hating myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hating myself

Hi i am 30 yrs old, im a wife and mother of 1 beutiful heathy 2 yr old boy. I love my husband and son very much, we live in a really great home, have a big circle of friends and loving families. So why is it most times i drink...i get plastered to the point where i can not remember whats happened. i feel so iresponsible! I have tried giving up drinking on a handful of occasions in the past 5yrs. Once going for 9mths without 1 drink. It felt so good, i was in control of my life, i was abetter person for it. I stopped drinking last year on the 26th of dec, and i went to a wedding on the weekend and ended up drinking, i really hate myself for this. I always end op making a fool of myself. i feel like a really bad mum and wife. i do stupid things whn im drunk. I only reallly drink on occasions, its not like we drink on a nightly basis, but im always the drunkest, flirtiest, loudest. I hate the drunk me.....what do i ?

hating myself

Yep, I can relate and so can just about everyone here. Read the book, take the supplements. You have had longer stints of AF than I have so you know you can do it again. Keep at it, and get involved here. You will love the support..........
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

hating myself

Hi Kirsty.
      I'd just like to reiterate what Lush said and say hello.
      This is a great place.
      Welcome

Comment

hating myself

Welcome

Kirsty,
        Glad you are here. Take some time to read the posts. You will find a lot of support and a lot of people in the same place as you.

Beaches
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

hating myself

Hi Kristy,

welcome to the MWO community of really great folks, who have been and are going through the same obstacles as you. ask questions share your hopes, pain,and vistories...we are all pulling for each others success.

Come here often, and read & share. One day at a time Never! Give up...
          Control the Mind

Comment

hating myself

Hello, you are going to find alot of support here and alot of us have been in your situation a ton. I just got sick and tired of myself so I found this site one day. I has changed my life, I never feel alone anymore.

We are here for you,

Sammys

Comment

hating myself

Hi Kirsty,
              I can relate!! I came here in November and started reading and posting every day. It helped tremendously! Three months later I have drank wine on three occassions, and have not been trashed once. (and that was a change from drinking often and getting trashed several times a month!!) Anyway, I hope you find the same sort of strength and clarity here. For me, this place made all the difference!!
              Good luck and welcome. As the others said, keep reading and posting. Being honest about your alcohol (even just here on this site) issues goes a long way to helping to heal.

Olly

Comment

hating myself

we are all here to love an support you read the book get the sup. see about getting campral & tompmax works great for me

Comment

hating myself

Kirsty,
                  I have drank daily for 30 years, until now. I am now 18 days AF, and I will keep it going. You are so young and fortunate to be aware of your problem NOW. So join us on the journey.
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

hating myself

Kirsty
                    :welcome:

I'm glad you found this site. Read the book, follow the advice and post often, you will be amazed at the support you will get here.

Hilary
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hating myself

Kristie,
                      You are so young and smart!! This is my first day and your message brought tears to me. Let's do it together. Caroline

Comment

hating myself

Kirsty. You are NOT the worst when you are drunk! Please, I'd like to own that title. Haha! You know, it's funny what you see sometimes when others are drinking, or the crazy stories you hear, but it always does feel like you are the worst. I think so much are caught in a cycle. We drink, act like an ass, hate ourselves. Then, we get bummed out at ourselves, and drink to get rid of the pain, just to do it all over again. It soulds like you can go a long period of time without drinking. Congrats on that achievement alone. Stick around, and we'll remind you not to drink. I'm coming here as often as possible to hear others, and share my own stories of how booze is just not worth the health issues, and embarrasment. Thanks for posting, and I hope to converse with you in the future.
                        where does this go?

Comment

hating myself

Hi,

Welcome and as everyone has said, we are all in the same boat, you'll get heaps of love and support here.

All the best, Jasmin
                          :thanks: :h

Comment

hating myself

Yep, Kirsty, I too have a fine life, and nothing really bad has ever happened to me. You'd think I'd be grateful, no, I too drank for the best part of 25 years until finding this site.

keep coming back, it really helps.
                            good luck

Comment

hating myself

Hi,

This site is making the world of difference, it has increased my support base 1000 fold, use it to your advantage.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X