Has anyone used Lamictal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used Lamictal

for bipolar depression? I've been told that I self medicate w/alcohol for agitated depression. Does anyone have any experience with this. Thanks, any thoughts appreciated.
    headless

Has anyone used Lamictal

Hi Headless.

My daughter is taking Lamictal for Epilepsy .......

So I too would be interested in any feedback about this drug...
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Has anyone used Lamictal

I just know it's known as an anticonvulsant but doesn't act like the other anticonvulsant drugs (chemically it's different). Alcohol may increase the severity of the side-effects of lamotrigine. Can't remember any more info on it...
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Has anyone used Lamictal

I've been on Lamictal for about a year. I was on lithium before that. Diagnosed as bipolar long ago. Before I was a drunk, and before I used any street drugs. Sadly, over time, I used alcohol and drugs more than the meds the doctors gave me. When I first started the Lithium, I was great. Didn't drink for a while. I thought, damn, this not only cured my moods, but my drinking. Then, I started drinking again. Thought I had control of things so now I could enjoy the booze without the repercussions. Well, that just lead to more and more drinking. Quit taking the meds, and didn't take any more a couple years. Then, I decided I was going to quit drinking again. I was doing good, but couldn't handle the mood swings. Got Lamictal and Seroquel, and after the side effects wore off, I thought, this is Great. I thought it really helped. Well, guess what. History had repeated itself. Had a beer here and there, thought I was healed. Then, I drank more and more. The meds help, but not if you get loaded all the time. I know now, that although there are meds to help my moods, the demon that makes me want to get completely wasted, is never going to leave me alone. That reality was necessary to admit how deep my problem was. Hopefully the Lamictal can help if you really are BP. But, if you continue to drink while taking the meds, you'll have to confont that problem.
        where does this go?

Comment

Working...
        X