almost sold house"
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good soggy Monday, Abbers!
              Sure made up for that lack of rain--a couple of inches, I guess, and it ain't over yet! We did not lose power, as many others in the state did. Wind and rain seem to have subsided a bit now.
              Went into the shop yesterday and MrTDN opened some boxes with a pair of scissors he found. I was using a key, but he told me that's a good way to cut myself Oh, well, he just wants to help. I am going to hop in the shower soon and get ready for my first day of work. Will wear jeans, as we will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!! Will report back later on our progress
              Kas, that advice for Dizzy is so right on. Wish I'd been sober when I was dealing with (first) my mother's long term illness/death and then my father's. Instead, I used AL to get through. I have been able to let go of a lot of the resentment and ensuing guilt, thank goodness. Never easy, but Dizzy is lucky to have this forum and lots of good advice and support.
              Had a nice birthday party for our 80 yr old AA friend yesterday. About 12 of us, and she was really surprised! I could tell she didn't quite recognize me, although she had worked hard to help me get sober a couple of years ago. The balloons: The Mylar with "Happy 80th" was great, but I had trouble tying the regular balloons, and two deflated as soon as we entered the nursing home. So--I blew them up, another woman tied them, and we used them as boobs for the birthday girl:H Took afew photos of her with the newly grown boobs, and it was so funny!
              blondie, g:Hlad you enjoyed the lilies' fragrance! They do smell wonderful, and are one of the flowers I could smell when entering the shop.
              Sunni, saw all the pics of Peanut on FB, and man, is he ever cute! That spiked hair is beyond adorable!
              Wooshing in ears is still there. Didn't take my 10 mg last night--thought I'd try going to every third day, but hoping I don't get any of the bad symptoms I read about:upset: I can try to cut the 10mg into 5mg.
              Happy AF Day, everyone!
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

TDN, an example of some things I read

Now weaning off paxil needs to be VERY slow. The initial step is usually to cut the dose in half. This level should be stayed at until all symptoms of withdrawal are gone. This can take 2-3 weeks. Once stabilized at that level drop in half again. Wait 2-3 weeks again. Follow this pattern. DO NOT GO TO EVERY OTHER DAY OR EVERY THIRD DAY!!! Paxil's halflife is only 21 hours so by skipping days you are throwing yourself into withdrawal every other or every third day. Much better to consistently lower the dosage on a daily schedule.

Hope this helps you out.

I did not have withdrawal symptoms (not including the cold turkey episode) but stayed at the half doses for two weeks each as prescribed by my MD.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi everyone

Shue - your husband sounds like mine - he wants me to drink just occasionally in moderation. Doesn't get it at all that after one drink I'll be drinking again EVERY day - that is what always happens!

I'm on day 60 today, physically feeling very well and mentally it isnt too bad most of the time - just the odd craving. However one of the things tat keeps me going is I'm so scared of relapsing and going back to square one again, don't think I'd find the strength to go AF again for a while if this happens.

TDN glad you enjoyed the birthday party and Sugar - great news on this latest interview, good luck.

Hi to everyone else. Have just started reading The Secret by Ronda Byrne on my Kindle as someone mentioned it on here and I want to try and use it to develop a positive way of thinking, rather than thinking deprivation thoughts because I am not drinking alcohol. If anyone has read it or seen the film, do let me know your thoughts.

Must go, lots to do, but I'll drop by later.

Sausage x
                  Day 60!

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Cloudy & damp here but the heavy rain has moved on. Hopefully the weed pulling will be easier over the next few days

Almost, everytime we sold a house I had weeks of either nightmares or total insomnia
                    That's one of the reasons I think I'm going to stay put regardless of all the work that needs to be done around here. I'll just stay & let them drag my carcass out after I'm gone :H
                    Wishing you a buyer very soon!

Greenie, I just downloaded 'Pharmageddon' by Dr Michael Healy on my Kindle yesterday. Very interesting reading. He talks about the shift in patient care in the mid 70's from healing arts to a pharmacological takeover. I know, I was there to witness the whole thing - yuck!

Greetings to shue, sugar, TDN, Mum, Sausage & everyone!
                    Time for me to get to Curves then back here for work.
                    Have a great AF Monday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate those celebrating milestones!! To me 60 days is a pretty big deal, so congrats to Blondie and Almost Famous and Sausage!!! I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did --congrats to you too!:goodjob:

Shue, I could sure relate to your post this morning. Yesterday afternoon while working on my front yard renovation (building a patio) I got a VERY strong urge for beer. My first thought was my MWO peeps and I thought about how much beer and ciggies I must have gone through in all the years with my outdoors projects/gardening, etc. I told myself if I really had the urge, there was an AF beer in the fridge. I refilled my water bottle and carried on. It amazes me after 4 years how strong those feelings come back. I just tell myself--remember, you don't drink anymore.

I've had the exact same conversations as you with my hubby. It took him awhile to figure out--Damn! I think she might be serious this time! Now he is used to me not drinking, never keeps any in the house although he does plenty of his own drinking. WE had many conversations in the past about my guilty feelings over drinking, he never understood....or did he????

Ok, I promised to keep it short. I wish you guys would share some of your rain! It has been gorgeous here, but dry. Things are starting to get busy at the cemetery and my house has been severely neglected so I need to get busy.

Have a great AF week all!!!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT - I guessed fire pit right on your FB picture? :H Good for me :H
                        I have tons of housework waiting for me as well but I'm more interested in getting back outside when it dries up a bit more. We did have somewhere between 2-3" of rain yesterday.

I just wanted to mention I saw a post yesterday by a new member named zeb.
                        She posted a link to her story re AL & SSRIs on Dr Michael Healy's website - amazing to read.
                        He's just published a book called 'Pharmageddon' ~ which is right up my alley :H
                        I went to Amazon & downloaded it on my Kindle
                        Here is zeb's post: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ngs-63139.html
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Omigosh, I don't think I've even checked in yet!

I did read this morning during my decomatosing period, though. Honest.

TDN, I had to laugh at the old gal's b-day celebration :H So glad you guys did that for her :l Reminds me of our surrogate grandma (sadly she passed away 2 years ago); I got to know her thanks to a starved and battered tom cat who had sought refuge in our garage in December. We nursed him back to health but couldn't keep him, so in my search for a new home for him I happened to meet 'Ole'. Balloon boobs would have been totally up her alley. A couple of years before the decline of her health she marched into an adult store, demanding to be shown garter belts (mournfully recalling the days when the Bay and Sears used to carry those). From eye witness reports, she entertained the entire store and showed some interest in 'other' items as well. Upon returning home with her purchases, she promptly tried them on, complete with large red hat and beach bag. Her sister (also in her 80s was ready with the camera) :H Btw, Ole and Garfield (yeah, not very original, I know) were inseparable until the end.

LVT, I was somewhat surprised to read you still have 'urges' (the AL kind, I mean!).. for some reason you always strike me as one of the ones above and beyond. Probably rather ignorant of me, huh? I'm very glad you got that out of your head in a hurry.. and good Lord, woman.. when you say renovate the yard, you really mean business! :H Love the look of the firepit!

I'm really in awe of you ladies sitting your hubbies down. I avoid talking about AL at all cost. I'm not totally sure why but I do believe that Mr. W. has a deep rooted low opinion of people with addictions. Just some small comments over the years. I don't need to be made to feel like a lesser person.

Sugar.. you're gonna be the PRO To Go To when it comes to interviews. Now, let's hope they all offer you a job and start bidding

Snausage, happy 60 AF days, again. Way to go!

Greenie and Kas, you two could write a book. You're so knowledgeable.

Mum2... I owe you an email, don't I? Will try to get on that tonight!

Shue... :l Go stash that poison elsewhere! And, I really don't think 'normies' will ever understand what it's like for us.

Ok.. speaking of normies... I hear a car pulling in. Off I go to make dinner. Night all!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello fabbers,

Hope everyone had a fantastic Monday. Woke up this tues morning to freezing weather (well a freezing as Western Australia gets 11C, 51 F LOL ) and clear blue skies. Not sure where the rain is???

Loving the great storys about balloon boobs and surrogate grandmas( it just shows that ages does not dimenish your humor), gardening tips (can someone come do my garden please), interviews comming up, science lessons and just general positive goings on..love this place.

Off to start work...

Have a fabulous day
                            xx

Comment

sunshine_gg;1303014 wrote: I'm really in awe of you ladies sitting your hubbies down. I avoid talking about AL at all cost. I'm not totally sure why but I do believe that Mr. W. has a deep rooted low opinion of people with addictions. Just some small comments over the years. I don't need to be made to feel like a lesser person.

Sunni - you took the words right out my mouth..................
                              Same things go with my Mr W.

Matilda feels much better today, hasn't puked & has gotten into just about everything :H
                              She just wanted to send greetings!

AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X